Rescuing a PERQ T2

jao-...@iximail.com

Jul 31, 2007, 6:06:40 PM7/31/07
Hi there,

I recently acquired a wonderful PERQ T2 that needs some
work to get up and running.

Physically the system is complete and in good general condition.

There is a possible problem with the 5 1/4" Micropolis drive
in that on booting the HD LED goes on and stays on.

The diagnostic display shows 010 for most of the time, and
finally changes to 013 (drive time out).

I do have a known working boot disk, but the PERQ T2 doesnt
seem to want to boot from floppy.

Any ideas. I know the PERQ 1 requires SHIFT-A to boot from
floppy, does the PERQ 2 need anything?

Thanks

Ian.