PDP-11/44 gas struts

Alan Frisbie

Dec 23, 2021, 11:41:12 PM12/23/21
I have a PDP-11/44 system in the DEC 41" high cabinet.
It is designed to be tilted up for service, aided and
supported by two gas struts, one on each side.

Unfortunately, after all these years, the struts have
failed and do not provide any assistance. That box is
heavy!

Does anyone know where I can get replacement gas struts?

Thanks,
Alan Frisbie

Paul Rubin

Dec 24, 2021, 3:16:33 AM12/24/21
Alan Frisbie <Usenet0...@flying-disk.com> writes:
> Does anyone know where I can get replacement gas struts?

Look on youtube for ways to re-pressurize the ones on cars.