TOPS-20 V2 installation

Lars Brinkhoff

Apr 14, 2022, 2:19:20 AM4/14/22
Hello,

There is a TOPS-20 V2 installation tape on Bitsavers. I made a copy and
extracted some stuff from it:

https://github.com/larsbrinkhoff/tops20-v2

I tried to do an installation using Richard Cornwells PDP-10 emulator:

https://github.com/rcornwell/sims/

I tested his SIMH configuration script for TOPS-20 V3A, but it didn't
work:

https://www.sky-visions.com/dec/t20v3/

On closer examination, /g140 gets us a working EDDT. /g143 does run for
a bit, but crashes when paging is enabled. The EBR and UBR are set to
2000 and 3000, respectively, but the memory there is all zero.

Any idea of how to make this work?

Lars Brinkhoff

Apr 14, 2022, 2:30:47 AM4/14/22
Interestingly, some V1B monitor binaries from January 1977 are included
on the tape.