HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

Bob Fay

Jun 29, 2010, 4:35:57 PM6/29/10
I have a Acer Aspire; Notebook that has a HDMI socket on the left side. Is
this an input or an output? I have ordered a cable and I am wondering what I
can use this port for. Can I play my DVD player into my computer? Can I use
this to connect my TV as a monitor? If this is possible, how do I control
it. Any advice?

Bob

Ben Myers

Jun 30, 2010, 12:10:16 PM6/30/10

Which model? What does the owner's manual say? ... Ben Myers

Bob Fay

Jun 30, 2010, 8:57:39 PM6/30/10
My Acer Notebook is an Aspire 7535. The manual says little about the HDMI. I
received the cable today and connected it to my TV. The result is very good.
Beautiful monitor! I have yet to try the DVD inputting to the notebook. I am
a little nervous that I might see a puff of smoke from the key board. I will
relate the results when I get the nerve to try it.

Thanks for your response.

Bob

"Ben Myers" <ben_...@charter.net> wrote in message

Steve Pearce

Jul 1, 2010, 12:07:21 PM7/1/10
I think the HDMI is output only, i.e. display the notebook screen on a
TV. I'm pretty sure it can't be used the other way.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:57:39 -0700, "Bob Fay" <upy...@hotmail.com>

Bob Fay

Jul 1, 2010, 1:10:50 PM7/1/10
I tried the DVD into the Acer. Well, No Smoke and No Picture. You are right!
Thanks for the response.

Bob

"Steve Pearce" <*steve...@btinternet.com*> wrote in message

HH

Jul 15, 2010, 1:11:31 AM7/15/10
It's an HDMI output to connect a HD display or TV. My Aspire 6930 notebook
has one in the same spot.

HH

"Bob Fay" <run...@earthlink.net> wrote in message