How many have a vegetable garden?

Nic

Oct 2, 2022, 4:07:35 PM10/2/22
Grow your own. 🥕

--
Pity the fool who followed his GPS over the cliff

Snag

Oct 2, 2022, 4:47:21 PM10/2/22
On 10/2/2022 3:07 PM, Nic wrote:
> Grow your own. 🥕

Extreme heat this summer burned mine - and most everybody I know - up
. It wasn't lack of water , I installed a drip system hooked to my well
and kept things well watered . I've got about 1600 sf fenced off to keep
the deer out . About a quarter of that is dedicated to the bees , a
quarter for blackberry and blueberries . The rest gets rotated with
tomatoes , beans , peppers , etc . Except the strawberry patch in the
corner .
--
Snag
"You can lead a dummy to facts

Nic

Oct 2, 2022, 4:51:09 PM10/2/22
On 10/2/22 4:42 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 10/2/2022 3:07 PM, Nic wrote:
>> Grow your own. 🥕
>>

>   Extreme heat this summer burned mine - and most everybody I know -
> up . It wasn't lack of water , I installed a drip system hooked to my
> well and kept things well watered . I've got about 1600 sf fenced off
> to keep the deer out . About a quarter of that is dedicated to the
> bees , a quarter for blackberry and blueberries . The rest gets
> rotated with tomatoes , beans , peppers , etc . Except the strawberry
> patch in the corner .

Maybe you got some bad seeds?

rbowman

Oct 2, 2022, 6:06:38 PM10/2/22
On 10/2/22 14:07, Nic wrote:
> Grow your own. 🥕

I think about it every year and then consider that it means war all
summer with deer, raccoons, and maybe even the damn skunks.

Hisler

Oct 2, 2022, 6:23:05 PM10/2/22
On 10/2/2022 2:42 PM, Snag wrote:
> Extreme heat this summer burned mine - and most everybody I know - up .
> It wasn't lack of water

The Ozone layer is far more depleted than the "authorities" are telling
the public. It's not just high temperature that is killing the stuff
you attempt to harvest in your garden -- it's also harmful UV radiation.
The only indication the "authorities" are giving people is the UV
index that one can observe on the Weather Channel / Weather Underground.
--
"Build Back Better means Destroy More Quickly."

"Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to
aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic
transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring
unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to
enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and
abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits
bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States
in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection
1324(a)(3)."

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter
fraud organization in the history of American politics." -Joe Biden

"C'mon man! If you didn't vote for me , you ain't black ." Joe Biden -

https://www.globalgulag.us

Nic

Oct 2, 2022, 7:16:58 PM10/2/22
Hisler <his...@nym.hush.com> wrote in news:thd306$1s3eu$1@dont-
email.me:

> On 10/2/2022 2:42 PM, Snag wrote:
>> Extreme heat this summer burned mine - and most everybody I know -
up
>> . It wasn't lack of water
>
> The Ozone layer is far more depleted than the "authorities" are
> telling the public. It's not just high temperature that is killing
> the stuff you attempt to harvest in your garden -- it's also harmful
> UV radiation.
> The only indication the "authorities" are giving people is the UV
> index that one can observe on the Weather Channel / Weather
> Underground.

How come the market has fresh produce? Is this what it means to be a
good consumer?

Snag

Oct 2, 2022, 8:32:37 PM10/2/22
Odds of that are vanishingly small , a wide range of seeds from
several sources . There were a lot of other people who had the same
results I got . The young (relatively speaking) woman who runs the local
co-op's garden center had the same results . Most of my seeds are saved
from years past and are acclimated to our area . We don't usually get
temps at/near/over 100°F for weeks on end ...

Snag

Oct 2, 2022, 8:42:23 PM10/2/22
A combination of 1" chicken wire and electric fencing does well for
me . I use 24" wide chicken wire with 6" turned flat to the ground on
the outside . That's topped with 3 strands of electric fencing wire (on
5 foot steel T posts). Bottom strand is just a couple of inches above
the chicken wire . Keeps bears out of the apiary too .

Hisler

Oct 2, 2022, 9:09:48 PM10/2/22
I was addressing your lamenting that the heat "this summer" burned your
plantings. UV radiation is another form of heat.

https://www.science.org/content/article/new-threat-ozone-layer-found