OT - BBQ Season

Lizzy

Apr 1, 2006, 5:35:58 PM4/1/06
After 4 long months of cold and winter, we are finally coming up to
summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory
on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking, as it's the only type
of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of
danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are
put into motion:
Routine...

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes
dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along
with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man
who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:
4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
More routine....

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He
thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with
the situation.
Important again:

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
More routine.....

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, and
sauces and brings them to the table.

9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:

10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon
seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing
some women...

Pam

Apr 1, 2006, 6:01:29 PM4/1/06
Oh God, why is that so funny? It's just true. Thanks, Lizzy!
Hugs,
Pam

Marvin The Paranoid Android

Apr 1, 2006, 6:35:21 PM4/1/06

I BBQ'd tonight.

Tossed a bunch of mini-potatoes (coated with olive oil, rosemary and
GARLIC powder) in our new convection toaster oven (it's huge -- I love
it), put together a platter of raw veggies and dip, BBQ'd 3 center-cut
pork chops, 2 portebello mushrooms (marinate in soy sauce and GARLIC
powder) and warmed up a BBQ'd chicken breast from the night before.

Oh -- and some warmed up kernal corn.

I was gonna do a garden salad but thought -- tomorrow night.

<puts_hand_to_ear_to_listen_for_applause> ;-)

You in chat tonight??

Cheers!

-- Marvie

Anne D.

Apr 1, 2006, 6:54:02 PM4/1/06

"Marvin The Paranoid Android" <marvinparanoi...@gmail.com> wrote
in message news:h8EXf.4157$u15.6...@news20.bellglobal.com...>

> I BBQ'd tonight.
>
> Tossed a bunch of mini-potatoes (coated with olive oil, rosemary and
> GARLIC powder) in our new convection toaster oven (it's huge -- I love
> it), put together a platter of raw veggies and dip, BBQ'd 3 center-cut
> pork chops, 2 portebello mushrooms (marinate in soy sauce and GARLIC
> powder) and warmed up a BBQ'd chicken breast from the night before.
>
> Oh -- and some warmed up kernal corn.
>
> I was gonna do a garden salad but thought -- tomorrow night.
>
> <puts_hand_to_ear_to_listen_for_applause> ;-)
>
> You in chat tonight??
>
> Cheers!
>
> -- Marvie

Will you marry me?

AnneDHungryNow

Cuckoo1

Apr 1, 2006, 8:41:49 PM4/1/06

"Anne D." <annedATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in message

> "Marvin The Paranoid Android" <marvinparanoi...@gmail.com> wrote
> >> Tossed a bunch of mini-potatoes (coated with olive oil, rosemary and
>> GARLIC powder) in our new convection toaster oven (it's huge -- I love
>> it), put together a platter of raw veggies and dip, BBQ'd 3 center-cut
>> pork chops, 2 portebello mushrooms (marinate in soy sauce and GARLIC
>> powder) and warmed up a BBQ'd chicken breast from the night before.
>>

> Will you marry me?

I was wondering if he had a brother.
Anne, we can share. ;)

Cuckoo1

Apr 1, 2006, 8:42:25 PM4/1/06
Thanks Lizzy!
I emailed this to DH...mebbe he'll get a clue.
xoxo,
Cat

bluecobra

Apr 1, 2006, 9:00:50 PM4/1/06
Uh huh.
Psssttt, there are some men that actually do everything from buying the food
all the way to plating it and serving it up at the dinner table.
In fact, I'm going to do a 'SloMoBBQ' ebook in about a month or two.
Yes, really, I'm serious.
I'm learning how to do websites and stuff right now, bought myself a course.
This is so fun too btw.
..no, no april fool's joke either this time.

Exhibit A: Slow Cooked BBQ Baby back ribs on sunday march 26.
Exhibit B: Slow Cooked BBQ pulled pork on hard rolls on saturday march 18

Next step? I'm thinking of BBQ'd split chicken breasts, haveta think about
this one.

One more thing, I'm thinking of doing some BBQ'd lamb. Should the sauce
(which is my own homemade receipe btw) be different from the one I've been
using for beef/pork? If so, why?

Thanks!

"Lizzy" <diz...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lizzy

Apr 1, 2006, 10:11:00 PM4/1/06

bluecobra wrote:
> Uh huh.
> Psssttt, there are some men that actually do everything from buying the food
> all the way to plating it and serving it up at the dinner table.
> In fact, I'm going to do a 'SloMoBBQ' ebook in about a month or two.
> Yes, really, I'm serious.

Hahahahahahahahah

I'm learning how to do websites and stuff right now, bought myself a
course.
> This is so fun too btw.
> ..no, no april fool's joke either this time.
>
> Exhibit A: Slow Cooked BBQ Baby back ribs on sunday march 26.
> Exhibit B: Slow Cooked BBQ pulled pork on hard rolls on saturday march 18

Well I was not invited, so your exhibit's don't mean *&%#

> Next step? I'm thinking of BBQ'd split chicken breasts, haveta think about
> this one.

WHAT'S THERE TO THINK ABOUT?

> One more thing, I'm thinking of doing some BBQ'd lamb. Should the sauce
> (which is my own homemade receipe btw) be different from the one I've been
> using for beef/pork? If so, why?

Are you using lamb or mutton? Leg? Deboned? or bone it?

No lamb is not cooked the same way as beef/pork. Specially if you're
not using dry-rub - and for God sake don't overcook it. Nothing worse
then lamb well done.

And you better have some mint jelly or I aint coming!

Thanks!
> Thanks, my foot, you'll get the bill in the mail and my advise is not cheap!

Cuckoo1

Apr 1, 2006, 10:34:09 PM4/1/06
I want to proofread the book.
;-)
xoxo

"bluecobra" <bluecobra@*noSpam-O*intergate.com> wrote in message

bluecobra

Apr 1, 2006, 11:01:32 PM4/1/06
you can buy it and proofread it to your heart's content.
double ' ;o) '
*muah*

"Cuckoo1" <cuc...@laughingcomcast.net> wrote in message

Cap'n 321

Apr 1, 2006, 11:11:03 PM4/1/06
Hey ...

I'd really like to see your recipe for the slow cooked baby backs.

Larry

---
2m 4w 8:07 smoke-free, 1,574 cigs not smoked, $303.00 saved, 5d 11:10
life saved

Cuckoo1

Apr 2, 2006, 10:23:09 AM4/2/06

"Cap'n 321" <lawrence...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Hey ...
>
> I'd really like to see your recipe for the slow cooked baby backs.

OMG! You cook babies??????

Lynn

Apr 2, 2006, 10:48:10 AM4/2/06
I love them done this way. next time Marv try adding a bit of onion salt and
paprika as well in the mix. yummy! even very good on chicken

--
:) Lynn <---DOF Leaper
Smokers are a dying breed

"Marvin The Paranoid Android" <marvinparanoi...@gmail.com> wrote

in message news:h8EXf.4157$u15.6...@news20.bellglobal.com...

>> Tossed a bunch of mini-potatoes (coated with olive oil, rosemary and
> GARLIC powder) in our new convection toaster oven

> Cheers!
>
> -- Marvie

bluecobra

Apr 2, 2006, 11:27:07 AM4/2/06
I'm going to set up a website to take email addresses for subscribing to the
mailing list until the ebook comes out. I'll have an OT post in here when I
get the site up.
The subscribers will receive notifications on status of the ebook, when it
will come out...etc. It will ask that you send any questions or suggestions
you might have...etc.
I'll be more specific later on.

Thx!

"Cap'n 321" <lawrence...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

bluecobra

Apr 2, 2006, 12:04:26 PM4/2/06
Thx Mike! That was quite useful.

BTW, my 'slomobbq' is actually slowcooking meats in a sauce in a crockpot,
so you can have bbq dinners year round.
Yeah, yeah, I know it's not a 'true' BBQ but I'll have tips and tricks that
deal with those 'issues'. Propane torch anyone? ;o)

"Mike M" <mikemc...@mindless.com> wrote in message
>I use a bones less leg of lamb marinated in extra zesty italian
> sauce, sherry, worsteshire sauce, garlic and fresh rosemary. I
> usually marinate a minimum of 24 hours. I cut it into meal sizes
> before marinating so I can vacuum pack and freeze that which I won't
> be eating. I sear it on both sides than pull it off the coals and let
> it just slow cook. Ummm might have to take one out of the freezer
> this morning.
> Mike M who BBQ's year round.

jsteam

Apr 2, 2006, 12:42:34 PM4/2/06

you forgot:

(3) Man kills steer and brings to woman for cleaning and preparation; woman
makes cuts of beef.

bluecobra

Apr 2, 2006, 1:17:36 PM4/2/06
"jsteam" <fft...@main.com> wrote in message

No, I left that out intentionally. I live in NY, not Texas, so I don't have
the privilege of 'browsing' for my choice steer.

Besides, I wouldnt trust my woman to clean a steer if my life depended on
it.

:D

earthklink

Apr 2, 2006, 1:37:20 PM4/2/06

"Cuckoo1" <cuc...@laughingcomcast.net> wrote in message

Apparently, just parts of them.

jsteam

Apr 2, 2006, 3:38:39 PM4/2/06
bluecobra <bluecobra@*nospam-o*intergate.com> penned.wrote.stated:

lololol

: No, I left that out intentionally. I live in NY, not Texas, so I don't have