Chief Seattle was prescient

D-FENS

Jul 27, 2015, 2:46:50 PM7/27/15
Only after the last tree has been cut down.
Only after the last river has been poisoned.
Only after the last fish has been caught.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

Cree Indian Prophecy

http://projects.registerguard.com/apf/ore/us-dying-salmon/

BOISE, Idaho — More than a quarter million sockeye salmon returning from
the ocean to spawn are either dead or dying in the Columbia River and
its tributaries due to warming water temperatures.

Federal and state fisheries biologists say the warm water is lethal for
the cold-water species and is wiping out at least half of this year's
return of 500,000 fish.

"We had a really big migration of sockeye," said Ritchie Graves of the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. "The thing that really
hurts is we're going to lose a majority of those fish."

He said up to 80 percent of the population could ultimately perish.

Elsewhere in the region, state fisheries biologists in Oregon say more
than 100 spring chinook died earlier this month in the Middle Fork of
the John Day River when water temperatures hit the mid-70s. Oregon and
Washington state have both enacted sport fishing closures due to warm
water, and sturgeon fishing in the Columbia River upstream of Bonneville
Dam has been halted after some of the large, bottom dwelling fish
started turning up dead.

Efforts by management teams to cool flows below 70 degrees by releasing
cold water from selected reservoirs are continuing in an attempt to
prevent similar fish kills among chinook salmon and steelhead, which
migrate later in the summer from the Pacific Ocean.

The fish become stressed at temperatures above 68 degrees and stop
migrating at 74 degrees. Much of the basin is at or over 70 degrees due
to a combination that experts attribute to drought and record heat in June.

"The tributaries are running hot," Graves said. "A lot of those are in
the 76-degree range."

In Idaho, an emergency declaration earlier this month allowed state
fisheries managers to capture endangered Snake River sockeye destined
for central Idaho and take them to a hatchery to recover in cooler
water. Of the 4,000 fish that passed Bonneville Dam on the Columbia
River, less than a fourth made it to Ice Harbor Dam on the Snake River.
An average year is 70 percent.

"Right now it's grim for adult sockeye," said Russ Kiefer of the Idaho
Department of Fish and Game. He said sockeye will often pull into
tributary rivers in search of cooler water, but aren't finding much relief.

"They're running out of energy reserves, and we're getting a lot of
reports of fish dead and dying," he said.

Thirteen species of salmon and steelhead are listed as endangered or
threatened in the Columbia River basin.

Don Campton of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said fish congregating
in confined areas trying to find cool water makes them a target for
pathogens.

"When temperatures get warm, it does stress the fish out and they become
susceptible to disease," he said.

Graves said that this year's flow in the Columbia River is among the
lowest in the last 60 years. But he said the system has experienced
similar low flows without the lethal water temperatures. He said the
difference this year has been prolonged hot temperatures, sometimes more
than 100 degrees, in the interior part of the basin.

"The flow is abnormally low, but on top of that we've had superhot
temperatures for a really long time," he said.

--
"A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny
gun ownership to the bourgeoisie." - - Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

http://globalgulag.us

Newb

Jul 27, 2015, 5:36:43 PM7/27/15
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 11:46:50 AM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
> Only after the last tree has been cut down.
> Only after the last river has been poisoned.
> Only after the last fish has been caught.
> Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.
>
> Cree Indian Prophecy

Chief Seattle wasn't a Cree. Chief Sealth was an asshole, a war monger, and a slave owner who didn't really give a shit about much including his people or his land. He didn't even fight for it, gave it all away. An appropriate legacy for the libtarded citidiots who occupy it today. The so called "Chief Seattle Speech" is unsubstantiated, adulterated, bullshit. Which is about all the Duwamish and Suquamish tribes have left.

> http://projects.registerguard.com/apf/ore/us-dying-salmon/

Yeah, salmon don't fare well when the water temps exceed 70+F. That happens when we get strong El Niño years. Exacerbates the algae problem in the Pacific Ocean too.

There's worse things to fear about the salmon you eat, 90% of it is farm raised, a third of that comes from Chile. Most grocers don't have a clue where that salmon in the meat display case came from... or the burger, or the sausage, etc.

Newb

D-FENS

Jul 27, 2015, 7:09:34 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 3:36 PM, Newb wrote:
> On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 11:46:50 AM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
>> Only after the last tree has been cut down.
>> Only after the last river has been poisoned.
>> Only after the last fish has been caught.
>> Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.
>>
>> Cree Indian Prophecy
>
> Chief Seattle wasn't a Cree. Chief Sealth was an asshole, a war monger, and a slave owner who didn't really give a shit about much including his people or his land. He didn't even fight for it, gave it all away. An appropriate legacy for the libtarded citidiots who occupy it today. The so called "Chief Seattle Speech" is unsubstantiated, adulterated, bullshit. Which is about all the Duwamish and Suquamish tribes have left.
>
>> http://projects.registerguard.com/apf/ore/us-dying-salmon/
>
> Yeah, salmon don't fare well when the water temps exceed 70+F. That happens when we get strong El Niño years. Exacerbates the algae problem in the Pacific Ocean too.
> There's worse things to fear about the salmon you eat, 90% of it is farm raised, a third of that comes from Chile. Most grocers don't have a clue where that salmon in the meat display case came from... or the burger, or the sausage, etc.
>
> Newb

Remember those Frankenfish GMO salmon that were given tomato genes so
they grew faster and . . . . Oops, maybe it was salmon genes put into
tomatoes so they wouldn't freeze. Anyway, I wonder if those genetically
modified salmon have brought death and destruction to the salmon
populations. I remember reading in chaos theory books that when the
fish populations go into wild gyrations then massive extinctions are the
final end of the story for those species.

I don't buy salmon here, where it goes for $25 for a salmon "cake"
suitable for one serving to one person. It's probably not really
salmon, anyway.

--
Putin: “Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon. The
pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board, and then struts

---

deep

Jul 27, 2015, 7:11:28 PM7/27/15
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:36:41 -0700 (PDT), Newb
<the1ando...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 11:46:50 AM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
>> Only after the last tree has been cut down.
>> Only after the last river has been poisoned.
>> Only after the last fish has been caught.
>> Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.
>>
>> Cree Indian Prophecy
>
>Chief Seattle wasn't a Cree. Chief Sealth was an asshole, a war monger,
> and a slave owner who didn't really give a shit about much including
>his people or his land. He didn't even fight for it, gave it all away.

And how well do you think that would have worked out for him if he had
fought for it? Looks like he was right about there never being
enough for the white man.

D-FENS

Jul 27, 2015, 9:56:27 PM7/27/15
On 7/27/2015 3:36 PM, Newb wrote:
> On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 11:46:50 AM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
>> >Only after the last tree has been cut down.
>> >Only after the last river has been poisoned.
>> >Only after the last fish has been caught.
>> >Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.
>> >
>> >Cree Indian Prophecy
>
> Chief Seattle wasn't a Cree. Chief Sealth was an asshole, a war monger, and a slave owner who didn't really give a shit about much including his people or his land. He didn't even fight for it, gave it all away. An appropriate legacy for the libtarded citidiots who occupy it today. The so called "Chief Seattle Speech" is unsubstantiated, adulterated, bullshit. Which is about all the Duwamish and Suquamish tribes have left.

Don't judge the content of the post by the Subject heading. ;<)))

Newb

Jul 28, 2015, 2:20:55 PM7/28/15
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 4:09:34 PM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
> On 7/27/2015 3:36 PM, Newb wrote:
> > On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 11:46:50 AM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
> >> Only after the last tree has been cut down.
> >> Only after the last river has been poisoned.
> >> Only after the last fish has been caught.
> >> Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.
> >>
> >> Cree Indian Prophecy
> >
> > Chief Seattle wasn't a Cree. Chief Sealth was an asshole, a war monger, and a slave owner who didn't really give a shit about much including his people or his land. He didn't even fight for it, gave it all away. An appropriate legacy for the libtarded citidiots who occupy it today. The so called "Chief Seattle Speech" is unsubstantiated, adulterated, bullshit. Which is about all the Duwamish and Suquamish tribes have left.
> >
> >> http://projects.registerguard.com/apf/ore/us-dying-salmon/
> >
> > Yeah, salmon don't fare well when the water temps exceed 70+F. That happens when we get strong El Niño years. Exacerbates the algae problem in the Pacific Ocean too.
> > There's worse things to fear about the salmon you eat, 90% of it is farm raised, a third of that comes from Chile. Most grocers don't have a clue where that salmon in the meat display case came from... or the burger, or the sausage, etc.
> >
> > Newb
> >

> Remember those Frankenfish GMO salmon that were given tomato genes so
> they grew faster and . . . . Oops, maybe it was salmon genes put into
> tomatoes so they wouldn't freeze. Anyway, I wonder if those genetically
> modified salmon have brought death and destruction to the salmon
> populations. I remember reading in chaos theory books that when the
> fish populations go into wild gyrations then massive extinctions are the
> final end of the story for those species.

Like anything in its infancy the early days of salmon farming had its share of Oops moments. And there are still some adverse symbiotic resultant side bars to it, but in the big picture salmon farming is here to stay. The "Sky is falling" predictions really never happened.

> I don't buy salmon here, where it goes for $25 for a salmon "cake"
> suitable for one serving to one person. It's probably not really
> salmon, anyway.

What, there isn't a natural salmon run in the Potholes - Grand Junction Co. Glade Park? Heh, heh, used to party up there back in the day, but I digress. Yeah, we're spoiled rotten here, all of our seafood is fresh caught. After the fishing industry decimated the King Crab in the Bering Sea we barged up a couple of surimi plants to Dutch Harbor and Adak to make fake crab out of bottom fish, mostly pollack. Like that shit, I'd never eat a mystery salmon cake either.

Newb

Newb

Jul 28, 2015, 2:21:41 PM7/28/15
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 4:11:28 PM UTC-7, deep wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:36:41 -0700 (PDT), Newb wrote:
>
> >On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 11:46:50 AM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
> >> Only after the last tree has been cut down.
> >> Only after the last river has been poisoned.
> >> Only after the last fish has been caught.
> >> Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.
> >>
> >> Cree Indian Prophecy
> >
> >Chief Seattle wasn't a Cree. Chief Sealth was an asshole, a war monger,
> > and a slave owner who didn't really give a shit about much including
> >his people or his land. He didn't even fight for it, gave it all away.
>
> And how well do you think that would have worked out for him if he had
> fought for it?

Every WA tribe that fought for it is listed here:
http://www.native-languages.org/washington.htm

And then there was Chief Sealth's tribe, the Duwamish... the ones not listed. They aren't recognized by the US government. According to the Bureau of Indian Affairs decision the tribe has gone extinct.

That's what can happen to people who surrender without even fighting. Sealth punked his people and their lands. Do I need to go get the big Crayola's out for you? The only one I'd need to draw Chief Sealth would be the yellow one.

Newb

Newb

Jul 28, 2015, 2:22:10 PM7/28/15
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 6:56:27 PM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:

> > Chief Seattle wasn't a Cree. Chief Sealth was an asshole, a war monger, and a slave owner who didn't really give a shit about much including his people or his land. He didn't even fight for it, gave it all away. An appropriate legacy for the libtarded citidiots who occupy it today. The so called "Chief Seattle Speech" is unsubstantiated, adulterated, bullshit. Which is about all the Duwamish and Suquamish tribes have left.
> >

> Don't judge the content of the post by the Subject heading. ;<)))

Gave me an opportunity to unfold a tale. One that connects the pussification of leaders from Chief Sealth to the current mayor of Seattle, both who were/are comfortable with giving away the farm. Sealth imploded the Duwamish tribe into extinction. Seattle's mayor, Ed Murray, is more than happy to allow sharia law for muslim communities on that same land that Sealth gave away.

Must be something in the water.

Newb

D-FENS

Jul 28, 2015, 3:11:06 PM7/28/15
There, I fixed the subject line. Did legalizing pot make the movers and
shakers in Seattle more libtardy?

Newb

Jul 28, 2015, 5:11:06 PM7/28/15
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 12:11:06 PM UTC-7, D-FENS wrote:
> On 7/28/2015 12:22 PM, Newb wrote:

> >> Don't judge the content of the post by the Subject heading. ;<)))
> >
> > Gave me an opportunity to unfold a tale. One that connects the pussification of leaders from Chief Sealth to the current mayor of Seattle, both who were/are comfortable with giving away the farm. Sealth imploded the Duwamish tribe into extinction. Seattle's mayor, Ed Murray, is more than happy to allow sharia law for muslim communities on that same land that Sealth gave away.
> >
> > Must be something in the water.
> >
> > Newb
> >

> There, I fixed the subject line. Did legalizing pot make the movers and
> shakers in Seattle more libtardy?

Impossible.

Stephen Hawking, in "A Brief History Of How Libtarded Seattle Is", stated: Seattle is an example of what we call Singularity Libtarded. Libtarded collapsed on itself so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed. Libtarded gotten so dense, that no intellect can escape kind of libtarded. It emits more libtard in one second, than the entire galaxy emits in a year.

I don't care what you put in a pipe to smoke, it's impenetrable to the libtarded shield that encases Seattle.

Hat tip to Brother Heek.

Newb