Acer Monitor

David

Oct 28, 2012, 8:27:47 AM10/28/12
3 1/2 years ago I bought a 19" Acer monitor. Then it started going black. I
would turn it off and on again and it would work for a while.
After this going on for a few days, it finally would go black right after
the Acer logo.
Shouldn't it have lasted longer than 3 1/2 years?

Thanks,
David

http://daviderl31.blogspot.com/

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Oct 28, 2012, 10:03:24 AM10/28/12
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 08:27:47 -0400, "David" <david...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
If it didn't have the defective capacitors that were made using
counterfiet Chinese electrolyte it would last 10 years or more. If
you pop it open you will find, IIRC, 8 capacitors with the tops convex
instead of concave. Replace with good replacements and the monitor is
good for a long time. I've done quite a number of them. The ones made
only 3 years ago don't have the problem, but somewhwere about 2000 to
mid to late 2009 could be trouble. And it's not just Acer, and not
just monitors.
Motherboards, power supplies, video cameras, CFL ballasts,and video
cards as well as controllers in driers, microwaves, cofee-makers, etc.
all got hit by the "plague"