Tinnitus from blowing nose

Mark Schmitz

Feb 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/5/00

About 3 weeks ago I was flushing my sinuses with saline and accidently blew
some up my estation tube to my left ear. I had some mild pain and popping
for a few days afterward. Now I have varying levels of ringing and a
plugged feeling
in that ear. I've had my g.p. look at the ear drum and he saw the drum a
little inflamed but no ruptures, etc and suggested taking sudafed to dry out
the middle ear. The ringing won't go away. Can anybody give advise?

Thanks,
Mark Schmitz
St. Charles, IL

ENTconsult

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
If you blow your nose too hard you can rupture the round window from the middle
ear into the inner ear. It is best to have an examination for this since this
can be repaired and fixed.
Murray Grossan, M.D.
http://www.ent-consult.com

Marly67

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
>Now I have varying levels of ringing and a
>plugged feeling
>in that ear.

Acupuncture helped me with this particular condition....

hyman matthew

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
That happened to me a while back. The ringing went way down after a few
weeks. unfortuantely, whenever I am exposed to loud noise, it comes back,
and eventually goes back down again.

matt

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Mark Schmitz wrote:

> About 3 weeks ago I was flushing my sinuses with saline and accidently blew
> some up my estation tube to my left ear. I had some mild pain and popping

> for a few days afterward. Now I have varying levels of ringing and a
> plugged feeling

gsine...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2015, 8:46:39 AM8/22/15
Hello Mr. Grossan

I have the same problems as the person who asked this question. I have been told that somehow I did damage to the inner ear. Unfortunaly I cannot visit you since I am from Bulgaria. But can you explain in more detail how this situation can be fixed( does it involve some kind of surgery ).