Xmodem Device Drivers for OS/8

Martin Eberhard

Sep 28, 2023, 4:33:18 PM9/28/23
I've written a set of device drivers for OS/8 that allow you to send and receive files via the Xmodem protocol. You can use these device drivers with PC programs like TeraTerm or HyperTerm (or Linux equivalent) to transfer any sort of files to and from your OS/8 disk.

Once installed (with BUILD), these work nicely with e.g. PIP, like this:

.R PIP
*MYFILE<XMR:/I

and also the other direction:

.R PIP
*XMT:<MYFILE/I

You can find the source code and assembled code, as well as documentation, here:

https://deramp.com/downloads/mfe_archive/005-Documentation%20and%20Code%20by%20Martin/010%20Code%20by%20Martin/DEC%20PDP8%20Code/XMR%20and%20XMT%20Device%20Handlers/

Enjoy.
Martin E.

Bob Armstrong

Sep 29, 2023, 11:12:15 AM9/29/23
On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 1:33:18 PM UTC-7, Martin Eberhard wrote:
> I've written a set of device drivers for OS/8 that allow you to send and receive files via the Xmodem protocol.

This is great - thank you!

Bob

P.S. The DECUS style writeup is a nice touch :)

Martin Eberhard

Sep 29, 2023, 7:14:15 PM9/29/23

> P.S. The DECUS style writeup is a nice touch :)

:-) Thanks!