Datatrieve-11 and DECnet

Johnny Billquist

Jan 24, 2022, 12:12:18 AM1/24/22
Ok, it's highly unlikely that anyone cares, but just in case I am
posting this anyway.

When using RSX-11M-Plus, if you write a program that uses the
Datatrieve-11 callable interface over DECnet, your program cannot use
DECnet itself for anything in parallel. Which sucks. I've just done some
changes to the Datatrieve-11 call interface library, so that this is now
possible to do. Ping me if you want to know more.

I've also written a nice interface from PDP-11 C, which makes it pretty
easy to use both Datatrieve-11 and DECnet.

The weird things I amuse myself with, 20 years after anyone stopped
caring. :-)

Johnny

lordha...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2022, 3:49:06 PM1/25/22
you're amusing yourself and that's the most important thing 😄 Keep the messages coming Johnny

Tim

Jan 25, 2022, 6:20:18 PM1/25/22
As long as it's useful to you then it's all good.

Johnny Billquist

Jan 27, 2022, 11:13:50 AM1/27/22
Oh, it's useful for me. However, I do not need to announce it here for
it to be useful to me. But in the (unlikely) case that someone else
stumbles upon the problem, now they know there is a solution.

And I would think it would be really cool if someone (apart from me)
actually do still write code using Datatrieve-11 and DECnet, but I'm not
really expecting it.

Johnny

Tim

Jan 27, 2022, 12:47:46 PM1/27/22
On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 10:13:50 AM UTC-6, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 2022-01-26 00:20, Tim wrote:
> >>>

> Oh, it's useful for me. However, I do not need to announce it here for
> it to be useful to me. But in the (unlikely) case that someone else
> stumbles upon the problem, now they know there is a solution.
>
> And I would think it would be really cool if someone (apart from me)
> actually do still write code using Datatrieve-11 and DECnet, but I'm not
> really expecting it.

I have to admit it is not likely. I have never used either myself. But you did your due diligence and hopefully someone
else out there may find this useful.