SA4008 disk drive belt

Skeezics

Jan 24, 2009, 2:37:46 PM1/24/09
Would anyone just happen to have a replacement Shugart SA4008 disk
drive belt (part #10902) laying about? Or suggestions for how to
safely refurbish one?

It's physically in good shape, with no apparent cracks, stretching or
damage, but it slips off just a few seconds after applying power. The
inside of the belt has pretty much worn smooth. There are no
instructions in the OEM manual or readily apparent tensioning
adjustments on the drive.

Thanks,

-- Chris

Skeezics

Jan 24, 2009, 2:41:48 PM1/24/09

Skeezics wrote:
> Would anyone just happen to have a replacement Shugart SA4008 disk
> drive belt (part #10902) laying about? Or suggestions for how to
> safely refurbish one?

D'oh. Sorry - the belt itself says 10904-0; the manual says 10902 for
a 115V/60Hz drive.

Still, they're both probably made of pure unobtanium, so I'd take
whatever I can get. :-)

-- Chris