Food Prices Hit 40-Year High, Keep Breaking Records Every Month

David G. Hall

Oct 1, 2022, 11:20:42 PMOct 1
Food prices have increased every month of 2022, with each month since
February breaking 40-year records, according to data from the Bureau of
Labor Statistics (BLS).

The price of food at home increased 13.5% year-over-year in August, the
highest it’s been since May 1979, according to the BLS Consumer Price
Index (CPI) report. Since February, when the year-over-year cost of food
at home increased by 8.6% — at the time the highest level since 1981 —
grocery prices have increased every month, first breaking a 10% year-on-
year increase in March, according to archived CPI reports by the BLS.
(RELATED: Inflation Beats Expectations As Food, Grocery Prices Shatter
Records)

The rate of increase blows away the increases over the past two years,
with food at home prices increasing 3.5% in 2020 and 2021, according to
the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The increases are also well
above the USDA’s Aug. 25 estimate of a year-on-year food at home price
increase between 10% and 11% in 2022.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/09/13/food-prices-hit-40-year-high-keep-
breaking-records-every-month/

Dim Witte

Oct 3, 2022, 10:24:52 AMOct 3
Curious about how often the term "free" is used now in advertising, usually involving a free first sign up, followed by paying. Right now, Bytedefender is charging me for a free download I did a year ago, and never did sign up for their advanced version. I contested the charge against my Visa card and am getting their help.

Also, "free" is used by businesses and firms that want you with them. Tomorrow is "free discount Tuesday" at Walmart, which they do the first Tuesday of the month, so I'm going there.