seeking treatmt for hyperacusis in LA, CA area

Maxwell Hoffmann

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
I have a close friend who is suffering from hyperacusis (physical/mental
sensitivity to loud noises). He is particularly phobic about barking
dogs, and the sound of neighbors going up/down stairs. His doctor
doesn't understand this disease/problem, and has been of no help. He has
good insurance, and I think is covered for legitimate treatment.

Can anyone recommend a clinic or therapist in the Los Angeles/San
Fernando Valley/Conejo Valley area who treats this disease? Any leads at
all would be appreciated. He's wondering if anyone has had success with
hypnosis therapy. Also seeking leads on hypnotherapists who treat
hyperacusis in the geographica areas listed above.

Max (Conejo Valley)

TBrush1090

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
>From: Maxwell Hoffmann <maxho...@earthlink.net>
>Date: Fri, Jan 15, 1999 18:49 EST
How's this:

Dr. Sol Marghzar, MS, CCC-A, Inc.
9700 Venice Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
310-204-5822

Since March '97, Dr. Marghzar has been treating my hyperacusis and tinnitus
with auditory habituation techniques. I have shown an enormous improvement.

Hope this helps your friend.

ta
tom

"The sleeper dreams oblivion"
Taelon scientist Rho-ha
"Pandora's Box"
Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict

Judy Gillen

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
Tom,
How did the doctor help you to cope with hyperacusis? We have banging on
our lounge wall,and chainsaws going next to our unit...this has been going
for 2 months, and wearing me down..i can't get out much becuase of eye
problems, and lack of energy...but am nearing end of my tether..!
Thanks.
Judy Gillen in New Zealand
TBrush1090 wrote in message
<19990121043437...@ng-fw1.aol.com>...

Bruce F. Meyers

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
In article <78b2j7$jdh$1...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>,
"Judy Gillen" <gil...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Tom,
>How did the doctor help you to cope with hyperacusis? We have banging on
>our lounge wall,and chainsaws going next to our unit...this has been going
>for 2 months, and wearing me down..i can't get out much becuase of eye
>problems, and lack of energy...but am nearing end of my tether..!
>Thanks.
>Judy Gillen in New Zealand

-------------------

Hey there Judy;

Just as with a kidney stone; 'This too shall pass....'
I propose we begin a tether collection campaign for our dear Judy.

Warmest of regards;

Bruce
Seattle
Join the American Tinnitus Association
http://www.ata.org

"EERIE WAX; A Tinnitus Remedy" on the web:
http://www.acay.com.au/~ebyrne/eeriewax.html

Bruce F. Meyers

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
"Judy Gillen" <gil...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in part:

>We have banging on
>our lounge wall,and chainsaws going next to our unit...this has been going
>for 2 months,

>Judy Gillen in New Zealand

----------------------

Things could be worse. My 17 year old son has started
learning the five-string banjo......... ;-)

gu...@worldnet.att.net

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
In article <369FD408...@earthlink.net>,

m...@telteksys.com wrote:
> I have a close friend who is suffering from hyperacusis (physical/mental
> sensitivity to loud noises). He is particularly phobic about barking
> dogs, and the sound of neighbors going up/down stairs. His doctor
> doesn't understand this disease/problem, and has been of no help. He has
> good insurance, and I think is covered for legitimate treatment.
>
> Can anyone recommend a clinic or therapist in the Los Angeles/San
> Fernando Valley/Conejo Valley area who treats this disease? Any leads at
> all would be appreciated. He's wondering if anyone has had success with
> hypnosis therapy. Also seeking leads on hypnotherapists who treat
> hyperacusis in the geographica areas listed above.
>
> Max (Conejo Valley)

my son has hyperacusis and is under therapy treatment ( which is a 2 year
plan) contact this web site for lots of info

www.tinnitus-pjj.com

this web site will give you info on your friends condition and e-mail them to
refer a doctor in your area 'thats what we did because Dr. Jastreboff has a
one year waiting list.William Shatner ( Star Trek) goes to this doctor.
insurance won't cover this treatment.

Good Luck

BuktiMukti

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
>Subject: Re: seeking treatmt for hyperacusis in LA, CA area
>From: gu...@worldnet.att.net
>Date: Mon, Feb 8, 1999

Try the House Ear Clinic, telephone 213-483-9930.

Cheers,

Leonard

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally." --W. C. Fields 127

Susan Gold

Feb 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/12/99
Dear Max,

In th LA area, contact: Kathleen Coates, M.A CCC - A
Audiologist
Anaheim Hearing Center, Hear For Life
697 N. Euclid St.
Anaheim, CA 92801
Phone: (714) 535 - 3088
Fax: (714) 535 - 4086

She has been trained in TRT and will perform a comprehensive evaluation
for tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Good luck,

Susan Gold
University of MD Tinnitus & HYperacusis Center
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone: 410 328 - 1279
email: tinn...@surgery1.umaryland.edu

------------------------------

emmaa...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2018, 4:34:29 PM3/12/18
On Friday, January 15, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Maxwell Hoffmann wrote:
> I have a close friend who is suffering from hyperacusis (physical/mental
> sensitivity to loud noises). He is particularly phobic about barking
> dogs, and the sound of neighbors going up/down stairs. His doctor
> doesn't understand this disease/problem, and has been of no help. He has
> good insurance, and I think is covered for legitimate treatment.
>
> Can anyone recommend a clinic or therapist in the Los Angeles/San
> Fernando Valley/Conejo Valley area who treats this disease? Any leads at
> all would be appreciated. He's wondering if anyone has had success with
> hypnosis therapy. Also seeking leads on hypnotherapists who treat
> hyperacusis in the geographica areas listed above.
>
> Max (Conejo Valley)

As matter of fact I just visited Doctor Sol Marghzar in Beverly Hills CA for my HYPERACUSIS (sensitive to laud noises and hearing disturbance). I liked it very much the way he explained about my condition. I am going to start treatments in his office soon.