Re: bad mortgage bailout

1 view

it's a silly place

Sep 21, 2008, 10:04:25 PM9/21/08
Zimbabwe has done a magnificent job of preventing deflation.

--
http://sillyblog.net
"Never give a sucker an even break" - W.C. Fields

Thomas Armagost

Sep 22, 2008, 6:44:23 PM9/22/08
"Sgt.Sausage" wrote:

> "Les Cargill" <lcar...@cfl.rr.com> wrote
>
>> And if I may, the present mess was *brought* to you
>> by people who followed mathematical models without
>> being sufficiently skeptical of them.
>
> It's far, far worse than that. Not only were they *not*
> "sufficiently skeptical" of the models -- they actually
> manipulated [the] models, tweaked parameters here and
> there -- until they got the (bogus) results that
> they all wanted to see.

That's how Cheney and Bush built a (bogus) case for invading Iraq.

You might call it the Vice Precedent of the United States.