Re: Dabs selling linux box (140 ukp ex tax)

Nick Leverton

Jul 22, 2005, 6:55:40 PM7/22/05
In article <fXcEe.28$SO4...@newsfe4-win.ntli.net>,
Paul Ryan <prya...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm going to be useing a P II-400 as my main Linux box, with a 40Gb HD,
>and the old 2.1Gb as the Swap.

Debian still ships with 386 kernels, not just Pentium ones. It's the
disk space that tends to be the killer these days - even for a firewall
I ran out on 4 Gb with all the caching I want it to do, so I've just
cascaded a 40Gb for it and it's quite happy for disk now. I also
reallocated a K6/2 into it mind you to help the web virus scanning...

Did you ever get those DRSsses working Paul (if you're the same Paul
that is) ? You could buy a 16 bit processor card for 8-bit DRS20's that
ran CDOS, sadly I didn't have such advanced stuff. Shame Xenix wasn't
ported to the multi-processor-per-box DRS architecture :)

Nick

Err I haven't sorted a feed for a.s.i yet so please keep uk.col in the
newsgroups :)
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself