What frequency is your tinnitus?

SpreadTooThin

Feb 9, 2009, 9:46:29 PM2/9/09
I have a pc application that starts off at about 30Hz and can go well
into the KHz....
You listen to the sound and stop the program when the sound it
generates is the same as the frequency of your tinnitus.

I wonder if we can get enough people to try the program and post their
results if there would be any scientific value to such data.

Rod

Feb 10, 2009, 3:09:14 AM2/10/09

My tinnitus is primarily very high pitched. (I'd guess somewhere around
12/14 KHz.) But not entirely sure I can still hear any real sounds at
those frequencies!

--
Rod

onset.
<www.thyromind.info> <www.thyroiduk.org> <www.altsupportthyroid.org>

.  Bluto

Feb 10, 2009, 8:29:30 AM2/10/09

Where can this program be downloaded at?

ralleia

Feb 20, 2009, 5:14:50 PM2/20/09
On Feb 10, 7:29 am,  Bluto < @ . > wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:46:29 -0800 (PST), SpreadTooThin
>
> <bjobrie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I have a pc application that starts off at about 30Hz and can go well
> >into the KHz....
> >You listen to the sound and stop the program when the sound it
> >generates is the same as the frequency of your tinnitus.
>
> >I wonder if we can get enough people to try the program and post their
> >results if there would be any scientific value to such data
>
> Where can this program be downloaded at?

I downloaded an evaluation copy of a program called "Test Tone
Generator" from tucows.com http://www.tucows.com/preview/240287

My tinnitus is about 8350 Hertz.

Tim J.

Feb 20, 2009, 7:13:50 PM2/20/09
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:46:29 -0800 (PST), SpreadTooThin
<bjobr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Already did it through another program. Mine is around 13KHz.

Steve Giannoni

Feb 23, 2009, 12:31:01 PM2/23/09
Mine is white noise.

I wrote an app in QB45 to play a 5 secound tone in an inputted
frequency in the range 120 to 3840 CPS.

Those reporting upwards of 10 KCPS are very high indeed; pushing the
limits of hearing.

E-mail for a copy of my program -

casagi...@optonline.net

Use at your own risk, etc. ...

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:46:29 -0800 (PST), SpreadTooThin

Steve Giannoni

Feb 23, 2009, 1:25:38 PM2/23/09
Program expanded to include frequencies in the potential range of from
37 to 32767 CPS ....

Shaun H.

Feb 25, 2009, 3:23:41 PM2/25/09

Mine's about a piercing and very annoying 10 KHz or thereabouts.

I did have a low pitch one in my right ear as well (147Hz) but that
seems to have gone now.

Regards,
Shaun.

Rod

Feb 25, 2009, 3:49:21 PM2/25/09
Steve Giannoni wrote:
> Program expanded to include frequencies in the potential range of from
> 37 to 32767 CPS ....

Thanks Steve.

10,000 is just a bit below my tinnitus. (Although as the sound in my
head is a bit white/pink noise-like, exact frequency isn't easy to
gauge.) However, if I crank the frequency up any higher, I simply don't
hear it - not sure if it my ears not able to hear it or my PC not able
to emit it.

news

Feb 28, 2009, 3:11:13 PM2/28/09
Mine sounds like a TV whining, not an exact frequency, but rather high
pitched. Its varies over time in loudness, but its always the same sound and
equally in both ears.

geoff

Mar 2, 2009, 11:12:50 PM3/2/09

I have several tinnituses ( tinnitii , tinnitae ?).

Right ear - pretty much constantly 'locust swarm' around 10KHz.

Either or both ears - momentary 'pure' tones around 2KHz. Any old time but
most often evening if I'm tired or stressed.

Either or both ears, but more often right - The Hum usually around 56Hz. On
the occasions I get it. it is strongest in the late evening.

geoff

Paul L

Mar 9, 2009, 6:02:38 PM3/9/09

"SpreadTooThin" <bjobr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I would have guessed 12KHz

Actual is 8500 KHz

Too bad it's NOT 12KHz because according to the
tone generator I would not be able to hear it :-)

Paul

DaveH

May 15, 2009, 7:12:55 AM5/15/09

It varies between 11-13 khz, nearly causes madness sometimes.

I guess the group knows your sound system must be able to reproduce
these higher frequencies properly.

Marchand frequency generator lite is excellent. It also has white and
pink noise generators that I've used extensively. White for left, pink
for right. I've recorded this and put the file on our Ipod. I'd die
without these various capabilities.

fg_lite.exe at http://www.marchandelec.com/fg.html, bottom of page.

Emmett Bean

May 16, 2009, 10:07:22 AM5/16/09
I've tried it and it is a nice program. The noise it generates does not
emulate the noise that bothers my tinnitus. My tinnitus is bothered by
white noise from box fans, refrigerator compressors, A/C fans or any fan
that runs at a high speed that generates white noise.

Hope this helps

Regards...Emmett Bean - Houston, Texas

dcai...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2014, 6:17:03 PM8/20/14
14khz and it's driving me crazy.

jora...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2014, 9:23:01 AM9/2/14
On Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:17:03 AM UTC+2, dcai...@gmail.com wrote:
> 14khz and it's driving me crazy.

Mine is 14khz also, but it disappears a month, and comes back the next month, since september, last year. I'm pretty sure it's mechnical, and in relation with some food I should avoid, or maybe bad movements I do with my neck. Maybe could you contact me to compare our symptoms? I think that same tinnitus frequency is probably meaning the same problems.

extreme...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2015, 8:06:12 PM1/11/15
I also have 14khz tinnitus. Anyone who has same hz feel free to ask some symptoms or anything feel free to ask and email.

fri...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2015, 1:04:30 PM1/12/15

Get rid of tinnitus in easy steps

http://bit.ly/1AwlvN8

deana...@gmail.com

May 13, 2015, 7:26:33 AM5/13/15
On Monday, 12 January 2015 01:06:12 UTC, extreme...@gmail.com wrote:
> I also have 14khz tinnitus. Anyone who has same hz feel free to ask some symptoms or anything feel free to ask and email.

Did you get used to it?