The PERQ emulator author?

Bob Campbell

Aug 22, 2014, 10:41:22 PM8/22/14
I just tried sending an email to ders...@mail.msu.edu and also to
ders...@pilot.msu.edu

It was returned as undeliverable. Anyone know what happened to Josh
Dersch?

The emulator is available at:

http://yahozna.dyndns.org/projects/PERQemu/index.html

It hasn't been updated in about 4 years, but seems to work OK.

Bob

Al Kossow

Aug 23, 2014, 12:06:55 AM8/23/14
On 8/22/14 7:41 PM, Bob Campbell wrote:
> I just tried sending an email to ders...@mail.msu.edu and also to
> ders...@pilot.msu.edu
>
> It was returned as undeliverable. Anyone know what happened to Josh
> Dersch?

He's still around but has a gmail account now

He posted on the classiccmp mailing list today

Skeezics

Sep 23, 2014, 7:29:04 PM9/23/14
Hi! Wow, a real-live PERQemu user in the wild! Nice to know you're out there. :-)

I'm actually helping Josh with a new release of the emulator that includes a new RasterOp implementation. There's still a bit of debugging and optimization to get performance up a bit, but it works well enough to boot Accent S4 and PNX 1.0, as well as POS D.6 and F.0/F.1! In addition to Windows/.NET, it runs under Mono as well (tested on both Mac OSX with a keyboard driver patch, and Linux).

Josh is planning to add support for the streamer board (QIC tape) and I'll be looking at Ethernet emulation next. Those would round out the PERQ-1 emulation, pretty much. Further on there are plans to drop in a "real" Z80 for EIO board emulation, letting us support the PERQ-2 models as well. That opens the door to lots more cool stuff: landscape display, 24-bit CPU, 5.25" disks, and all the later OS releases: POS G.x, Accent S6, and PNX 5.x.

We'll announce the new release once it has had some testing and is all packaged up for distribution, hopefully Real Soon Now. :-)

-- Chris
(skeezicsb at the googly mail place)

mrpi...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 9:06:40 PM3/15/16
Hi-

just wanted to add, I am using this amazing Perq emulator for an art installation that features an original Perq! Will touch base with photos and documentation soon.