PERQ OS Release F.15 announced

Skeezics

Jun 27, 2018, 12:08:21 AM6/27/18
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: S. Boondoggle
Phone: (800) 555-1212
Info: https://github.com/skeezicsb/

PERQ OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION F.15 RELEASED

Long awaited OS refresh debuts

PORTLAND, OR, June 26 -- Boondoggle Heavy Industries, Ltd. today announced that a new version of the PERQ Operating System (POS) had escaped containment. Five years in the making, POS F.15 is first in a long line of planned upgrades outlined in a roadmap from Boondoggle's Retrocomputing Technology Division. F.15 brings a handful of bug fixes and new features to the moribund OS. Users of the venerable PERQ-1 computer system, built in the early 1980s by the long defunct Three Rivers Computer Corporation, were positively overcome with emotion at the news.

"Providing users of POS F with a roadmap for future development is significant," said one institutional customer, eyebrow slightly raised. "Facing the need to recompile for POS G and swap out Z80 PROMs was as daunting as making the leap to System 7 on our Macintoshes, or giving up DOS on our PCs. Now that we have an option to move forward less disruptively with POS F.15, I'm cautiously optimistic."

Available now in virtual disk images for free download, POS F.15 is compatible with the updated PERQemu v0.4.4, a software emulator, also released today. Hardware validation to support the legion PERQ-1 systems lurking in basements around the world is underway at BHI's quality assurance laboratory. Pricing for full 8" floppy media kits was not announced.

Boondoggle Heavy Industries, Ltd. is one tiny subsidiary under the Boondoggle Global umbrella of companies, a burgeoning conglomerate pretty much hellbent on total world domination, once I've had my coffee.

# # #

For downloads and more information, please visit https://github.com/skeezicsb/