Looking for a vintage functional SMD Drive for my computer museum

Michael Raab

Mar 29, 2021, 4:46:52 PM3/29/21
Hello,

I'm looking for a functional SMD drive. I've a DILOG Controller for QBus. The controller works fine - but only tested with a SMD disk emulator (AEM-1).

here is a list of SMD drives - if anybody owns some tell me price and state of the drive.

AMPEX Capricorn 165
AMPEX Scorpio 48
AMPEX Scorpio 80
AMPEX DFR-932
AMPEX DFR-964
AMPEX DFR-996
AMPEX DM980

BALL BD50
BALL BD80
BASF 6172

CENTURY DATA SYS. M80
CENTURY DATA SYS. M160
CENTURY DATA SYS. Trident T-82RM
CONTROL OAT A CORP. CMD 9448-32
CONTROL OAT A CORP. CMD 9448-64
CONTROL DATA CORP. CMD 9448-96
CONTROL DATA CORP. MMD 9730-24
CONTROL DATA CORP. MMD 9730-80
CONTROL DATA CORP. MMD 9730-160
CONTROL DATA CORP. SMD 9762
CONTROL DATA CORP. SMD 9764

FUJITSU M-2283
FUJITSU M-2284
FUJITSU 2311
FUJITSU 2312

KENNEDY 5303
KENNEDY 5305
KENNEDY 5380

MITSUBISHI 2860-2

NEC 01220
NEC 01240
NIPPON PERIPHERALS NP30-40
NIPPON PERIPHERALS NP30-80
NIPPON PERIPHERALS NP30-120

PRIAM OISKOS 3350
PRIAM 6650
PRIAM 15450
TECSTOR Sapphire 160
TECSTOR Sapphire 165

regards
michael

Marc J.

Mar 30, 2021, 6:19:42 AM3/30/21
Hello Michael,

You can add the NEC D2246 to your list.
In September 2017, there were new ones for sale on Ebay (more than 15 pcs)
I bought a few but sorry, I'm keeping them.
The carrier damaged them, I don't know if they still work.
The user milbourne on eevblog bought one, he may not be using it.
He's located in UK

Regards,
Marc

--