"PERQ Workstations" by R D Davis - anyone have a copy?

Letdorf

Dec 3, 2008, 9:51:02 AM12/3/08
Assuming there are still some PERQ fanatics reading this group...

I've recently been trying to expand the Wikipedia article about the
PERQ. Probably the most comprehensive reference for all things PERQ
was the 268(?)-page magnum opus "PERQ Workstations" compiled by the
late R D Davis. Unfortunately this seems to have disappeared off the
net now - the best I can do is a Google PDF-to-HTML conversion of the
first 62 pages of the copy which used to be on maben.homeip.net
(currently offline). Does anyone still have a copy of this document?
I'm happy to host it on my own webspace for posterity.

Also, if anyone has any images of PERQs they'd be happy to release
under an appropriate licence (eg. CC-BY-SA or GFDL) for inclusion in
the article, that would be great!

Cheers!

Letdorf

Dec 8, 2008, 10:33:20 AM12/8/08
I've now managed to download the copy on maben.homeip.net - as this
was very slow, I've mirrored it at

http://www.tty00.org/perq/theperq-2006.pdf

Still on the lookout for photos...

PS. Does the perq-fanatics mailing list still exist?

Cheers!

Al Kossow

Dec 8, 2008, 12:30:00 PM12/8/08
Letdorf wrote:

> PS. Does the perq-fanatics mailing list still exist?

It appears the domain has lapsed.
Perhaps it's time to check back with Mrs Davis about trying
to preserve her son's work.

Al Kossow

Dec 8, 2008, 12:41:34 PM12/8/08

Before people go off on their own.. Bill Von Hagen contacted
Mrs Davis about trying to preserve the one of a kind artifacts
that her son had. It would probably be best for Bill to be the
one to try again, if he's interested.