Looking for a manual fot the Mentec M100 CPU board

Michael Raab

Jul 2, 2021, 11:55:14 AM7/2/21
Hello,

I'm looking for a manual and/or engineering sheets for the mentec M100 CPU board.

Not found it on bitsavers - all information is welcome.

regards

Michael

Mark Matlock

Jul 24, 2021, 9:02:47 PM7/24/21
On Friday, July 2, 2021 at 10:55:14 AM UTC-5, m...@mrsystems.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a manual and/or engineering sheets for the mentec M100 CPU board.
>
> Not found it on bitsavers - all information is welcome.

Michael,
I'm also looking for the Mentec M100 manual. I do have manuals
for the Mentec M1 and M11 which do not use a J11 but the configuration
menu has some similarity to the M100 so they help a bit. Let me know
if you want them and also if you do find a M100 manual I'd be interested
in a copy. If I find one I'll also let you know.

Best,
Mark

Michael Raab

Jul 25, 2021, 3:16:26 AM7/25/21
Hello Mark,

Thank's for your offer. The manuals for M1 and M11 are here in my database.

If I find a M100 manual as print or file - I'll inform you.

If anybody has a printed M100 manual - If someone is willing to lend me the manual for a scan, that would also be a solution.

regards

Michael

Michael Raab

Aug 3, 2021, 10:49:43 AM8/3/21
Hello Mark,

I've my mentec 100 now running in a MicroPDP BA23 system with a emulex UC07 controller and a SCSI2SD emulator by AmigaKit.

RT11 is booting and als parts like EIS FPU MMU are found. RT11 identified the CPU as 11/73+ with 4 MB of memory.

XXDP also booting.

Is there a RT11 image by mentec that correctly identify the CPU as mentec 100?
Are you intereseted in picture of the switch and jumper configuration of the M100?

regards
Michael

Matlock

Aug 8, 2021, 9:31:19 AM8/8/21

Michael,
My Mentec M100-04 is set up pretty similar to yours. It is is a BA23 box with a UC07 and
two SCSI2SD cards, and a DELQA for DECnet/TCP-IP using RSX11M+ V4.6

I've never run RT-11 on the Mentec board but RSX reports the following info for the M100:

CON>dis att for sys
SYS
PDP-11/73, EIS,QBUS,D-Space,Cache,FPP,
Clock=KW11-L, $TKPS=60., $TTPRM=000002, Cache_control=000001

If there is a version of RT-11 that correctly identifies the M100 it would have to be the
latest version RT-11 V5.7 but I doubt if it is correctly identified by it since the latest version
of RSX11M+ V4.6 doesn't identify it correctly either.

if you want we could compare card switch settings to via photos.

In the RT-11 V5.7 release notes the following mention of the Mentec boards is made:
Updated Hardware List for Version 5.7
The following hardware has been added:
• SCSI adapter (added but undocumented for Version 5.6)
• SCSI disk (added but undocumented for Version 5.6)
• SCSI tape (added but undocumented for Version 5.6)
• Mentec M-series processors
• M100 (J11 based)
• M90 (J11 based)
• M80 (J11 based)
• M70 (J11 based)
• M11 (J 11 emulation)
• Time of Year (TOY) clock for Digital’s KDJ11-E based processor s
• Previously retired devices (1)
• Other SCSI devices(1)

RSX11M+ V4.6 has a similar mention of the Mentec boards but I've never been able
to get the TOY clock to work. Does that work for you under RT-11?

Best,
Mark

Michael Raab

Aug 24, 2021, 2:05:42 AM8/24/21
Hello Mark,

I'm sorry for my late reply, but there's a lot of work to do at this time.

First - Are you sure there is a TOY clock at the M100 board?

I've have a 11/93 with KDJ11-E and 4MB memory. The TOY clock is found by RT11 5.7 and RSX11M+ 4.6 - but same booting with the M100 doesn't find a TOY clock.

I save a 11/73+ with 2 RL02, a dual Floppy Disk 8 inch, a big Tape drive and an 8 inch Harddisk last weekend - therefore I can setup the QBus cage with the m100 for some tests and pictures next week.

I prefer to communicate using e-mail because of pictures and communication speed.

Here is my address:

mikes...@gmail.com

have a nice day

Michael