More Mayhem From Those "Safe" Lithium Batteries

68g.1509

Feb 18, 2024, 9:03:36 PMFeb 18
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13097815/Warehouse-storing-lithium-batteries-goes-flames-France-amid-growing-fears-dangers.html

A warehouse storing 900 tons of lithium batteries waiting
to be recycled went up in flames this afternoon, amid growing
fears over their dangers.

The fire in France occurred at a storehouse in the town in
Viviez in Aveyron, and residents were told to stay indoors
by authorities.

Locals were ordered to keep their doors and window closed
as the thick smoke engulfed the town. No injuries or deaths
were reported.

While the cause of the fire has yet to be confirmed, it
took 70 firefighters to get the flames under control.

Lithium batteries, found in e-scooters, are the fastest
growing fire risk in London, with the London Fire Brigade
called to an e-bike or scooter fire once every two days
on average last year.

. . .

Ah ... good ole slave-labor Chinese lithium batteries ....

They want you to have a couple e-cars parked in your
attached garage. Guess what happens at 3am ....

The batteries used in 'e-scooters' are especially
risky because the scoots favor fast charging over
saf(er) charging. Still, these batts were all
"used", a fraction of their original power left,
but it was still a huge fire.

Once lit, you really can't put out a lithium fire.
Anything with water in it just feeds the reaction
and it's hot enough to even pull apart certain
oil/plastic-like compounds. Only real fix is to
completely bury them with sand and JUST WAIT.
You don't actually "put them out", you just wait
until they've done all they're gonna do.

pothead

Feb 19, 2024, 7:04:59 PMFeb 19
The politicians tried to slip in a lithium battery factory across from a school but the people got
wind of it and that was the end of it.
The greasy politicians saw their chances for reelection going up in smoke so they cancelled the
deal.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

tesla sTinker ofm minim

Feb 19, 2024, 8:54:18 PMFeb 19

On 2/19/2024 4:04 PM, pothead scribbled:
Lithium is extremely toxic.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 19, 2024, 10:13:13 PMFeb 19
pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote in
New lithium battery factory in Arizona

https://tucson.com/news/local/business/tucson-economy-jobs-green-
battery/article_479ea306-6ecb-11ee-80b2-2b9b598fc646.html

New lithium battery factory in N Carolina

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/toyota-supercharges-north-
carolina-battery-plant-with-new-8-billion-investment-301972734.html

New lithium battery factory in S Carolina

https://www.wfae.org/energy-environment/2023-03-22/two-new-ev-battery-
related-plants-are-coming-to-south-carolina

New lithium battery factory in Utah

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/08/25/utah-company-build-lithium-
battery/

Unlike Trump shipping jobs to China, here
are factories making jobs in the US under Biden.

And you are complaining about that?

pothead

Feb 19, 2024, 11:09:04 PMFeb 19
On 2024-02-20, tesla sTinker ofm minim <seav...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2/19/2024 4:04 PM, pothead scribbled:
>> On 2024-02-19, 68g.1509<68g....@exr3.net> wrote:
>>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13097815/Warehouse-storing-lithium-batteries-goes-flames-France-amid-growing-fears-dangers.html
>>>
>>> A warehouse storing 900 tons of lithium batteries waiting
>>> to be recycled went up in flames this afternoon, amid growing
>>> fears over their dangers.
>>>https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/metro/nyc-spending-millions-to-clean-migrants-laundry/
Indeed.

I remember college chemistry and one of the 'fun' things to do was to drop a sample of lithium, or
sodium, into a beaker of water.
Yea, we were crazy back then :)

Wayne Autrey

Feb 20, 2024, 1:24:36 AMFeb 20
Fuck off, you stupid moronic shit. There are lithium-ion batteries in the smart
phones in the pockets or purses of *every goddamned fucking passenger* who
boards a commercial airliner. How many planes have been brought down by a
problem with a lithium-ion battery? *Zero*, you fucking cuntflaps.

68g.1509

Feb 20, 2024, 1:42:40 AMFeb 20
So much for their kickbacks ....

68g.1509

Feb 20, 2024, 1:50:21 AMFeb 20
Um ... not so "toxic" per-se ... looks at the dosages
of lithium compounds used to combat bipolar syndrome
However it's quite REACTIVE - not as much as sodium
or potassium, but still ....

The necessary design of the batteries is part of the
problem. VERY thin membranes separate the electrodes
and charge cycles cause little 'dendrites', pokey
things, to start to bridge that gap. Rapid/over-
charging just speeds up the process. They ARE trying
to suppress the dendrites, but so far nothing has
been up-scalable for industrial-scale production.

I just don't think lithium is The Answer no matter
how much they fuck with it - and they've been fucking
with it for a LONG time now.

Hey, I remember when Walter Cronkite swore that all
our cars would run on atomic batteries by now :-)

68g.1509

Feb 20, 2024, 1:53:25 AMFeb 20
One of my chem profs had a jar of contaminated potassium
chunks. After dark, some of us went to a lake and tossed
them in. WOW !!!

Lithium is the least reactive of that series, but it's
STILL reactive enough to create big problems.

pothead

Feb 20, 2024, 8:49:27 AMFeb 20
I can only imagine!

> Lithium is the least reactive of that series, but it's
> STILL reactive enough to create big problems.

Yep.
It's nasty stuff.

pothead

Feb 20, 2024, 8:50:09 AMFeb 20
On 2024-02-20, 68g.1509 <68g....@exr3.net> wrote:
Yep.

Governor Swill

Feb 20, 2024, 8:51:42 PMFeb 20
Of course they are! They run on returning manufacturing jobs only to see the Democrats
actually do it.

Like Reagan running on debt reduction before tripling the national debt and then Clinton
actually turning in surpluses.

Like getting Roe reversed and the GOP promptly losing the women's vote.

That's why Trump fears the Dems might actually fix the border issue.

He must be tired of winning all the time.

Swill
--
Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
- Paul Weyrich, co founder of Heritage Foundation and Moral Majority

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Governor Swill

Feb 20, 2024, 8:53:40 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 04:09:01 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>> Lithium is extremely toxic.
>
>Indeed.

That's why it's used as medication.

pothead

Feb 21, 2024, 4:26:36 PMFeb 21
On 2024-02-21, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 04:09:01 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
>>> Lithium is extremely toxic.
>>
>>Indeed.
>
> That's why it's used as medication.
>
> Swill

So is botulism.
AKA Botox.

When administered in the correct dosage all are safe.

Rudy Crayola

Feb 21, 2024, 4:39:59 PMFeb 21
On 2/20/2024 7:53 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 04:09:01 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
>>> Lithium is extremely toxic.
>>
>> Indeed.
>
> That's why it's used as medication.
>
> Swill

Sooo? That is what you have been snorting?