Networking issue on the Panda distribution for Tops-20 under klt-20

an...@openbsd.home

Oct 15, 2020, 7:17:57 AM10/15/20
Hello.

I am running Tops-20 under klt20 from the Panda distribution at
http://panda.trailing-edge.com/ .
My issue is that the tap/bridging setup is too complex to do
under Slackware 14.2, and I would like to know if it's there
a simpler networking option as slirp does in other emulators,
where no complex NAT rules are needed for iptables, albeit
in order to listen on a service you need to redirect ports.
Thanks for your help.

Rich Alderson

Oct 15, 2020, 10:01:56 PM10/15/20
Hi, Anders,

I had klt20 running under Slackware 12 and 14 at the museum for years, and
never had any issues with the networking.

What problem are you seeing?

--
Rich Alderson ne...@alderson.users.panix.com
Audendum est, et veritas investiganda; quam etiamsi non assequamur,

an...@openbsd.home

Oct 16, 2020, 2:08:45 PM10/16/20
On 2020-10-16, Rich Alderson <ne...@alderson.users.panix.com> wrote:
> an...@openbsd.home writes:
>
>> Hello.
>
>> I am running Tops-20 under klt20 from the Panda distribution at
>> http://panda.trailing-edge.com/ .
>> My issue is that the tap/bridging setup is too complex to do
>> under Slackware 14.2, and I would like to know if it's there
>> a simpler networking option as slirp does in other emulators,
>> where no complex NAT rules are needed for iptables, albeit
>> in order to listen on a service you need to redirect ports.
>> Thanks for your help.
>
> Hi, Anders,
>
> I had klt20 running under Slackware 12 and 14 at the museum for years, and
> never had any issues with the networking.
>
> What problem are you seeing?

Well, I solved it by using the wlan0 interface directly instead of a
tun/tap device, but I'm afraid this could be slower than using a
virtual interface for the emulator itself.
Anyway, thanks for your help.