Walmart special on an Acer as5251-1513

Larry

Jul 24, 2010, 10:23:17 AM7/24/10
Walmart is offering an Acer AS5251-1513 for $298 this Sunday...anyone
familiar with that model? Is it really a good buy? With the ATI
Radeon HD 4250 graphics card, would it be good for gaming?

Thanks

Larry

kikaruu

Jul 26, 2010, 3:20:58 AM7/26/10

I'm actually going to pick up one of these laptops tomorrow, and I'll
therefore be able to give you firsthand experience. Otherwise, it's
said to be okay for games: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100624233647AAUQs1a
and here:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?
qid=20100718182540AAQ4VR3

Larry

Jul 26, 2010, 10:47:54 AM7/26/10

Thanks for the links...I ended doing a search on the advertised AMD
processor that is included in the Acer AS5251-1513....apparently it is
only a single core processor and it likely that the computer will be a
bit slower than the dual cores. I actually got hands one with one at
Walmart. On the outside, seems like good looking and solid. Keyboard
is solid. However, sad that it has a 64bit os but only 2 gigs of ram.
However, going to 4 gigs would increase the total price to at least
$200. I suppose if you use it as is, it might be a good buy. Larry

kikaruu

Jul 26, 2010, 9:10:20 PM7/26/10
On Jul 26, 9:47 am, Larry <alexandrinelibrar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the links...I ended doing a search on the advertised AMD
> processor that is included in the Acer AS5251-1513....apparently it is
> only a single core processor and it likely that the computer will be a
> bit slower than the dual cores.  I actually got hands one with one at
> Walmart.  On the outside, seems like good looking and solid. Keyboard
> is solid. However, sad that it has a 64bit os but only 2 gigs of ram.
> However, going to 4 gigs would increase the total price to at least
> $200.  I suppose if you use it as is, it might be a good buy.  Larry

Okay, I'm using the computer right now. I'm installing a fairly
intensive game as I type (Aika Online), so once it finishes, we'll see
how it performs. Oh, and the max memory this comp can support is 8 gb,
by the way, if that's a factor. As memory prices drop further, this
computer won't lose its extendability.