ChatGPT Goes Insane For Hours

68g.1509

Feb 21, 2024, 5:12:04 PMFeb 21
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240221-chatgpt-cranks-out-gibberish-for-hours

OpenAI did not explain what went awry with its generative
artificial intelligence (AI) tool, considered the one to
beat in the technology sector.

"We are investigating reports of unexpected responses
from ChatGPT," OpenAI said on its status website when
the software seemed to go wacky on Tuesday afternoon.

ChatGPT was giving "peculiar" responses, generating
nonexistent words, incomplete sentences and general
gobbledygook, developers using the tool said in a
discussion forum on the OpenAI website.

"It gives me meaningless words followed by a bizarre
list," one developer lamented in the forum.

"It feels as if my GPT is haunted or something has
been compromised, either on my end or at OpenAI's (end).".

. . .

And when this happens AFTER they wire it to all
the nuclear missiles and power plants and such ???