PERQemu v0.4.4 now available

Skeezics

Jun 27, 2018, 12:25:46 AM6/27/18

Some actual PERQ-related news on alt.sys.perq!

PERQemu v0.4.4 is a snapshot release of Josh Dersch's excellent PERQ emulator. This version rolls up around 8 years of updates since the v0.3 package was posted on yahozna. I guess the big news, which we maybe forgot to mention here, is that PERQemu sources are now being maintained at GitHub:

* github.com/jdersch/PERQemu - the master repository

* github.com/skeezicsb/PERQemu - my fork, where all manner of mischief is afoot

Of note, this version of PERQemu can run POS, Accent and PNX! Lots more info in the Readme and release notes.

Also, with the blockbuster press release announcing POS F.15 -- the first new PERQ OS release in over 30 years! -- you can poke around at

* github.com/skeezicsb/PERQmedia

for add-on stuff not in the main PERQemu tree. (Note that the F.15 disk images are included in the PERQemu v0.4.4 binary package already!) For the few remaining diehard PERQ fans in the world, I hope to expand that over time with additional code, curated disk images, and other goodies. What can I say? It keeps me off the streets.

Share and enjoy!