OT: Humor

1 view

deT notsuH

Jun 9, 2005, 12:27:17 PM6/9/05
Well. I go away for a few weeks to come back and find that my
thread has been hijacked by a bunch of Canadians. What's up with
that? Was the winter unusually harsh up there this year? Or was
it the lack of a hockey season? Did someone drop a curling stone
on your toe? Sheesh. Knock it off. Newbies looking in will see
the "she said/she said" fight as something very offputting. So,
here is something you can use to temper your words:

Dear __________,

Thank you for your interest in alt.support.thyroid. At this time,
we do not have any openings that would be right for your particular
abilities. To assist you in your search for an appropriate newsgroup
that will meet your needs, we have detailed below the reasons why we
did not feel you would be a good match for us:

__ You showed a poor grasp of the topic and atmosphere.
__ You did not read the FAQ.
__ You made personal attacks on people who responded to you.
__ You didn't pick up the check last time.
__ You discussed religion in a forum that isn't about religion.
__ Your spelling and grammar were poor, verging on incoherent.
__ The format of your post was incorrect.
__ You wore stripes and plaid together.
__ You invoked Godwin's Law.
__ Your fly is open.
__ You did not provide adequate references for your claims.
__ You are using an inferior newsreader.
__ You missed the point.
__ The community is not interested in discussing this matter.
__ You posted Spam.
__ You repeatedly posted Spam.
__ You didn't bring your own booze.
__ You are obnoxious.
__ You appear to be completely bat-shit insane.

We hope that this information will be useful to you in finding an
appropriate newsgroup to meet your needs. We wish you the best in
your search.

Sincerely,

--
deT notsuH bass-ackwards ude.hcimu@pcird
Employment application blanks always ask who is to be notified in

John Riggs

Jun 9, 2005, 1:32:18 PM6/9/05
I love it! That's funny.

Where have you been? I didn't see anything on the bulletin board about
you taking vacation.

"deT notsuH" <pcird*BACKWARDS*@umich.edu> wrote in message

Barbara Needham

Jun 9, 2005, 5:57:03 PM6/9/05
John Riggs <johnr...@netzero.net> wrote:

> Where have you been? I didn't see anything on the bulletin board about
> you taking vacation.

His sign out board must have fallen down behind the front desk....

Thanks deT ...

Cavaliers

Jun 9, 2005, 7:25:46 PM6/9/05
Yes, it's behind the dust puppies ;o) and as you remember these are a
symptom of hypothyrodism.
Yes, thanks deT it was time for a good laugh
Diana

"Barbara Needham" <barba...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

John Riggs

Jun 9, 2005, 8:10:55 PM6/9/05
I didn't even see a sticky note on your PC. I was at a loss on what to
tell the boss lady as to where you were ..... getting a tooth fixed only
covers a couple of days, the flu for two weeks, after that I got nothin'
Give a guy break and let us know next time you take off to go fishin'.

Lois

Jun 10, 2005, 12:15:41 AM6/10/05
"John Riggs" wrote:
: I didn't even see a sticky note on your PC. I was at a loss on

what to
: tell the boss lady as to where you were ..... getting a tooth fixed
only
: covers a couple of days, the flu for two weeks, after that I got
nothin'
: Give a guy break and let us know next time you take off to go
fishin'.

Sorry, John, I forgot to tell you that I told the boss that deT was
busy doing research. Some research that was too. Did you see the mud
on his boots when he got back? He came straight to the office from
his, er, research trip, so I saw those boots. Good thing I didn't
tell the boss that the research was about finding the best fishing
spots. ;-)

Welcome back, deT. We missed you.

Lois

John Riggs

Jun 10, 2005, 1:47:13 AM6/10/05
I want pictures!

"Lois" <auto-ne...@wordsweave.com> wrote in message

Lois

Jun 10, 2005, 2:17:43 AM6/10/05
Lois wrote in part:
: | Did you see the mud

: | on his boots when he got back? He came straight to the office
from
: | his, er, research trip, so I saw those boots. Good thing I didn't
: | tell the boss that the research was about finding the best
fishing
: | spots. ;-)

"John Riggs" responded:
: I want pictures!

OK, OK. Here you are. :-)

http://tinyurl.com/c6wtl

Lois

Kevin G. Rhoads

Jun 10, 2005, 1:25:58 PM6/10/05
Proof positive, deT is a real engineer.

(You can tell a real engineer by the mud on his boots.
(The theory guys never leave the pavement.))

deT notsuH

Jun 10, 2005, 4:19:25 PM6/10/05
(Hey. How come I can't see your posts except when I go to Google???)

Meanwhile, "mud" is the wrong word. I'm a pig farmer, and thems
some of the best slop in town that I'm a wearin'. Yeppers. Me
and the piggies. SooooooOOOOOOeeeeEEEEEE! :@)

John Riggs

Jun 10, 2005, 9:27:42 PM6/10/05
I thought he was researching FISH not mud. Where's the fish?

"Lois" <auto-ne...@wordsweave.com> wrote in message

Lois

Jun 11, 2005, 2:43:48 PM6/11/05
"deT notsuH" wrote:
: (Hey. How come I can't see your posts except when I go to
Google???)

Well, I did tell people how to block particular posters. ;-)

But [sob] I didn't think that you'd [sob] ... that isn't really it,
is it? No, of course not. Someone's gotta post these photos for you.
:-)

: Meanwhile, "mud" is the wrong word. I'm a pig farmer, and thems

: some of the best slop in town that I'm a wearin'. Yeppers. Me
: and the piggies. SooooooOOOOOOeeeeEEEEEE! :@)

I found a photo of one of them here: http://tinyurl.com/cqf87 . Now I
see why your boots got so, er, colourful. ;-)

: > Lois wrote in part:

: > : | Did you see the mud
: > : | on his boots when he got back? He came straight to the office
from
: > : | his, er, research trip, so I saw those boots. Good thing I
didn't
: > : | tell the boss that the research was about finding the best
fishing
: > : | spots. ;-)

The boss was very impressed with your research report, BTW. In fact,
you have a new expense account as a result. You can see your
personalized business credit card at http://tinyurl.com/dck4j .

Lois

Lois

Jun 11, 2005, 2:44:13 PM6/11/05
"John Riggs" wrote:
: I thought he was researching FISH not mud. Where's the fish?

You said fish. I said that the mud was evidence of his, er, research
into fish. He said that the mud wasn't mud and was from his other
profession as a pig farmer.

There's something fishy about all of this. I sure hope the newsgroup
boss isn't reading this thread. ;-)

Lois

Lois

Jun 11, 2005, 2:46:11 PM6/11/05
"deT notsuH" wrote:
: I'm a pig farmer, and thems

: some of the best slop in town that I'm a wearin'. Yeppers. Me
: and the piggies. SooooooOOOOOOeeeeEEEEEE! :@)

[Drum roll...] I just came across some pig jokes that I don't
remember seeing here before. As for why I'd be surprised that I
hadn't seen them before, look at who I'm responding to. :-)

Lois
------

1. What rolls in the mud and delivers pretty baskets?

The Easter Piggy.

2. What do you call a laundromat for pigs?

The Hogwash!

3. Why did the three little pigs fall asleep every time Grandpa told
stories?

Because he was a boar.

4. How did the farmer know the fox was stealing eggs?

The pig squealed on him.

5. Why doesn't anyone want to play on Peg Pig's football team?

Because she hogs the ball.

6. What is Pete Pig's favourite position on his baseball team?

Shortslop.

7. What did the sow put on her piglet's sore snout?

Oinkment.

8. What do piglets do after school?

Hamwork!

9. What did Farmer Joe give Farmer Jill for her birthday?

Hogs and kisses!

10. What kind of party were Mr. and Mrs. Hog invited to?

A swine & cheese party.

11. What did the pig say when the mean old farmer grabbed him by the
tail?

This is the end of me!