Over 1 million people without power, can't charge EV cars - paralysis.

Hawaii Moon

Dec 24, 2022, 5:00:19 AM12/24/22
Region Outages
New England 419,679
Mid-Atlantic 235,505
South East 74,503
South 34,683
Pacific 25,827
Great Lakes 18,811
Territories 4,169
MidWest 1,250
Mountain 133

https://poweroutage.us/area/regions

Looks like the Biden New England liberal assholes can't supply
electricity.

Mitchell Holman

Dec 24, 2022, 9:07:28 AM12/24/22
Hawaii Moon <ema...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:to6ijg$3lk89$1
@news.mixmin.net:
You do realize that gas
stations are useless without
electricity as well, no?

Kenny McCormack

Dec 24, 2022, 9:55:39 AM12/24/22
In article <XnsAF7751243F11A...@69.80.102.55>,
Mitchell Holman <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
> You do realize that gas
>stations are useless without
>electricity as well, no?

Not really.

Having lived through a few (longish) power outages, I can state that gas
stations somehow managed to keep open. They might be down for a little
while, but they manage to get back up (long before the general power comes
back on in the neighborhood).

I assume they must have backup generators at the ready.

The point is valid, though. A non-gas/EV-only future will be bleak in the
face of (inevitable) power outages. I've actually come to rely on the fact
that even if my power is out (so there's not much to do at home), at least
I can get in the car and drive somewhere.

--
Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a God superior to themselves.
Most Gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.

Unum

Dec 24, 2022, 3:14:09 PM12/24/22
On 12/24/2022 8:55 AM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <XnsAF7751243F11A...@69.80.102.55>,
> Mitchell Holman <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> You do realize that gas
>> stations are useless without
>> electricity as well, no?
>
> Not really.
>
> Having lived through a few (longish) power outages, I can state that gas
> stations somehow managed to keep open. They might be down for a little
> while, but they manage to get back up (long before the general power comes
> back on in the neighborhood).

Sure doesn't happen where I live.

> I assume they must have backup generators at the ready.

Probably not.

> The point is valid, though. A non-gas/EV-only future will be bleak in the
> face of (inevitable) power outages. I've actually come to rely on the fact
> that even if my power is out (so there's not much to do at home), at least
> I can get in the car and drive somewhere.

You can get in your EV and drive somewhere too, the batteries don't suddenly
run down just because you lose house power. And just like a gas vehicle, you
can drive to a place that does have electricity.

R Kym Horsell

Dec 24, 2022, 4:19:32 PM12/24/22
Where I live we "often" have storms blow up from the Antarctic and take
out power for minutes to hours. Even on stormy days the old rooftop
power keeps on chugging and I don't tend to even notice statewide outtages.

Happy to report the guy across the road -- who often used to come over
asking why the hell were my lights and TV on when his were out
on the other side of the road (there are only the 2 of us on this end
of the road) -- has FINALLY managed to figure out what the PV panels
on the back of my house mean and has installed himself a slew of them as well.

--
Social media solves the Fermi Paradox every day.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2022, 11:31:26 PM12/24/22
Damn! That means I can't go anywhere in the car because the gas
station pumps won't work!

Swill
--
"Instead of building a wall or sending CBP agents to the border, why doesn’t
the @gop send thoughts and prayers? It works so well for Mass Shootings

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2022, 12:38:32 AM12/25/22
On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:55:38 -0000 (UTC), gaz...@shell.xmission.com
(Kenny McCormack) wrote:

>In article <XnsAF7751243F11A...@69.80.102.55>,
>Mitchell Holman <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> You do realize that gas
>>stations are useless without
>>electricity as well, no?
>
>Not really.
>
>Having lived through a few (longish) power outages, I can state that gas
>stations somehow managed to keep open. They might be down for a little
>while, but they manage to get back up (long before the general power comes
>back on in the neighborhood).

I don't believe you.

>I assume they must have backup generators at the ready.

Having worked for decades in the industry, I have never seen a filling
station with a backup generator.

>The point is valid, though. A non-gas/EV-only future will be bleak in the
>face of (inevitable) power outages.

Why? Your EV "fills up" in your driveway every night. Do you fill up
your ICE every day?

>I've actually come to rely on the fact
>that even if my power is out (so there's not much to do at home), at least
>I can get in the car and drive somewhere.

You can do that with an EV as well since they store up to 400 miles
worth of "fuel". In fact, you're more likely to be able to drive
farther since your EV is always full; your gas tank is not.

NoBody

Dec 25, 2022, 9:43:51 AM12/25/22
On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 00:35:16 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:55:38 -0000 (UTC), gaz...@shell.xmission.com
>(Kenny McCormack) wrote:
>
>>In article <XnsAF7751243F11A...@69.80.102.55>,
>>Mitchell Holman <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>> You do realize that gas
>>>stations are useless without
>>>electricity as well, no?
>>
>>Not really.
>>
>>Having lived through a few (longish) power outages, I can state that gas
>>stations somehow managed to keep open. They might be down for a little
>>while, but they manage to get back up (long before the general power comes
>>back on in the neighborhood).
>
>I don't believe you.

Because it goes against your narrative?

>>I assume they must have backup generators at the ready.
>
>Having worked for decades in the industry, I have never seen a filling
>station with a backup generator.

Sigh.

"Service centers on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway
did not experience an interruption because of the storm. Four stations
— three on the turnpike, one on the parkway — are operating on backup
power from generators, said New Jersey Turnpike Authority spokesman
Tom Feeney."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/transportation/2020/08/05/more-generators-means-more-lines-gas-stations-during-isaias-outages/3300973001/

NEVER!....

>>The point is valid, though. A non-gas/EV-only future will be bleak in the
>>face of (inevitable) power outages.
>
>Why? Your EV "fills up" in your driveway every night. Do you fill up
>your ICE every day?

We don't need to because gas doesn't lose its range by just sitting.
EV's however...

"EVs lose charge when parked. However, the power loss is relatively
minimal. If the electric vehicle hasn’t been parked for too long a
period, the amount of charge lost shouldn’t affect the driver’s
ability to, later on, get to their destination. Despite low leakage
levels, many EV owners wonder why this has to happen at all."

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/long-can-electric-vehicle-sit-without-being-charged-driven/

Granted the rate of loss is slow but it is very real.

>>I've actually come to rely on the fact
>>that even if my power is out (so there's not much to do at home), at least
>>I can get in the car and drive somewhere.
>
>You can do that with an EV as well since they store up to 400 miles
>worth of "fuel". In fact, you're more likely to be able to drive
>farther since your EV is always full; your gas tank is not.

Sigh...

The average range in 2021 was 217 miles on a charge.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/visualizing-the-range-of-electric-cars-vs-gas-powered-cars/

That "up to" does not represent real world range.

And oh look at the power loss in the cold:

"Cold temperatures do affect electric vehicles and steal some of their
range. The amount of range lost depends on many factors such as the
car itself, its potential range in normal weather, and whether the
heat is on. According to AAA’s “Cold Weather Can Cut Electric Car
Range by Over 40%”, EVs often lose 12% of their range in cold weather,
but the loss leaps to 41% with the heater on full blast."

https://blinkcharging.com/is-a-cold-climate-a-deterrent-to-ev-ownership/?locale=en

Yeah this is a great idea...

>Swill

NoBody

Dec 25, 2022, 10:18:51 AM12/25/22
On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 23:28:10 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 10:00:17 -0000 (UTC), Hawaii Moon wrote:
>
>>Region Outages
>>New England 419,679
>>Mid-Atlantic 235,505
>>South East 74,503
>>South 34,683
>>Pacific 25,827
>>Great Lakes 18,811
>>Territories 4,169
>>MidWest 1,250
>>Mountain 133
>>
>>https://poweroutage.us/area/regions
>>
>>Looks like the Biden New England liberal assholes can't supply
>>electricity.
>
>Damn! That means I can't go anywhere in the car because the gas
>station pumps won't work!
>
>Swill

I can drive up to 350 miles if needed. Which electric cars can do
that?

Klaus Schadenfreude

Dec 25, 2022, 10:40:08 AM12/25/22
2022 Tesla Model X: 348 Miles
2022 Mercedes EQS: 350 Miles
2022 Tesla Model 3: 358 Miles
2022 Tesla Model S: 405 Miles
2022 Lucid Air: 520 Miles

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2022, 11:31:37 AM12/25/22
On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 07:40:06 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:18:49 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>>Damn! That means I can't go anywhere in the car because the gas
>>>station pumps won't work!

>>I can drive up to 350 miles if needed. Which electric cars can do
>>that?

>2022 Tesla Model X: 348 Miles
>2022 Mercedes EQS: 350 Miles
>2022 Tesla Model 3: 358 Miles
>2022 Tesla Model S: 405 Miles
>2022 Lucid Air: 520 Miles

Hm . . . are you sure those numbers aren't kilometers?

rbowman

Dec 25, 2022, 3:57:07 PM12/25/22
On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 07:40:06 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

> 2022 Tesla Model X: 348 Miles 2022 Mercedes EQS: 350 Miles

I suppose you should get something for your $150,000...

Salty Stan

Dec 26, 2022, 1:03:39 AM12/26/22
On 12/25/2022 6:43 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 00:35:16 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:55:38 -0000 (UTC), gaz...@shell.xmission.com
>> (Kenny McCormack) wrote:

>>> Not really.
>>>
>>> Having lived through a few (longish) power outages, I can state that gas
>>> stations somehow managed to keep open. They might be down for a little
>>> while, but they manage to get back up (long before the general power comes
>>> back on in the neighborhood).
>>
>> I don't believe you.
>
> Because it goes against your narrative?

No — because you have a long-established reputation as a congenital liar.

NoBody

Dec 26, 2022, 10:20:57 AM12/26/22
On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 07:40:06 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude
Is that maximum range or average range? What happens to the range
when you run the heater at full blast in the winter?

Frank

Dec 26, 2022, 12:24:49 PM12/26/22
They are max. Range obviously less in winter as batteries not as
efficient and heater also uses power. Range also not as far at high
speeds. Also I understand keeping batteries at full charge all the time
limits battery lifetime.

Other day, with just cold here, we were told to conserve electricity and
turn our heaters down to what we could tolerate.

Scout

Dec 27, 2022, 10:20:50 AM12/27/22

"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
I can do over 1,000 miles on a single tank if needed.. No extended tanks, No
auxiliary tanks, just the stock 14.5 gallon tank from the manufacturer.

Virginia to Florida.. 850 miles, non-stop and I still had 3/16th of a tank
and I wasn't even trying to converse fuel.

I know there is no electric car that can keep up with doing 78 mph over that
distance.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2022, 12:09:05 PM12/27/22
On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:18:49 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 23:28:10 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 10:00:17 -0000 (UTC), Hawaii Moon wrote:
>>
>>>Region Outages
>>>New England 419,679
>>>Mid-Atlantic 235,505
>>>South East 74,503
>>>South 34,683
>>>Pacific 25,827
>>>Great Lakes 18,811
>>>Territories 4,169
>>>MidWest 1,250
>>>Mountain 133
>>>
>>>https://poweroutage.us/area/regions
>>>
>>>Looks like the Biden New England liberal assholes can't supply
>>>electricity.
>>
>>Damn! That means I can't go anywhere in the car because the gas
>>station pumps won't work!

>I can drive up to 350 miles if needed.

On a quarter tank of gas?

>Which electric cars can do that?

Lucid Air Dream Edition R 411M
Lucid Air Grand Touring 399M
Lucid Air Dream Edition P 387M
Mercedes EQS 450+ 384M
Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC 369M
Mercedes EQS 500 4MATIC 363M

https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car
Range is quoted in km. To get miles, mulitply km by .6.

Nic

Dec 27, 2022, 12:19:31 PM12/27/22
https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/most-popular-cars-furthest-tank-fuel/https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/most-popular-cars-furthest-tank-fuel/

What popular car goes the furthest on a tank of fuel?

*#* *Car Make* *Distance Travelled (miles)* *Tank Size (L)* *Cost to
Fill Tank (GBP)*
*1* Ford Focus 1,112.69 52 £66.75
*2* VW Golf 1,046.12 55 £70.40
*3* Audi A3 1,046.12 55 £70.40
*4* BMW 3 Series 1,014.42 60 £76.80
*5* Vauxhall Astra 874.94 48 £61.44
*6* Renault Clio 855.92 45 £57.60
*7* Ford Fiesta 821.05 42 £53.76
*8* VW Polo 803.08 40 £51.20
*9* Mini 639.30 44 £56.32
*10* Vauxhall Corsa 606.28 45 £57.60

NoBody

Dec 28, 2022, 7:04:21 AM12/28/22
On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:05:47 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:18:49 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>>Damn! That means I can't go anywhere in the car because the gas
>>>station pumps won't work!
>
>>I can drive up to 350 miles if needed.
>
>On a quarter tank of gas?

Goalpost move noted. Please adjust your range below to 1/4 charge.

>>Which electric cars can do that?
>
>Lucid Air Dream Edition R 411M
>Lucid Air Grand Touring 399M
>Lucid Air Dream Edition P 387M
>Mercedes EQS 450+ 384M
>Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC 369M
>Mercedes EQS 500 4MATIC 363M
>
>https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car
>Range is quoted in km. To get miles, mulitply km by .6.
>
>Swill

So no, EV's can't go as far as ICE cars. You haven't done anything to
advance your argument here.

Scout

Dec 28, 2022, 10:04:25 AM12/28/22

"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
Yes, and who can afford to replace a $25,000 car with an $88,000 car... to
get what they already have?

Further in 10 years the $88,000 is likely to be scrap or nearly being
scrapped, while the $25,000 is only half way through it's lifespan.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 10:06:03 AM12/28/22
On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 09:16:58 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote

>>>Damn! That means I can't go anywhere in the car because the gas
>>>station pumps won't work!
>>>
>>>Swill
>>
>> I can drive up to 350 miles if needed. Which electric cars can do
>> that?
>
>I can do over 1,000 miles on a single tank if needed.. No extended tanks, No
>auxiliary tanks, just the stock 14.5 gallon tank from the manufacturer.

Driving what and at what speed in order to get that 68+mpg?

>Virginia to Florida.. 850 miles, non-stop and I still had 3/16th of a tank
>and I wasn't even trying to converse fuel.

Drove non stop for 11+ hours? And got 71mpg?

>I know there is no electric car that can keep up with doing 78 mph over that
>distance.

How long did it take you to drive that 850 miles?

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 10:10:07 AM12/28/22
At 78 mph. I used to have a Focus. It won't do 85mpg at highway
speeds therefore there is something unknown in the above claimed data.

Alan Brand

Dec 28, 2022, 10:36:00 AM12/28/22
On 12/28/2022 4:04 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:05:47 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I can drive up to 350 miles if needed.
>>
>> On a quarter tank of gas?
>
> Goalpost move noted.

Not at all. You said you can drive up to 350 miles on a tank of gas. You can't
do that if you have only a quarter tank of gas and the gas station pumps aren't
working.

Why do you tell such ridiculous fucking lies?

>>> Which electric cars can do that?
>>
>> Lucid Air Dream Edition R 411M
>> Lucid Air Grand Touring 399M
>> Lucid Air Dream Edition P 387M
>> Mercedes EQS 450+ 384M
>> Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC 369M
>> Mercedes EQS 500 4MATIC 363M
>>
>> https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car
>> Range is quoted in km. To get miles, mulitply km by .6.
>>
>> Swill
>
> So no, EV's [sic] can't go as far as ICE cars.

Some *EVs* can go quite a bit farther than many ICE vehicles.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Dec 28, 2022, 10:36:06 AM12/28/22
Red herring, scooter.

Byker

Dec 28, 2022, 10:55:05 AM12/28/22
On 12/28/2022 4:04 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:05:47 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I can drive up to 350 miles if needed.
>>
>> On a quarter tank of gas?
>
> Goalpost move noted.

Whine on, you fucking childish liar.

There is little that is more fun in Usenet than making Bit of Nothingness /
Kremlin Girl sputter in impotent rage over my posts, then lie and claim she
"knew all along" that it was me. No, she *never* knows it's me — not when I get
her responding eight or nine times. If she knows it's me, she immediately — and
*childishly*, of course — flounces her skirt and kill-files me.

Every one of the all-day right-wingnut time-wasters is a retired fuckwit and
useless eater. Is this really the best use of their time?

Rudy Canoza

Dec 28, 2022, 11:21:33 AM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:36:05 -0800, an incel dwarf wrote:

>Red herring, scooter.

That's what my breath smells like after a long Jolly Kone Parking Lot
session!

Bring Your Cock To the Jolly Kone!!!
It's The Central Valley's Fellatio Zone!
If You're On The Left or On The Right
I'll Suck Your Cock and I Won't Bite!
I'll Make You Cum and I'll Make you Moan!
Rudy Canoza Will Make Sure You Get Blown!
On Your Cock My Skills I'll Hone!
My Expertise Is Quite Well Known!
That Talent, You Know, Is Unconcealed!
I've Sucked Every Cock In Bakersfield!
Watch Me Work That Hardened Bone!
I'm Right On Top Of The Skull Fuck Throne™!

Klaus Schadenfreude

Dec 28, 2022, 11:22:51 AM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:55:04 -0800, Rudy forged:

>No, she *never* knows it's me — not when I get
>her responding eight or nine times.

Everyone knows when it's you, nitwit.

LOL

K Wills

Dec 28, 2022, 11:50:31 AM12/28/22
Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bring Your Cock To the Jolly Kone!!!
> It's The Central Valley's Fellatio Zone!
> If You're On The Left or On The Right
> I'll Suck Your Cock and I Won't Bite!
> I'll Make You Cum and I'll Make you Moan!
> Klaus Will Make Sure You Get Blown!
> On Your Cock My Skills I'll Hone!
> My Expertise Is Quite Well Known!
> That Talent, You Know, Is Unconcealed!
> I've Sucked Every Cock In Bakersfield!
> Watch Me Work That Hardened Bone!
> I'm Right On Top Of The Skull Fuck Throne?!

STFU, faggot.

--

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 2:13:25 PM12/28/22
On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:19:29 -0500, Nic <N...@none.net> wrote:

Hold on. Something about this list smells like a dirty barn on a hot
summer day.

These are European cars *not* for sale in the US and only one of them
gets anywhere near the mpg claimed in this article.
Some Euro models have engines as small as 1L (60 ci) which you will
not find in the US except as a hybrid generator.

There were two comments as follows.

Austin Johnston July 30, 2020 At 3:26 am
This article is 100% wrong.
The focus has a 13 gallon tank sure, but does not get 80 MPG!!!
What are you smoking editor? it would take 30 gallons of fuel to go
1000 miles for the focus…
Does anyone else see the stupidity in this article?

Andy May 8, 2021 At 7:20 pm
Yeah this article is nonsense. Based on UK specs, the ford focus gets
644 miles for petrol and 693 miles for diesel.

So stuff it up your ass, Nic. Below I've added the fuel tank size in
gallons and the mpg that would be needed to achieve these dubious
claims.

><https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/most-popular-cars-furthest-tank-fuel/https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/most-popular-cars-furthest-tank-fuel/>
>

> What popular car goes the furthest on a tank of fuel?
>
>*#* *Car Make* *Distance Travelled (miles)* *Tank Size (L)* *Cost to
>Fill Tank (GBP)*
>*1* Ford Focus 1,112.69 52 £66.75
Tank 13 85 mpg There are no 85 mpg Focuses in the US OR Europe.
Currently, the best mpg Focus is the Zetec 1.0L EcoBoost which gets
54.64 MPG but that model isn't sold in the US.
<https://www.tch.co.uk/advice-centre/ford-models/ford-focus/ford-focus-road-costs/ford-focus-petrol-fuel-consumption/>
>*2* VW Golf 1,046.12 55 £70.40
Tank 11 96 mpg Really? A hundred miles per gallon in a gasoline
fueled ICE? Pull the other one.
>*3* Audi A3 1,046.12 55 £70.40
Tank 11 96 mpg Audi says it gets 32 mpg
https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/models/a3/a3/2023/overview.html
>*4* BMW 3 Series 1,014.42 60 £76.80
Tank 15 68 mpg The three series comes in a dozen variants, none
of which get 68 mpg. The base 330i gets 30mpg
>*5* Vauxhall Astra 874.94 48 £61.44
Tank 12 81 mpg A Vauxhall? GM has never sold a Vauxhall in the US
and their best mpg car is the Astra 1.3L CDTi ecoFLEX with start/stop
which gets 53.3
>*6* Renault Clio 855.92 45 £57.60
Tank 11.25 mpg There hasn't been a Renault sold in the US in
decades. The last was the Alliance back when they bought out AMC. The
current1.2L Clio gets 50 mpg
>*7* Ford Fiesta 821.05 42 £53.76
Tank 10.5 78 mpg Note: The Fiesta is smaller than the Focus and
uses a smaller engine but this bullshit article claims the Focus gets
better mpg.
>*8* VW Polo 803.08 40 £51.20
Tank 10 80 mpg The Diesel version had the best mpg in Europe at
about 70 when the fourth generation debuted 13 years ago with a 1L
diesel. The current Polo gets less than 30mpg with the small diesel.
<https://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/polo>
>*9* Mini 639.30 44 £56.32
Tank 11 58 mpg There are lots of Mini models but the brand is no
longer thought of as a champion gas sipper. The best mpg Mini gets
only 38 mpg highway and they all require Premium fuel.
https://www.mpgomatic.com/mini/
>*10* Vauxhall Corsa 606.28 45 £57.60
Tank 10.25 59 mpg The smallest 3 cyl petrol gets 58 mpg.

The top ten best MPG cars in Europe are all EV or petrol Hybrid with
Atkinson cycle engines which are FAR more efficient than the Otto
cycle we're used to or are diesel Hybrids. Not one of them, NOT ONE
is a petrol or diesel only vehicle.
<https://www.cinch.co.uk/guides/choosing-a-car/10-of-the-most-fuel-efficient-cars-to-buy-in-2022>

Focus in standard US trim.
Its standard 2.0L engine will get an EPA-estimated 25 city/34 highway
mpg.
https://getjerry.com/questions/does-the-ford-focus-have-good-gas-mileage

That's a long way from 85 mpg.

Bear in mind European cars will always have better mileage models than
the US because over there, annual tag fees are based on car weight and
engine size. That's why so many Euro citicars have engines little
bigger than motorcycle ones with as few as 3 cylinders.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 2:16:43 PM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:04:18 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:05:47 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>>>I can drive up to 350 miles if needed.
>>
>>On a quarter tank of gas?
>
>Goalpost move noted. Please adjust your range below to 1/4 charge.

You completely missed the point, Dumbo. Your EV fills up every night
after you get home. Do you stop at the gas station and top off every
day? No? Then your ICE is handicapped by the fact that it doesn't
usually have a full tank.

>>>Which electric cars can do that?
>>
>>Lucid Air Dream Edition R 411M
>>Lucid Air Grand Touring 399M
>>Lucid Air Dream Edition P 387M
>>Mercedes EQS 450+ 384M
>>Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC 369M
>>Mercedes EQS 500 4MATIC 363M
>>
>>https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car
>>Range is quoted in km. To get miles, mulitply km by .6.

>So no, EV's can't go as far as ICE cars. You haven't done anything to
>advance your argument here.

How many miles do you drive in a day? 20? 50? That's six days worth
of fuel. If the power stays out for over six days you've got worse
troubles than the state of your fuel tank.

>You haven't done anything to
>advance your argument here.

And you haven't done anything to prove you're not a moron.

Proton Pump

Dec 28, 2022, 3:08:58 PM12/28/22
On 12/28/2022 7:06 AM, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>> *#* *Car Make* *Distance Travelled (miles)* *Tank Size (L)* *Cost to
>> Fill Tank (GBP)*
>> *1* Ford Focus 1,112.69 52 £66.75
>> *2* VW Golf 1,046.12 55 £70.40
>> *3* Audi A3 1,046.12 55 £70.40
>> *4* BMW 3 Series 1,014.42 60 £76.80
>> *5* Vauxhall Astra 874.94 48 £61.44
>> *6* Renault Clio 855.92 45 £57.60
>> *7* Ford Fiesta 821.05 42 £53.76
>> *8* VW Polo 803.08 40 £51.20
>> *9* Mini 639.30 44 £56.32
>> *10* Vauxhall Corsa 606.28 45 £57.60
>
> At 78 mph. I used to have a Focus. It won't do 85mpg at highway
> speeds therefore there is something unknown in the above claimed data.

That list was obviously compiled in the UK. The last Vauxhall (Opel)
equivalents in the USA were under the Saturn badge, and GM killed
that brand off nearly a decade and a half ago, and also ditched Opel
and Vauxhall, selling them off to France's PSA. Renaults haven't
been sold in the USA for years, and VW never marketed the Polo here.

The VW Lupo 3L TDI from 22 years ago still holds a sort of freakish
mileage record for a fuel-only car: nearly 80mpg, but diesel only,
and we know all about VW and "clean burning" diesel, don't we?

Scout

Dec 28, 2022, 3:11:28 PM12/28/22

"Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
Cite.

Scout

Dec 28, 2022, 6:21:49 PM12/28/22

"Proton Pump" <in....@it.or> wrote in message
Actually it is usually quite clean.. just not quite clean enough to
eliminate the DEF system as they did.

Meanwhile the primary pollution is nitroxide (NO) which contributes to smog,
but given it's been almost 20 years since any US city had a smog day,
probably not much of a problem. Further nitroxide is a fertilizer which
contributes to plant growth and thus helps sink atmospheric carbon
emissions. Finally at MPGs well into the high 40s to mid 50s you have so
much few emissions.

Meanwhile, what are the hidden emissions/pollution of electric cars.. the
industry has been very silent in respect to such matters, and all they want
to talk about is what is produced once the car is build but before it goes
to the scrap yard.

After all, so many key elements for EVs are mined in 3rd world nations with
little or no emission or pollution standards, and we still have issues of
what to do with the car once it's reached the end of it's life. Which
electric vehicles will do much more often than conventional cars do.

I just wish we could allow the market and the consumers to decide this..
without government interference. If EVs are truly superior, then they will
sell.. if not we're simply being given the shaft by the government thinking
they know what is best.. when really they don't.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 6:34:23 PM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:08:57 -0800, Proton Pump <in....@it.or> wrote:

>That list was obviously compiled in the UK. The last Vauxhall (Opel)
>equivalents in the USA were under the Saturn badge, and GM killed
>that brand off nearly a decade and a half ago, and also ditched Opel
>and Vauxhall, selling them off to France's PSA. Renaults haven't
>been sold in the USA for years, and VW never marketed the Polo here.
>
>The VW Lupo 3L TDI from 22 years ago still holds a sort of freakish
>mileage record for a fuel-only car: nearly 80mpg, but diesel only,
>and we know all about VW and "clean burning" diesel, don't we?

IIRC, that Lupo was a 1.2L 3 cylinder diesel but I could be wrong.

One thing I certainly missed was that in writing in another post about
the Polo, I had the Lupo in mind. So accept this as a correction of
that other post.

Certainly the specific models and years weren't included in that
table. You caught it with your detailing above of Vauxhall/Opel and
PSA as well as this being a UK list. Also, the Polo was never an 80
mpg car. Yes,some of the models in that table were literally decades
old. It's pretty clear that list/table is essentially a big ol' pile
of bull dung and that was noted in the site's comments section by
readers of the article.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 6:36:31 PM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 14:10:07 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>>*8* VW Polo 803.08 40 £51.20
>Tank 10 80 mpg The Diesel version had the best mpg in Europe at
>about 70 when the fourth generation debuted 13 years ago with a 1L
>diesel. The current Polo gets less than 30mpg with the small diesel.

When I wrote this I had the Lupo in mind. The Polo was never a high
mileage citicar and including the enormously fat Golf in a high mpg
list has to be put down to some serious ignorance of the auto
industry.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 6:38:50 PM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 10:02:07 -0500, "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>Yes, and who can afford to replace a $25,000 car with an $88,000 car... to
>get what they already have?
>
>Further in 10 years the $88,000 is likely to be scrap or nearly being
>scrapped, while the $25,000 is only half way through it's lifespan.

So tell us, what make/model car did you drive from Virginia to Florida
on less than 12 gallons of gas?

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 6:40:46 PM12/28/22
Indeed. By directing the cost of gasoline no longer bought to the
payments, lots of folks can afford to buy EV. If only wealthy people
could afford electrics, charging stations wouldn't be showing up at
Walmart.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 6:52:34 PM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:09:38 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>"Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote
>>> Goalpost move noted.

>> Not at all. You said you can drive up to 350 miles on a tank of gas. You
>> can't do that if you have only a quarter tank of gas and the gas station
>> pumps aren't working.

Um, this is the same guy who claimed he went from Virginia to Florida
on less than 12 gallons of gas so I think your 350 miles sells him
short.

>> Why do you tell such ridiculous fucking lies?

>>> So no, EV's [sic] can't go as far as ICE cars.
>>
>> Some *EVs* can go quite a bit farther than many ICE vehicles.
>
>Cite.

2021 model year vehicles:

BEVs
Median: 234 miles (377 km)
Maximum: 405 miles (652 km)
Gasoline vehicles
Median: 403 miles (648 km)
Maximum: 765 miles (1,231 km)

The difference between the medians is 169 miles (272 km), which means
that gasoline vehicles have about a 72% higher median. In the case of
the maximum value, the difference is 360 miles (579 km) or 89% more.

That's quite a significant disproportion, but we know that already
this year, the 2022 Lucid Air with 520 miles (837 km) of EPA range
will significantly improve the BEVs' maximum value.

It's an open question how well the median will increase, but we guess
that over the next few years, the median will move towards 250 miles
and beyond - maybe even to 300 miles at some point in the future.
https://insideevs.com/news/561634/us-median-range-gasoline-bevs/

So yes, *some* BEVs have a greater range than *some* ICEs and BEV
range is rising rapidly every year.

Next time gas hits $5 a gallon, and it will, you'll be wanting to
trade in that gas guzzler for a faster car with better road holding,
more interior and trunk room that costs about $20 a month to fuel.

Swill
--
Where exactly can you find why I am obligated to answer any question,
much less yours? - Scout

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2022, 6:53:34 PM12/28/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:55:04 -0800, Byker <bytcher@do~rag.net> wrote:

>Every one of the all-day right-wingnut time-wasters is a retired fuckwit and
>useless eater. Is this really the best use of their time?

Ruby, if you'll stop posting crap, I'll let you suck me off again.

NoBody

Dec 29, 2022, 7:02:22 AM12/29/22
Faulty logic (again). Electric isn't free. Buyers will not be saving
money as they have to purchase the electricity. So can you address
the question of how someone will be able to buy a car that costs three
times the current cost?

NoBody

Dec 29, 2022, 7:04:21 AM12/29/22
I didn't say anything about 1/4 tank of gas fool. If you can't
address what was said, just let me know.

>>> Lucid Air Dream Edition R 411M
>>> Lucid Air Grand Touring 399M
>>> Lucid Air Dream Edition P 387M
>>> Mercedes EQS 450+ 384M
>>> Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC 369M
>>> Mercedes EQS 500 4MATIC 363M
>>>
>>> https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car
>>> Range is quoted in km. To get miles, mulitply km by .6.
>>>
>>> Swill
>>
>> So no, EV's [sic] can't go as far as ICE cars.
>
>Some *EVs* can go quite a bit farther than many ICE vehicles.

Great job watering down that sentence!

NoBody

Dec 29, 2022, 7:07:28 AM12/29/22
Indeed. The best to lead Rudely on is to give him intermittent
reinforcement.

>LOL

NoBody

Dec 29, 2022, 7:12:37 AM12/29/22
So now you're admitting the handicap that EV's have. If you don't
charge them EVERY NIGHT good luck getting range. Silly me thinking
the point of EV's was about efficiency and saving the environment.
There's nothing efficent about being forced to charge every night. The
range between fill ups of my car is unchanged, whether I use it or
not.

>>>Lucid Air Dream Edition R 411M
>>>Lucid Air Grand Touring 399M
>>>Lucid Air Dream Edition P 387M
>>>Mercedes EQS 450+ 384M
>>>Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC 369M
>>>Mercedes EQS 500 4MATIC 363M
>>>
>>>https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car
>>>Range is quoted in km. To get miles, mulitply km by .6.
>
>>So no, EV's can't go as far as ICE cars. You haven't done anything to
>>advance your argument here.
>
>How many miles do you drive in a day? 20? 50? That's six days worth
>of fuel. If the power stays out for over six days you've got worse
>troubles than the state of your fuel tank.

At least I'll be able to go elsewhere to get gas where the EV is dead
in the water. Oh and you never addressed losing 40% of your EV range
by having the luxury of heat in the winter.

>>You haven't done anything to
>>advance your argument here.
>
>And you haven't done anything to prove you're not a moron.

I have to drag out the irony bell for you.

>Swill

Frank

Dec 29, 2022, 8:04:45 AM12/29/22
Electricity at charging stations costs about three times what you pay at
home. Those giving it free like maybe a car dealer are trying to suck
you in.

EV's should also no longer be subsidized with tax breaks. When the
government subsidizes the producers just raise the price. HVAC guy told
me this was happening with heat pumps currently.

Scout

Dec 29, 2022, 9:10:44 AM12/29/22

"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
Does Rudy have any idea of how much gas you can buy with $63,000?
Then, there is the issue of interest. I mean most people don't have $88,000
just laying around, so you're going to pay a lot more in interest.
Further since the car is being financed you're probably going to have to
carry full insurance on the car, and given the value of the car that means a
LOT more in insurance payments.
Next, we have the high probability of the EV being totaled if the battery
pack is damaged even slightly.. which means the probability of high payouts
increases when means insurance premiums will also increase.
Finally, An EV is only going to last about 11 years, which means your
trade-in value is going to be far lower than that of an ICE which typically
lasts 23 years.

You're not going to save enough on gas to pay for all those extra expenses
unless you do a LOT of driving.. which EVs aren't really great for given
their limited range... and the fact that the battery pack can only be cycled
so many times which means your car will go to the scrap yard that much
sooner.

Of course, Rudy never looks at these things because he only looks at the
very surface of the issue (ie sound bite) and even then doesn't consider the
ramifications.
Even if gasoline was $10/gal you could drive over 200,000 miles at the
typical 32mpg cars get just from the price difference in the cars.

In short.. the increased price alone would NEVER justify itself in fuel
savings... that's even if we assume massively expensive gas and charging is
free.

This is why green energy is and will continue to be a scam.. those pushing
it can't even run the numbers to see how they are being lied to.

Scout

Dec 29, 2022, 9:10:45 AM12/29/22

"Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
Sure he could. They have these things called "gas cans" which store gasoline
for later use. It you are really concerned you can even get a tank that can
run anywhere from 50 gallons to several thousand, though the typical one is
250 gallons.

So yea, he can have emergency fuel on hand if he things there is even the
slightest risks the power will go out.

> Why do you tell such ridiculous fucking lies?

Why do you?

Scout

Dec 29, 2022, 9:10:45 AM12/29/22

"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
But even with half a tank you probably have more range than a fully charged
EV, and gas cans/tanks are cheap and allow you to store lots of fuel. Just
ask any real farmer.. I bet you don't often see a tractor pulling in to a
gas station to fill up.

> So now you're admitting the handicap that EV's have. If you don't
> charge them EVERY NIGHT good luck getting range. Silly me thinking
> the point of EV's was about efficiency and saving the environment.

You were silly if you think an EV is good for the environment, and they are
efficient.

Just look at how much power is lost between generation and the work actually
done by your EV.

Then we have to consider how much pollution is produced to even build your
EV. I mean so much of it depends on mining in 3rd world countries that have
little or no pollution controls, most of the equipment is unregulared diesel
powered using high sulfur fuel, and that's even before we discussion the
air, water, and soil pollution that occurs.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/12/211217113232.htm#:~:text=Waste%20generated%20from%20mining%20cobalt,respiratory%20and%20reproductive%20health%20issues.

pothead

Dec 29, 2022, 9:42:15 AM12/29/22
On 2022-12-29, Scout <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

> "NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
Good post. The greeniacs are literally bringing this country to it's knees. I'm all for green
energy but it should be a choice and a government mandate.
This country runs on fossil fuels and so does our military. And we have enough to be mined for the
next 200 years.
We could once again become energy independent and at the same time help out our EU partners who
made the serious mistakes trying to go green that we are currently making.

Joe Biden and his puppet masters are intent upon destroying the USA and rebuilding as a socialist,
government controlled country.
It's that obvious.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

pothead

Dec 29, 2022, 9:51:18 AM12/29/22
I meant to say NOT a government mandate.
Apologies.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 9:55:43 AM12/29/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 16:00:23 -0500, "Scout" wrote:

>I just wish we could allow the market and the consumers to decide this..

The markets ARE deciding. Every time gasoline spikes, BEV sales
surge.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 10:04:27 AM12/29/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 07:02:19 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Faulty logic (again). Electric isn't free. Buyers will not be saving
>money as they have to purchase the electricity. So can you address
>the question of how someone will be able to buy a car that costs three
>times the current cost?

Sure. An ICE vehicle costs $40 to $70 to fill up.

A BEV costs about $10.

At a tank a week, the BEV driver has saved $200 or more a month on
fuel costs alone. Evs also require less maintenance due to far fewer
moving parts. For example, no oil changes because there's no
crankcase. No tune ups (no plugs), no gaskets to blow, no belts to
pop, no anti freeze to buy.

As for the vehicle cost, there are plenty of models priced BELOW the
current average new car price of around $45k.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 10:08:13 AM12/29/22
On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 10:02:07 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>
>>Yes, and who can afford to replace a $25,000 car with an $88,000 car... to
>>get what they already have?
>>
>>Further in 10 years the $88,000 is likely to be scrap or nearly being
>>scrapped, while the $25,000 is only half way through it's lifespan.

>So tell us, what make/model car did you drive from Virginia to Florida
>on less than 12 gallons of gas?

Scout, taking his cue from Ruby, once again runs away.

Alan Brand

Dec 29, 2022, 11:08:08 AM12/29/22
We did, you stupid fuckwit. You bullshitted, "I can drive up to 350 miles if
needed." You *can't* drive 350 miles if you only have a quarter tank of gas
*and* the gas pumps aren't working because of a power outage.

>>> So no, EV's [sic] can't go as far as ICE cars.
>>
>> Some *EVs* can go quite a bit farther than many ICE vehicles.
>
> Great job watering down that sentence!

I pointed out your stupidity.

Alan Brand

Dec 29, 2022, 11:08:11 AM12/29/22
On 12/29/2022 4:07 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:22:49 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude
> <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:55:04 -0800, Rudy forged:
>>
>>> No, she *never* knows it's me — not when I get
>>> her responding eight or nine times.
>>
>> Everyone knows when it's you, nitwit.
>
> Indeed.

No. No, Kremlin Girl / Bit of Nothingness, you do not "know all along" that
it's me. Neither does kleine klauschen "no-foreskin" Schittenkike.

Alan Brand

Dec 29, 2022, 11:08:15 AM12/29/22
Nice try, scooter. No one has 3/4 of a tank of gas stored in gas cans that he
can use if he wants to drive 350 miles and only has 1/4 tank in his car and
knows in advance all the gas pumps are dead. You fucking clowns are so funny,
tying yourselves up in knots always trying to have an answer — an answer that is
always absurd. Of course, this is part and parcel of your idiotic thinking
about guns. You need to be "prepared" in case "antifa," the Chi-Coms and the
House Democratic Caucus all engage in a coordinated division-strength assault on
your redoubt. You fucking clown.

Mike Colangelo

Dec 29, 2022, 11:08:17 AM12/29/22
No, you idiot.

> Electric isn't free.

No one said it's free, you fucking idiot. It costs a *lot* less than the
gasoline needed to go the same distance.

> Buyers will not be saving money as they have to purchase the electricity.

Of course they'll be saving money *on fuel*, you fucking idiot. It costs less
to charge an EV to go a given distance than it does to buy fuel for an ICE
vehicle to go the same distance.

Where do you and scooter get this bullshit figure of $88K for an EV vs $25K for
an ICE car? You don't have to spend 3.5 times as much to buy an EV as you pay
for an ICE car. EVs are a *little* more expensive than a comparable ICE car,
but not any fucking 3.5 times. Fuck off with that bullshit.

It is a well established fact that the total cost of ownership *and operation*
of EVs is lower than the cost of a comparable ICE car.

* *substantially* lower cost of fuel
* *substantially* lower maintenance cost
* *slightly* higher depreciation, which is more than offset by the two above

The biggest reason for the faster depreciation of EVs vs ICE cars is that EV
technology is improving so much faster than it is for ICE cars. A decade ago,
it was rare to find an EV with a range exceeding 100 miles. Now, there are
dozens with ranges exceeding 300 miles. ICE technology basically isn't
improving at all.

Here is what is really going on with you fucks and your petty opposition to EVs.
It's more than obvious you don't really have a case against EVs; EVs are fine,
and you know it. Your real whine is that the switch to them is based on an
acknowledgment that anthropogenic global warming is real and needs to be
addressed. You fucks still want to think that AGW is nothing more than a
conspiracy to implement "socialism," which it is not and you can't even define.
EVs are just a symptom of your imaginary conspiracy.

EVs are coming, and if you live long enough — doubtful, as nearly all of you
right-wingnut fucktards are already in your 70s — you *will* be driving one
before too long. You fucktards have to accommodate yourselves to that fact —
the fact is not going to accommodate you.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Dec 29, 2022, 11:47:46 AM12/29/22
Yes. Yes Rudy, the forging dwarf. EVERYONE knows it's you.

Observe:

RUDY DETECTOR™

BULLSHIT
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^
SOPHOMORIC
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^
INACCURATE
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^
WRITTEN BY A DWARF
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^
RUNS FROM HIS OWN LIES
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^

PROBABILITY
0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
^

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 6:19:29 PM12/29/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 08:48:51 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote

Why would you do something stupid like that? The median price for a
new car has passed 45k now and there are many BEV models that cost
less than that with more being released every year.

>>>Indeed. By directing the cost of gasoline no longer bought to the
>>>payments, lots of folks can afford to buy EV. If only wealthy people
>>>could afford electrics, charging stations wouldn't be showing up at
>>>Walmart.
>>>
>>>Swill
>>
>> Faulty logic (again). Electric isn't free. Buyers will not be saving
>> money as they have to purchase the electricity.

More stupid illogic. Don't you get tired of making this shit up? I'd
much rather pay $40 for elecricity every month than $300 on gasoline.

>So can you address
>> the question of how someone will be able to buy a car that costs three
>> times the current cost?

Three times the current cost of what?

>Does Rudy have any idea of how much gas you can buy with $63,000?

Do you have any idea of what ELSE you could buy instead of gasoline? A
nicer house, a nicer car, a better health care plan, an extra
retirement account, a college education for a couple of your kids.

>Then, there is the issue of interest. I mean most people don't have $88,000
>just laying around, so you're going to pay a lot more in interest.

Then don't buy an 88k car. You can get a luxurious and sporty Audi
Quattro eTron for less than 65k and it gets an epa rating of well over
400mpg.

Hyundai offers SEVEN different models under 50k. You can get a Nissan
Leaf for 27k or less.

>Further since the car is being financed you're probably going to have to
>carry full insurance on the car, and given the value of the car that means a
>LOT more in insurance payments.

Heavens! Next thing you know banks will start forcing mortgage
holders to buy homeowners insurance!

>Next, we have the high probability of the EV being totaled if the battery
>pack is damaged even slightly..

Your ignorance of BEV technology and automobile design is astonishing.
There isn't "a battery pack". They're powered by arrays of hundreds
and even thousands of independent power cells that can each be easily
replaced.

Not to mention that EVs protect their battery packs within the frame.
If the car suffers enough damage to bend or break the frame, it's
totaled ANYWAY. That placement of batteries in the floor inside the
frame also lowers the center of gravity greatly improving road holding
and safety.

>which means the probability of high payouts
>increases when means insurance premiums will also increase.
>Finally, An EV is only going to last about 11 years, which means your
>trade-in value is going to be far lower than that of an ICE which typically
>lasts 23 years.

After 11 years you'll have spent less than half as much on it as you
would have on an ICE.

>You're not going to save enough on gas to pay for all those extra expenses
>unless you do a LOT of driving..

Which, apparently, you are since you don't think a 200M driving range
is enough.

>which EVs aren't really great for given their limited range...

See? One face says one thing and the other says somthing else.

>and the fact that the battery pack can only be cycled
>so many times which means your car will go to the scrap yard that much
>sooner.

The law requires the battery to last 100k miles or ten years. Battery
prices are collapsing so absent other extreme wear or damage, battery
replacement on an older model is cost effective especially since the
newer battery will have a longer range and other technological
improvements.

When a battery can no longer be effectively charged, it's materials
are sent for recycling into new batteries.

And how much would it cost you to replace the engine and transmission
with brand new units in an ICE vehicle?

Are you being this stupid DELIBERATELY?

>Of course, Rudy never looks at these things because he only looks at the
>very surface of the issue (ie sound bite) and even then doesn't consider the
>ramifications.

Your obsession with Ruby is astonishing. He's not the only poster
here who posts in favor of EVs.

>Even if gasoline was $10/gal you could drive over 200,000 miles at the
>typical 32mpg cars get just from the price difference in the cars.

No, you couldn't. You're making up bullshit figures like you always
do. You still haven't told us the make and model of your car that
gets a miraculous 80 mpg at a 78 mph cruise. The car that got you
from Virginia to Florida on less than 12 gallons of gasoline.

>In short.. the increased price alone would NEVER justify itself in fuel
>savings...

Yes, it would and time and time again you've been shown the math.

25 mpg, 200k miles, comes to 8,000 gallons. That's more than 500
tanks and at $60 a tank, that's $30,000 in fuel cost alone. In an EV,
with a similar range the total fuel cost would be less than $5,000.
Then there's maintenance. The Lucid Air has two moving parts in the
engine and no transmission. No plugs or oil changes, no air filters
or cooling system flushes to pay for. Driveline repairs are all but
non existent. An ICE otoh, has thousands of parts in it's driveline.
That's thousands of things to go wrong in addition to higher
maintenance costs.

>that's even if we assume massively expensive gas and charging is
>free.

Lol! You'll imagine any lie to preserve the value of your oil stock,
won't you?

>This is why green energy is and will continue to be a scam..

The only scam is coming from conservatives terrified that tomorrow
might be somehow different from today and they won't be able to cope.

>those pushing
>it can't even run the numbers to see how they are being lied to.

They can, have, I just did and you're the one lying to them.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 6:26:03 PM12/29/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 08:08:15 -0800, Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>
wrote:
This is one of those rare posts wherein Ruby actually gets the data
right.

However, as per Ruby's usual, the post is so unnecessarily insulting
that images of driving a Buick up his greasy asshole are the stuff
dreams are made of.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 6:32:15 PM12/29/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:04:55 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 governo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 10:02:07 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, and who can afford to replace a $25,000 car with an $88,000 car... to
>>>get what they already have?
>>>
>>>Further in 10 years the $88,000 is likely to be scrap or nearly being
>>>scrapped, while the $25,000 is only half way through it's lifespan.
>
>>So tell us, what make/model car did you drive from Virginia to Florida
>>on less than 12 gallons of gas?
>
>Scout, taking his cue from Ruby, once again runs away.

Scout, having responded to several posts this afternoon is still
running away from this one.

What make and model of car did you drive from Virginia to Florida on
less than 12 gallons of gas, Scout?

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 6:35:39 PM12/29/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 08:52:07 -0500, "Scout" wrote:

>Sure he could. They have these things called "gas cans" which store gasoline
>for later use. It you are really concerned you can even get a tank that can
>run anywhere from 50 gallons to several thousand, though the typical one is
>250 gallons.
>
>So yea, he can have emergency fuel on hand if he things there is even the
>slightest risks the power will go out.

So tell us, Scout, how many people have 250 gallons of emergency
gasoline in their apartment?

You are one stupid, STUPID mofo.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 6:36:58 PM12/29/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 08:08:13 -0800, Alan Brand <br...@ifx.net> wrote:

>Nice try, scooter. No one has 3/4 of a tank of gas stored in gas cans that he
>can use if he wants to drive 350 miles and only has 1/4 tank in his car and
>knows in advance all the gas pumps are dead. You fucking clowns are so funny,
>tying yourselves up in knots always trying to have an answer — an answer that is
>always absurd. Of course, this is part and parcel of your idiotic thinking
>about guns. You need to be "prepared" in case "antifa," the Chi-Coms and the
>House Democratic Caucus all engage in a coordinated division-strength assault on
>your redoubt. You fucking clown.

*applause*

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 6:38:20 PM12/29/22
Yeah, actually, we do.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2022, 6:49:53 PM12/29/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 09:01:24 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>But even with half a tank you probably have more range than a fully charged
>EV,

No, you don't. Seven gallons of gas in a 25 mpg ICE only gets you 175
miles. Here are 56 BEVs that will take you farther than that on a
charge, up to 520 miles. And there are a dozen that will take you
farther than that ICE with a full tank.
https://insideevs.com/news/534024/bev-epa-range-comparison-september2021/

Frank

Dec 29, 2022, 7:36:11 PM12/29/22
I do. I have a generator for power failures and have the gas stored. I
could charge an EV with it or fill gas tank. However, I will never own one.

BTW it is probably a mistake to keep topping off an EV as it would limit
battery lifetime. You lose about 2% range every year as it is.

I top off my cars when half full and might be able to go 350 highway
miles on a half tank.

NoBody

Dec 30, 2022, 7:02:07 AM12/30/22
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 09:01:24 -0500, "Scout"
Yeah something about child labor and earth poisoning chemicals for the
batteries. But liberals think that's *good* because "intentions".

>Just look at how much power is lost between generation and the work actually
>done by your EV.
>
>Then we have to consider how much pollution is produced to even build your
>EV. I mean so much of it depends on mining in 3rd world countries that have
>little or no pollution controls, most of the equipment is unregulared diesel
>powered using high sulfur fuel, and that's even before we discussion the
>air, water, and soil pollution that occurs.
>
>https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/12/211217113232.htm#:~:text=Waste%20generated%20from%20mining%20cobalt,respiratory%20and%20reproductive%20health%20issues.

Oh heck they still can't answer the question of where the expanded
energy production required will be coming from.

Scout

Dec 30, 2022, 9:58:53 AM12/30/22

"Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
I do. A lot of people do. I mean with a 14 gallon tank it only takes me 3
five gallon cans.

Then of course.. you have all the farmers who often have well over 100
gallons on hand.

Further, let's say they don't.. that's their choice.. but they actually HAVE
a choice, until an EV owner.

Scout

Dec 30, 2022, 9:58:54 AM12/30/22

"pothead" <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote in message
Bingo.. those that want to experiment with it should. Eventually, perhaps
they will solve the problems, and once they do.. we won't need the
government to force us to buy, or spend our money trying to convince others
to buy.

Let the free market work, the result will always be better than what results
from government interference.

Scout

Dec 30, 2022, 9:58:55 AM12/30/22

"Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
But remember, according to Rudy the battery is only at 1/4 capacity.. what's
their range now?

Alan Bond

Dec 30, 2022, 10:13:25 AM12/30/22
No, scooter, you don't. No one who doesn't operate large vehicles for a living
does.

Allen Block

Dec 30, 2022, 10:13:27 AM12/30/22
No one said that, scooter — literally no one. As you have been instructed,
scooter, *most* of the time, an EV is going to recharge overnight. Most people
who drive an ICE car are not going to stop and top off their car on their way
home. And virtually *no one* has a large amount of gasoline sitting around in
"gas cans" at home. You bullshitted about that, scooter.

Scout

Dec 30, 2022, 11:38:20 AM12/30/22

"Allen Block" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
"You can't do that if you have only a quarter tank..."

You imposed the condition.. I'm just extending it to all cars under
discussion.

> As you have been instructed, scooter, *most* of the time, an EV is going
> to recharge overnight.

Assertion based on fact no in evidence, because you are ASSUMING that most
people will be able to charge each night and that the car will reach a full
charge before the power goes out.

Neither of those is a factual assumption.

> Most people who drive an ICE car are not going to stop and top off their
> car on their way home.

And why would you assume that an EV would always top off? You do realize
that each time you recharge, particularly to 100%, you are increasing the
wear on the battery and reducing it's life, right? For best life you would
maintain the battery between 20-80% which means you would rarely top off and
you wouldn't recharge until you were approaching 20% charge.
To assume that an EV would to topped off each night therefore would be a
false assumption particularly given most people can't afford an $88,000 car
every 10 years. So they would have to do everything possible to extend the
life.. which means not recharging unless actually needed.

Oh, and because an EV is going to only be charged to 80%.. your range
numbers are BS.

> And virtually *no one* has a large amount of gasoline sitting around in
> "gas cans" at home. You bullshitted about that, scooter.

Actually, virtually every farmer does. and most people have a can of
gasoline for their lawnmower. Sure it may not be a "large" amount, but it's
probably enough in most cases for an emergency.

Notice how Rudy, has to keep imposing and changing the conditions in order
to try to salvage his lame argument.

Scout

Dec 30, 2022, 11:38:20 AM12/30/22

"Alan Bond" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
That would be just about everyone who lives in the country.
Seen any tractors pulling into the gas station recently... there is a reason
you don't see them doing so.

Alan Bond

Dec 30, 2022, 12:47:43 PM12/30/22
No, scooter, it's not. *Most* people who live in the country do not operate
large vehicles for a living, scooter. *Most* people who live in the country are
not farmers, scooter.

You do not have "gas cans" containing a full tank of fuel for your ICE car
sitting around at your place, scooter. No one has, scooter. Don't bother
asking me "how" I know that, scooter. The fact is I know it because it's
reasonable and has to be so.

Allen Block

Dec 30, 2022, 12:48:08 PM12/30/22
On 12/30/2022 8:36 AM, scooter lied:
No, scooter.

> I'm just extending it to all cars under discussion.

No, scooter, you're fabricating a fake case.

>> As you have been instructed, scooter, *most* of the time, an EV is going to
>> recharge overnight.
>
> Assertion based on fact no [sic] in evidence,

No, it's an established fact, scooter. Most EV owners recharge their cars
overnight. This is settled, scooter.

>> Most people who drive an ICE car are not going to stop and top off their car
>> on their way home.
>
> And why would you assume that an EV would always top off?

Because they do, scooter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/09/22/its-common-charge-electric-vehicles-night-that-will-be-problem/

It's a settled and irrefutable fact, scooter. You lose again, scooter.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2022, 1:06:50 PM12/30/22
Would have been a better one had it not been based on lies.

>The greeniacs are literally bringing this country to it's
>> knees. I'm all for green
>> energy

No, you aren't or you would support it, which you don't.

> but it should be a choice and a government mandate.

But for government intervention millions of Americans would be
addicted to cocaine and heroin.

>Bingo.. those that want to experiment with it should.

Says the certified liar. What lies have you told? Well, for one, you
claim to have driven non stop from Virginia to Florida averaging 78mph
in an ICE vehicle with a 14.5 gallon tank and arrived with 3/16ths of
a tank left. Despite repeatedly asking, you have failed to tell us
the make and model.

>Eventually, perhaps
>they will solve the problems, and once they do.. we won't need the
>government to force us to buy, or spend our money trying to convince others
>to buy.

Yet the "problems" you've brought forth have, in fact, been solved. EV
range, even on the cheap models, is far beyond what the majority of
drivers need for a day and operating costs over the life of the
vehicle have been reduced to operating costs of an ICE.

>Let the free market work, the result will always be better than what results
>from government interference.

No, it won't. Reread my reference above to drugs. Many other
examples exist of the need for government regulation of markets. Auto
emissions controls have turned American skies from brown/gray to blue.
Despite massive numbers more cars and passenger miles, US traffic
deaths are half what they were before the government began mandating
safety standards and equipment. Streams and lakes are clean enough to
hold fish that aren't dangerous to eat and when was the last time a
river caught fire in the US?

>> This country runs on fossil fuels and so does our military. And we have
>> enough to be mined for the next 200 years.

But why just *burn* it? We need petroleum for a vast range of
chemical processes not least of which is fertilizer.

>> We could once again become energy independent and at the same time help
>> out our EU partners who
>> made the serious mistakes trying to go green that we are currently making.

Yet another radical right wing prediction that failed to come true.
Natural gas was supposed to become so expensive German householders
would end up freezing to death and gas pressure in the lines would
drop to atmospheric pressure allowing oxygen in thus destroying
infrastructure and killing people. The reality is that Europeans are
toasty warm and natural gas has reached it's lowest pricing in years.

>> Joe Biden and his puppet masters are intent upon destroying the USA and
>> rebuilding as a socialist, government controlled country.
>> It's that obvious.

You guys don't think we'd let people like *you* run things without any
checks or balances against your greed and stupidity, do you?

>> pothead
>> Tommy Chong For President 2024.

This certainly explains a lot.

>> Crazy Joe Biden Is A Demented Imbecile.
>> Impeach Joe Biden 2022.

Congress is out of session and 2023 starts day after tomorrow.

Who looks demented now?

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2022, 1:23:32 PM12/30/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:53:57 -0500, "Scout" wrote:

>>> Great job watering down that sentence!
>>
>> I pointed out your stupidity.
>
>But remember, according to Rudy the battery is only at 1/4 capacity.. what's
>their range now?

Um, no, it was about a gas tank that wasn't full according to YOU.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2022, 1:50:11 PM12/30/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 11:36:39 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>"Allen Block" <br...@ifx.net> wrote
>> On 12/30/2022 6:53 AM, Rudy wrote:
>>> "Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote

It was truthful.

>>> But remember, according to Rudy the battery is only at 1/4 capacity

>> No one said that, scooter — literally no one.

Agreed. No one said anything about a 1/4 charged battery because it
charges at home overnight each night.

>"You can't do that if you have only a quarter tank..."
>
>You imposed the condition.. I'm just extending it to all cars under
>discussion.

An unlikely scenario since users are far more likely to grab the plug
and connect while in their parking space than they are to stop at the
gas station every day.

>> As you have been instructed, scooter, *most* of the time, an EV is going
>> to recharge overnight.
>
>Assertion based on fact no in evidence, because you are ASSUMING that most
>people will be able to charge each night

Who would be stupid enough to buy an EV they can't charge? You?

>and that the car will reach a full
>charge before the power goes out.

Which are both reliable assumptions. Unless, of course, the power
goes out in your neighborhood almost every night and assuming you're
not a blithering idiot who forgets to plug in the car as he walks
right by the plug on the way into the house.

>Neither of those is a factual assumption.

Sure they are. Forget to plug in once in a while? Sure. Doesn't
change the fact that a full charge holds several days of driving. So
what if Aunt Frannie took your parking space when she dropped by this
afternoon and you forgot to move your car off the street and plug it
in after dinner. How often does that happen?

>> Most people who drive an ICE car are not going to stop and top off their
>> car on their way home.
>
>And why would you assume that an EV would always top off?

Because you park in your space, grab the plug night next to the car
and plug it in. Washing the dishes is a more difficult and time
consuming chore.

> You do realize
>that each time you recharge, particularly to 100%, you are increasing the
>wear on the battery and reducing it's life, right?

For somebody who pretends to know all about EVs, you sure can show
your ignorance. The technology has changed. Batteries last longer
due in no small part to software management of the power cells.
Federal standards require a minimum service lifetime of 10 years or
100k miles before any appreciable capacity loss occurs. Didn't you
know that?

>For best life you would
>maintain the battery between 20-80% which means you would rarely top off and
>you wouldn't recharge until you were approaching 20% charge.

Um, no. I rarely let my phones and other devices get below 50% and I
always charge them to 100%.

But let's use "Scout logic". If 80% was healthier than 100%, the
battery would only charge to 80%. And if 20% was the best charge
point, management software would prevent recharging at levels above
20%.

>To assume that an EV would to topped off each night therefore would be a
>false assumption particularly given most people can't afford an $88,000 car
>every 10 years.

There's that bullshit, arbitrary 88k number again. The average price
of a new ICE is currently 48k. The average price of a new EV is 64k.
Do your own math, if you can.

>So they would have to do everything possible to extend the
>life.. which means not recharging unless actually needed.

Which is bullshit. Who told you that? The more charged a lithium ion
battery is, the more stable it will be as some energy is needed to
stabilize the internal layers.

>Oh, and because an EV is going to only be charged to 80%.. your range
>numbers are BS.

So . . . you're going to get up in the middle of the night to unplug
your phones and other devices when they get to 80%?

>> And virtually *no one* has a large amount of gasoline sitting around in
>> "gas cans" at home. You bullshitted about that, scooter.
>
>Actually, virtually every farmer does.

Well, that covers about 1.4% of the population.

>and most people have a can of
>gasoline for their lawnmower. Sure it may not be a "large" amount, but it's
>probably enough in most cases for an emergency.

No, not really, since lawnmowers are two stroke and two stroke fuel
would damage your car. At the very least you'd have to change your
plugs not forgetting the oil smoke damage to exhaust system sensors
could be quite costly to repair.

Your desperation to not admit you're wrong is turning out to be self
destructive of your own arguments.

And all because you invested in oil stock . . .

>Notice how Rudy, has to keep imposing and changing the conditions in order
>to try to salvage his lame argument.

No, but I notice how *you* keep imposing and changing the conditions
in order to try to salvage *your* lame argument.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2022, 2:14:27 PM12/30/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:46:40 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>"Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote
>> On 12/29/2022 5:52 AM, Scout wrote:
>>> "Alan Brand" <br...@ifx.net> wrote
>>>
>>> Sure he could. They have these things called "gas cans" which store
>>> gasoline for later use.
>>
>> Nice try, scooter. No one has 3/4 of a tank of gas stored in gas cans
>> that he can use if he wants to drive 350 miles and only has 1/4 tank in
>> his car
>
>I do.

I don't believe you keep three five gallon cans of emergency gas in
your garage. Do you throw it out and replace it periodically?

> A lot of people do.

No, they don't.

>I mean with a 14 gallon tank it only takes me 3
>five gallon cans.

Is that the same 14 gallon tank that got you from Virginia to Florida
at an average speed of 78mph with "3/16ths" of a tank left over?

>Then of course.. you have all the farmers who often have well over 100
>gallons on hand.

That's less than 1 of every 100 persons in America. What about the
other 99+ people? What about folks in apartments who don't need to
store "lawnmower gas" that they *can't* store anyway and even if they
could would damage their car if they used it? And when the time comes
to replace it with fresh, how is the old gas disposed of? How much
gas in America gets thrown away (sent to toxic recycling for a fee)
because there was no need for it?

>Further, let's say they don't.. that's their choice.. but they actually HAVE
>a choice, until an EV owner.

But what about the portable generators common in hurricane states? I
have one out in my shed. Every summer my brother comes over, flushes
the tank and carburetor, throws out that gas and refills it and the
gallon can with fresh gas and a stabilizer. That'll put enough charge
in an EV to get to the grocery store, bank or . . . oh, wait, the
power is out in the region so all those places will be closed . . . I
don't need to drive if the power is out after all!

Frank

Dec 30, 2022, 2:18:45 PM12/30/22
On 12/30/2022 1:20 PM, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I pointed out your stupidity.
>>
>> But remember, according to Rudy the battery is only at 1/4 capacity.. what's
>> their range now?
>
> Um, no, it was about a gas tank that wasn't full according to YOU.

https://dcenquirer.com/tesla-supercharger-winter-storm-freezing-temperatures/

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2022, 2:21:13 PM12/30/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 11:37:48 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>"Alan Bond" <br...@ifx.net> wrote
>>>
>>> I do. A lot of people do.
>>
>> No, scooter, you don't. No one who doesn't operate large vehicles for a
>> living does.
>
>That would be just about everyone who lives in the country.
>Seen any tractors pulling into the gas station recently... there is a reason
>you don't see them doing so.

Um, are you really going to be this stupid in public? Truckers don't
keep drums of diesel on hand. About 1.4% of the population works in
farming, including immigrant labor which means that something less
than 1 person in 100 actually owns a farm and keeps tractor gas on
hand. And at that it's usually large above or below ground tanks
holding hundreds or even thousands of gallons.

Your delusion that "most Americans" or even a significant number of
the keep a dozen or more gallons of gas on hand "for spares" is a
fantasy and you know it. Why do you keep lying about this, Scout?

Scout

Dec 30, 2022, 6:13:05 PM12/30/22

"Allen Block" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
Excellent then everyone has a full tank and we don't have to buy your BS
that they only have a 1/4 of a tank.

>>> As you have been instructed, scooter, *most* of the time, an EV is going
>>> to recharge overnight.
>>
>> Assertion based on fact no [sic] in evidence,
>
> No, it's an established fact, scooter. Most EV owners recharge their cars
> overnight. This is settled, scooter.

When you claim something is settled.. then that's proof you're pulling the
claim out of your ass.

Scout

Dec 30, 2022, 6:14:55 PM12/30/22

"Alan Bond" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
When you have to lie about who you are.. how can anything you assert be
accepted as anything other than a lie?

Alan Bond

Dec 30, 2022, 7:44:06 PM12/30/22
On 12/30/2022 3:14 PM, scooter lied:

> "Alan Bond" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message news:1vFrL.91724$PXw7...@fx45.iad...

>> On 12/30/2022 8:37 AM, scooter lied:
>>>

>>> "Alan Bond" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message

>> No, scooter, it's not. *Most* people who live in the country do not operate
>> large vehicles for a living, scooter. *Most* people who live in the country are
>> not farmers, scooter.
>>
>> You do not have "gas cans" containing a full tank of fuel for your ICE car
>> sitting around at your place, scooter. No one has, scooter. Don't bother
>> asking me "how" I know that, scooter. The fact is I know it because it's
>> reasonable and has to be so.
>
> When you have to lie about who you are.

LOL! You want us to believe your childish pseudonyn is part of your real name,
scooter? No, scooter, it isn't.

Allen Block

Dec 30, 2022, 7:44:23 PM12/30/22
On 12/30/2022 3:12 PM, scooter lied:

> "Allen Block" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
>> On 12/30/2022 8:36 AM, scooter lied:
>>>

>>> "Allen Block" <br...@ifx.net> wrote in message
No, everyone doesn't have a full tank, scooter, because no one tops up his car
every day before heading home.

And no one keeps a tank's worth of gasoline in "gas cans" at home, scooter. That
was one of the more fuckwitted lies you've told in a long time, scooter.

>>> Assertion based on fact no [sic] in evidence,
>>
>> No, it's an established fact, scooter.  Most EV owners recharge their cars
>> overnight.  This is settled, scooter.
>
> When you claim something is settled..

...you can be assured it is, scooter.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2022, 7:54:09 PM12/30/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:12:50 -0500, "Scout" wrote:

>Excellent then everyone has a full tank and we don't have to buy your BS
>that they only have a 1/4 of a tank.

Not unless you stop at the gas station every day on the way home to
top off.

Schadenfreude - watching you twist in the wind trying to make a case
with bogus numbers and long disproven tales that falls apart with
every reply.

Your resistance to EVs might have made sense thirty years ago but even
in the nineties GM's EV-1 customers were NOT happy when the General
took his experimental BEVs back!

Lol!

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2022, 7:54:55 PM12/30/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:14:17 -0500, "Scout" wrote:

>When you have to lie about who you are.. how can anything you assert be
>accepted as anything other than a lie?

Like we know who *you* are!

ROTFL!

NoBody

Dec 31, 2022, 9:22:23 AM12/31/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:14:17 -0500, "Scout"
Well it's Rudely posting so there's that...

NoBody

Dec 31, 2022, 9:24:10 AM12/31/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 14:17:52 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 11:37:48 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>>"Alan Bond" <br...@ifx.net> wrote

>>> No, scooter, you don't. No one who doesn't operate large vehicles for a
>>> living does.
>>
>>That would be just about everyone who lives in the country.
>>Seen any tractors pulling into the gas station recently... there is a reason
>>you don't see them doing so.
>
>Um, are you really going to be this stupid in public? Truckers don't
>keep drums of diesel on hand. About 1.4% of the population works in
>farming, including immigrant labor which means that something less
>than 1 person in 100 actually owns a farm and keeps tractor gas on
>hand. And at that it's usually large above or below ground tanks
>holding hundreds or even thousands of gallons.
>
>Your delusion that "most Americans" or even a significant number of
>the keep a dozen or more gallons of gas on hand "for spares" is a
>fantasy and you know it. Why do you keep lying about this, Scout?
>
>Swill

Ok let's this make this easy for you. Please cite the number of
farmers using electric tractors and its percentage of the market. You
can do that right?

NoBody

Dec 31, 2022, 9:27:23 AM12/31/22
You are welcome to refute him point by point yet you haven't done
that. Why might this be?

NoBody

Dec 31, 2022, 9:29:08 AM12/31/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:12:50 -0500, "Scout"
Literally everything Rudely posts is pulled out of his ass.

NoBody

Dec 31, 2022, 9:31:31 AM12/31/22
On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 19:50:48 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:12:50 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>
>>Excellent then everyone has a full tank and we don't have to buy your BS
>>that they only have a 1/4 of a tank.
>
>Not unless you stop at the gas station every day on the way home to
>top off.
>
>Schadenfreude - watching you twist in the wind trying to make a case
>with bogus numbers and long disproven tales that falls apart with
>every reply.
>
>Your resistance to EVs might have made sense thirty years ago but even
>in the nineties GM's EV-1 customers were NOT happy when the General
>took his experimental BEVs back!
>
>Lol!
>
>Swill

This from the guy who still won't acknowledge that EV's lose up to 40%
of their range if you're using your heater. Great idea there! So now
please recalculate the costs to include the 40% increase if you're in
a cold climate. EV's are a scam on the public period.

Frank

Dec 31, 2022, 10:37:57 AM12/31/22
Please do not accuse Rudy of thinking. He has his party think for him.

Scout

Dec 31, 2022, 11:17:00 AM12/31/22

"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
Because that's what Rudy does.. deny the truth and reality and lies instead.

governo...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2022, 4:22:01 PM12/31/22
On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 09:27:19 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>You are welcome to refute him point by point yet you haven't done
>that. Why might this be?

Have done so time and again.

Swill
--
"Reality is an acquired taste." - Matthew Perry

NoBody

Jan 1, 2023, 10:28:17 AM1/1/23
On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 16:18:39 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 09:27:19 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>You are welcome to refute him point by point yet you haven't done
>>that. Why might this be?
>
>Have done so time and again.
>
>Swill

Not in this thread. You have NO answer to the fact that an EV will
lose up to 40% of it's range when you run the heater in cold weather.
In case you haven't noticed it's gotten pretty damn cold out there
lately. This is an absolute fatal flaw of the technology.

NoBody

Jan 1, 2023, 10:33:42 AM1/1/23
Oh Swill???? Don't make an argument if you can't defend it please.

NoBody

Jan 1, 2023, 10:35:10 AM1/1/23
No answer from Swill.

Scout

Jan 1, 2023, 1:13:45 PM1/1/23

"NoBody" <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
Did you expect one? I mean it's hard to present a reasoned challenged to the
facts.

governo...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2023, 5:43:02 PM1/1/23
On Sun, 01 Jan 2023 10:28:14 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 16:18:39 -0500, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 09:27:19 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>>You are welcome to refute him point by point yet you haven't done
>>>that. Why might this be?
>>
>>Have done so time and again.
>>
>>Swill
>
>Not in this thread. You have NO answer to the fact that an EV will
>lose up to 40% of it's range when you run the heater in cold weather.

This is the first time you've asked that particular question and btw,
it's bullshit as are all your other claims about EV technology.
https://www.recurrentauto.com/research/cold-weather-idling-in-an-ev

>In case you haven't noticed it's gotten pretty damn cold out there
>lately. This is an absolute fatal flaw of the technology.

To start with, that's a lie.
https://www.recurrentauto.com/research/cold-weather-idling-in-an-ev
It is loading more messages.