More US Freaking About Russian Non-Weapon

68g.1509

Feb 15, 2024, 10:21:06 PMFeb 15
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13089227/republicans-capability-russia-anti-satellite-alarmist.html

Republicans question if the US has the capability to respond
to Russia attacking its satellites: GOP infighting continues
as some raise concern about American strength in space and
others criticize 'alarmist' warning

. . .

More panic over a currently non-existent Russian weapon.

It has already been proven that ground or air-launched
missiles can hit satellites. China and Russia made a big
mess in orbit proving this a couple years ago.

However a laser-based sat killer could zap a lot more
sats a lot quicker - with no telltale missiles rising
and the time-delay involved.

As for western mil/comm sats ... they are NOT armored.
That'd add WAY WAY too much weight. A couple taps from
a strong pulsed laser and that'd be that. Even shiny
foils might not offer much protection and in many apps
would interfere with radio transmissions and/or
solar panels. Di/Trichrotic mirror film MIGHT get
past some of those problems, but you kinda need to
know the enemy laser frequency ahead of time.

Despite sci-fi, particle beams are likely NOT very
good for long-range attacks in Earth orbit. Maybe
something like a "micro-missile", maybe the size of
a pencil, with a really smart guidance system, could
be employed.

So, the best protection is to NOT have the fuckin' war
in the first place. Nobody really wins ; they just get
the honor of rotting to death a couple weeks later on.

Feb 16, 2024, 4:42:23 AMFeb 16
What's the smallest size missile from orbit that would cause enough damage
to justify the costs of getting it there in the first place?

I'm thinking something sci-fi like like a cloud of small missiles raining
down on the enemy.

Lucas McCain

Feb 16, 2024, 10:50:12 AMFeb 16
On 2/15/2024 8:20 PM, 68g.1509 wrote:
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13089227/republicans-capability-russia-anti-satellite-alarmist.html
>
> Republicans question if the US has the capability to respond
> to Russia attacking its satellites: GOP infighting continues
> as some raise concern about American strength in space and
> others criticize 'alarmist' warning
>
> . . .
>
>   More panic over a currently non-existent Russian weapon.

From your cited article:

"White House national security spokesman John Kirby seemingly confirmed
reports that the threat was related to Moscow's plan to put a nuclear
weapon into space to target and destroy satellites the world depends on
for communication."

Could be the feared EMP space weapon that could knock out electronics
and power plants in a targeted, land based area. Hardly "panic" on the
part of concerned Americans, and it seems to be speculation on your part
that the weapons are "non-existent." The Kremlin has learned valuable
lessons about Western capabilities from the war in Ukraine, much to the
detriment of the West, IMHO.

--
You voted for student loan forgiveness. You got demographic replacement
and World War 3.

"Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to
aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic
transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring
unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to
enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and
abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits
bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States
in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection
1324(a)(3)."

“Western values mean three things: migration, LGBTQ, and war." Viktor Orban

https://www.globalgulag.us

pothead

Feb 16, 2024, 11:50:02 AMFeb 16
On 2024-02-16, Lucas McCain <Lucas_...@tutanato.com> wrote:
> On 2/15/2024 8:20 PM, 68g.1509 wrote:
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13089227/republicans-capability-russia-anti-satellite-alarmist.html
>>
>> Republicans question if the US has the capability to respond
>> to Russia attacking its satellites: GOP infighting continues
>> as some raise concern about American strength in space and
>> others criticize 'alarmist' warning
>>
>> . . .
>>
>>   More panic over a currently non-existent Russian weapon.
>>

> From your cited article:
>
> "White House national security spokesman John Kirby seemingly confirmed
> reports that the threat was related to Moscow's plan to put a nuclear
> weapon into space to target and destroy satellites the world depends on
> for communication."
>
> Could be the feared EMP space weapon that could knock out electronics
> and power plants in a targeted, land based area. Hardly "panic" on the
> part of concerned Americans, and it seems to be speculation on your part
> that the weapons are "non-existent." The Kremlin has learned valuable
> lessons about Western capabilities from the war in Ukraine, much to the
> detriment of the West, IMHO.

It's probably a "wag the dog" ploy to get the Hur report out of the press.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

68g.1509

Feb 16, 2024, 4:02:28 PMFeb 16
HUMAN/military targets ??? Mostly you're talking something
kinda larger there - plus they'd need shielding to even
survive re-entry. Satellites are fragile, even a very
small frag-charge would screw 'em up.

As for stuff "raining down", we already have those - they
are called 'cluster munitions'.

68g.1509

Feb 16, 2024, 4:05:26 PMFeb 16
This whole thing DOES stink ... but we MAY be looking at
a two-tailed dog here. The scare DOES serve certain US
politicians - but it may ALSO serve Putin. It smells of
Reagan's "Star Wars" ploy except now it's the USA that
is freaked.

Feb 17, 2024, 6:16:49 AMFeb 17
Yes, that was in the back of my mind, the re-entry. But I wonder if it
would be possible to "go slow" to keep it light, but that on the other
hand, would give the enemy a lot more time to react.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 7:35:36 PMFeb 17
Why would anybody freak over Russian technology? It's crap.

Their tanks can be blown up at will.
Their supersonic missiles aren't actually supersonic.
Their guided missiles don't take directions well.
Their smart bombs are stupid.
Their planes fall out of the sky without even being shot at.
Watching their military commanders work is like watching The Three Stooges.

Swill
--
Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
- Paul Weyrich, co founder of Heritage Foundation and Moral Majority

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.