Want Dell Latitude Password/Service-Tag Generator Program

mut...@hotmail.com

Sep 4, 2005, 12:53:19 PM9/4/05
Have purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation
Army's outlet store.
I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I
access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer system,
# 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You
cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter>
""
I noticed that the website postings mentioned " latitude.exe "
(password generator file/program) which I tried but it is geared to
only receiving 5 (five) characters for the Service_Tag_# input to this
program-file. I also used "Latitude_MasterPW.exe" but that does not do
it either. Does anyone know the file-name and where I can download the
correct Dell Password-Generator to solve my problem that will work for
"my" Dell model (C600/C500) Latitude?
Any help would be appreciated. Dell only helps those who can ""prove""
ownership (prove they are the original purchaser)!
My Dell is a: Latitude C600/C500 modle PP01L
Computer system: # 5ZWJP01-595B
Service Tag #: 5ZWJP01
Express Service Code: 13054894417
Thanks in advance

Message has been deleted

Hank Arnold

Sep 5, 2005, 6:08:26 AM9/5/05
I think you may be screwed.... The only way to get around this is to call
Dell and try to prove ownership. You may end =up returning it to the SA...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

<mut...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Steve W.

Sep 5, 2005, 9:16:23 PM9/5/05

<mut...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Call Dell and explain it to them, they will ask for proof of ownership
and check if it was reported stolen. Only way to do it.

GaryD45

Apr 5, 2006, 12:05:58 PM4/5/06

If you unplug the power cord and the batteries for 2-4 hours, the BIOS
forgets the password & you can put in your own.

--
GaryD45

Tom Scales

Apr 5, 2006, 7:19:09 PM4/5/06
No, it doesn't. The password is in EEPROM and will be remembered for longer
than our lifetime.

The only way to get the password is to contact Dell. Prove your ownership
(which requires you to contact the original owner) and they will provide a
master password.

In this situation, you likely bought a doorstop, since you may have
difficulty proving proper ownership.

The purpose of this is to prevent people from stealing laptops and still
accessing them.

Ask the Salvation Army to contact the person that donated it to them and
have them do a change of ownership with Dell.

Tom
"GaryD45" <GaryD45...@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

Mike

Apr 6, 2006, 2:52:35 AM4/6/06
http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm

There is *always* a way. The question is whether or not you have the
time/patience to find it. I'm not familiar with your particular system, but
finding and pulling the cmos battery (and all other power sources) for an
hour or so will likely work. Sometimes there's pins to short on the
mainboard, but of course you need to know which ones to short or you could
fry the system.

Google is your best friend here, someone has done this before with your
system. Tom's suggestion about contacting the original owner is your easiest
way out, but I don't think the Salv Army is gonna do that for you. Plus,
what are the chances that the guy donated it because he forgot the password
and it was an old system anyway? If you can't contact him, then as I said
before, Google is your friend.

If it's a hard drive password your after than that's a software tool thing.
Try getting the drive manufactures tools and writing zeroes to the drive.

-Mike

"Tom Scales" <tjsc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mike

Apr 6, 2006, 2:57:54 AM4/6/06
Forgot to include this in last message

http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html

-Mike

"Mike" <Mi...@NoSpam.com> wrote in message

Tom Scales

Apr 6, 2006, 6:09:43 AM4/6/06
Unfortunately, having worked with Dells for a long-time, the only one on
that list that will work is the master password from Dell.

Tom Scales

Apr 6, 2006, 6:10:18 AM4/6/06
Still won't work.

"Mike" <Mi...@NoSpam.com> wrote in message

William P.N. Smith

Apr 6, 2006, 9:39:52 AM4/6/06
"Mike" <Mi...@NoSpam.com> wrote:
>There is *always* a way.

Sorry, Mike, but "the way" with Dell machines is to prove ownership to
Dell so they'll give you the backdoor password.

>If it's a hard drive password your after than that's a software tool thing.
>Try getting the drive manufactures tools and writing zeroes to the drive.

If it's a hard drive password the drive doesn't _exist_ until you've
done a successful password exchange with it.

Fixer

Apr 6, 2006, 9:57:34 AM4/6/06
Bollocks if your gonna post in here make sure your info is correct, the
password is stored in the E-eprom and the AC/DC power has no effect on it

Mike

Apr 6, 2006, 1:34:41 PM4/6/06
If there wasn't *a way* to do it then proving ownership to Dell would be
worthless because *they* would not be able to do it either.

I never said nor meant to imply that the links I posted had the solution for
this system, they were only there as an example of some info that's out
there.

Nearly all security systems are eventually bypassed, which is what keeps
security folks in business (otherwise we'd all be using the same security
systems designed 5-10 years ago). With a system as old as his, it is a
virtual certainty that *someone* has posted how to do it *somewhere*. Now,
finding that post is another issue, which is what I meant by the
time/patience thing. It's probably not worth it for this old system, but if
you're buying a C500/600 from the Salvation Army, I'm guessing you have more
time than money. -- P.S. I don't in any way mean that as an insult to the
OP, just saying he'd probably prefer to spend time looking for a solution,
rather than buying another laptop.

-Mike

"Fixer" <the.he...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Tom Scales

Apr 6, 2006, 4:08:49 PM4/6/06
Then find the RIGHT answer and post it, not just 'could be' answers.

Bet you $100 that you won't find it.

"Mike" <Mi...@NoSpam.com> wrote in message

Steve W.

Apr 6, 2006, 8:13:24 PM4/6/06
Step 1. Contact the previous owner of the machine. This can be difficult
BUT you might be able to get some help from Dell if you call them and
give them the model and service tag number. They could look up the
machine and see if it had been reported stolen or possibly give you the
owners number (not likely but they could). Or ask them to contact the
owner on your behalf.

Step 2. After talking to the PO you can then contact Dell and they will
transfer ownership to you once you provide proof that you actually own
the machine.

Step 3. Dell will then give you the master password for that machine
with that service tag. (no list of passwords since they are computer
generated at random when the machine is first built )

Step 4. Enter the correct password and have fun with the machine.

OR - Replace the motherboard with one off Ebay and hope that it doesn't
have a password in it as well.....

Tom, I prefer cash.....

--
Steve W.

"Tom Scales" <tjsc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Tom Scales

Apr 6, 2006, 8:24:36 PM4/6/06
Yeah, but I already posted this answer (although not as well written). Too
bad you answered it since the bet was for Mike. Now he can't win!
"Steve W." <Dugd...@what.com> wrote in message

Steve W.

Apr 6, 2006, 8:39:19 PM4/6/06

Well there is only one answer after all...

--
Steve W.

"Tom Scales" <tjsc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mike

Apr 6, 2006, 9:04:43 PM4/6/06
So, here's the appropriate info. It's also for sale for about $12.00 on
Ebay, but as usual, any info that some as*hole thinks he can sell on Ebay is
also available free somewhere on the net. (I hate people who try to sell
information that's already on the net).

http://www.darkmagic.org/mike/dell-tag/dell/dell.html

This took all of ten minutes to find with Google and it does not require the
original owner or help from Dell. The C500 and C600 are listed as confirmed
to be fixable with this method. QUOTE: "The Chip is on the bottom side of
motherboard, under the PCMCIA card slots."

Just to be clear, Tom, in my first post I said that your suggestion was
best, and only recommended searching in the (likely) event that he couldn't
get in touch with the original owner.

Anyway, I prefer Paypal, let me know if you're a man of you word and I'll
shoot you the address to send the money to. (LOL)

Again, there is *always* a way. There are tools to bypass hard disk
passwords too, you just have to take the time to find the right one.

-Mike
(Link below)
http://www.darkmagic.org/mike/dell-tag/dell/dell.html

"Steve W." <Dugd...@what.com> wrote in message

Notan

Apr 6, 2006, 9:12:38 PM4/6/06
Mike wrote:

> So, here's the appropriate info. It's also for sale for about $12.00 on
> Ebay, but as usual, any info that some as*hole thinks he can sell on Ebay is
> also available free somewhere on the net. (I hate people who try to sell
> information that's already on the net).
>
> http://www.darkmagic.org/mike/dell-tag/dell/dell.html
>
> This took all of ten minutes to find with Google and it does not require the
> original owner or help from Dell. The C500 and C600 are listed as confirmed
> to be fixable with this method. QUOTE: "The Chip is on the bottom side of
> motherboard, under the PCMCIA card slots."
>
> Just to be clear, Tom, in my first post I said that your suggestion was
> best, and only recommended searching in the (likely) event that he couldn't
> get in touch with the original owner.
>
> Anyway, I prefer Paypal, let me know if you're a man of you word and I'll
> shoot you the address to send the money to. (LOL)
>
> Again, there is *always* a way. There are tools to bypass hard disk
> passwords too, you just have to take the time to find the right one.
>
> <snip>

I *seriously* doubt you're gonna find a tool to break a hard drive password,
at a resonable price.

Notan

Mike

Apr 6, 2006, 9:35:35 PM4/6/06
Let's not get that started again . . .

Do I hear $200.00??

-Mike

"Notan" <no...@ddress.thatcanbespammed> wrote in message

Notan

Apr 6, 2006, 9:49:04 PM4/6/06
Mike wrote:

> Let's not get that started again . . .
>
> Do I hear $200.00??
>
> <snip>

That's one of the nice things about getting senile... Every day's
a new day, and every thread is fresh. <g>

Notan

William P.N. Smith

Apr 6, 2006, 11:02:40 PM4/6/06
"Mike" <Mi...@NoSpam.com> wrote:
>http://www.darkmagic.org/mike/dell-tag/dell/dell.html

I'm not seeing anything in the 24C02 datasheet that says that tying
SCLK to A2 resets it...

Mike

Apr 6, 2006, 11:11:43 PM4/6/06
I don't get the impression that this is a feature of the chip. The
directions say the password feature can no longer be used after this is
done, so I get the feeling it may do some permanent damage to the chip
itself. Definitely a last resort operation.

-Mike

"William P.N. Smith" <news...@compusmiths.com> wrote in message

Mike

Apr 7, 2006, 3:59:39 PM4/7/06
Just in case any one needs it. Here's some info on locked HD's. It refers to
Toshiba, Hitachi and Fujitsu drives, but since the lock mechanism is part of
the ATA standard, it should work with other ATA drives.

Note that in some cases (where maximum security was enabled) you may need to
erase your drive to get it working, but if you lost the password and are
just trying to get a working computer, than you security has done what you
asked and that should be OK with you.

There is, of course, lots more info to be searched for if this doesn't suit
your needs.

http://www.rockbox.org/lock.html

-Mike

"Notan" <no...@ddress.thatcanbespammed> wrote in message

pulse

Apr 11, 2006, 11:18:46 PM4/11/06

I have reset many dell laptop passwords this way .... it does no
damage. But need a program called svctag to restore the password
function

Tom Scales

Apr 12, 2006, 7:27:07 AM4/12/06

"pulse" <jayispi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Which models?

William P.N. Smith

Apr 12, 2006, 11:27:17 AM4/12/06
"Mike" <Mi...@NoSpam.com> top-posted:

>I don't get the impression that this is a feature of the chip. The
>directions say the password feature can no longer be used after this is
>done, so I get the feeling it may do some permanent damage to the chip
>itself. Definitely a last resort operation.

Ah, so maybe it's scrambling the data on the chip (or returned from
the power-up read of the chip) sufficiently that the CPU thinks the
chip is hosed and erases it. Then you need to give it a service tag
before you can apply passwords (a known Dell BIOS feature is to block
password protection of uninitialized boards).

Now the OP only has to find that chip on his board...

Mike

Apr 12, 2006, 7:32:23 PM4/12/06
Yeah that's my guess. (I took a look at the data sheet too after your last
reply). Obviously shorting the connectors could screw up the data read on
boot, and it makes sense from an engineering point to wipe the chip and
enter a service mode in that case. Otherwise, if the data were to become
legitimately corrupted somehow, it would render the computer unusable.

-Mike

"William P.N. Smith" <news...@compusmiths.com> wrote in message

pulse

Apr 14, 2006, 11:57:17 PM4/14/06

Mostly lattitudes .... I was employed by a computer salvage company to
find a solution after they received laptops from the inland revenue who
had no records of passwords! After I had shorted the chip I couldn't
eneter a new password. I found this was because the service tag was
erased. Using svctag I re-entered the service tag and the password
facility was restored

Ronald Wilkinson

Apr 18, 2006, 9:44:45 PM4/18/06
Thanks Mike!

Mike

Apr 19, 2006, 12:48:40 AM4/19/06
Your welcome!
I'm glad someone made use of the info. (I'm assuming you must have)

-Mike

"Ronald Wilkinson" <matts...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Ronald Wilkinson

Apr 19, 2006, 9:20:03 PM4/19/06
Waiting for the board to arrive. replacing a bad board in my 600m. The
board is locked, so this will come in handy. I will repost after I
completed the operation to let everyone know of my success.

Mike

Apr 19, 2006, 11:13:13 PM4/19/06
Make sure you find the right chip before doing it; I saw a post earlier from
a guy who fried his board.

-Mike

"Ronald Wilkinson" <matts...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Ronald Wilkinson

Apr 20, 2006, 8:49:26 PM4/20/06
The page you listed has a very good pic of the chip you are working
with, but you are right.

Mike

Apr 20, 2006, 9:00:42 PM4/20/06
QUOTE:
"The laptop that was used in this demonstration is a Model 630 type PPX"

If that's not your exact model, the pics probably aren't the same. There is
a location of chips for several models given in the tables though. Also,
from reading the last pages of the site, I get the idea that this chip is so
commonly used, that there may be more than one of them in a given laptop.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

-Mike

"Ronald Wilkinson" <matts...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

agree

May 16, 2006, 5:32:33 AM5/16/06
> Anonymouswrote:
I can help with HDD password or primary password, even for -595B and
> its free :)
> For 5ZWJP01-595B, thinking..., master password is ET68M5X2
> you are welcome

Can you generate master pasword for C600 with Tag 8QF151S-595B ? -
would prefer not to have to do the paperclip solution if I can help
it...

Tom Scales

May 16, 2006, 6:29:20 AM5/16/06

"agree" <n...@spam.invalid> wrote in message

Why not just call Dell? They'll happily help you once you prove legal
ownership.

Ronald Wilkinson

Jun 3, 2006, 1:34:14 PM6/3/06
I finally received the board. There is no program to generate password
to get around, but I did find a way to erase the EEPROM so you can
access the board. I have instructions on a multitude of boards, along
with the location of the chip needed to erase. IT does involve
disassembling the laptop, some more than others. If anyone is
interested, send me an email and I will email the whole thing,
including a floppy and CD ISO so you can update assest codes if
needed. I did attach to this message.

Ron

david...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2015, 9:42:13 PM12/5/15
Hi Ron,

I have a latitude e6420 with a bios password I have been trying to remove. I think I have narrowed it down u52 u53 chip but I am not sure if that's right. I can be reached at Dave.D...@gmail.com

Bob_Villa

Dec 5, 2015, 10:03:48 PM12/5/15
On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 8:42:13 PM UTC-6, david...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> I have a latitude e6420 with a bios password I have been trying to remove. I think I have narrowed it down u52 u53 chip but I am not sure if that's right. I can be reached at Dave.D...@gmail.com

You do realize you're responding to someone that posted this 9 and 1/2 yrs ago?

Thomas Lake

Dec 15, 2015, 1:18:05 PM12/15/15
On Sunday, September 4, 2005 at 12:53:19 PM UTC-4, mut...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Have purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation
> Army's outlet store.
> I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I
> access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer system,
> # 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You
> cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
> Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter>
> ""
> I noticed that the website postings mentioned " latitude.exe "
> (password generator file/program) which I tried but it is geared to
> only receiving 5 (five) characters for the Service_Tag_# input to this
> program-file. I also used "Latitude_MasterPW.exe" but that does not do
> it either. Does anyone know the file-name and where I can download the
> correct Dell Password-Generator to solve my problem that will work for
> "my" Dell model (C600/C500) Latitude?
> Any help would be appreciated. Dell only helps those who can ""prove""
> ownership (prove they are the original purchaser)!
> My Dell is a: Latitude C600/C500 modle PP01L
> Computer system: # 5ZWJP01-595B
> Service Tag #: 5ZWJP01
> Express Service Code: 13054894417
> Thanks in advance

I know this is an old post but for future reference, it's not necessary to call Dell. You can reset the password yourself. Instructions are at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JqB4lkVxkA

Tom L

junior.t...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2016, 2:22:03 AM6/20/16

Coral Blush Forever!

Jan 9, 2022, 4:11:40 PM1/9/22
i want Dell Optiplex 755 service tag

Mustafa Butatti

Sep 30, 2023, 3:31:24 AM9/30/23
I need one for for hard drive reset service 1MQVZJ1 dell Inspiron 1545 the furstb3#'s are blocked out 6VE724M3-595B