gonna try to quit tommorroe

已查看 3 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

sjackson

未读,
2005年1月16日 08:54:242005/1/16
收件人
But I'm not very confident. I have the patches and I'll put one on tonight.
Any good resources for how to quit on the net? I belong to quitnet but I
need something that will help me tommorrow. Thanks.

jojoman

未读,
2005年1月16日 10:30:522005/1/16
收件人
I'm quitting tomorrow as well.. I'm signed up at quitnet and also with
a program in my home state.. I guess they're supposed to call and
encourage me or something. I've been on zyban for two weeks as of
tomorrow and will also use the patch (14mg) for the first week or so...
and i've got gum back up. I tried to quit 2mos. ago and made it 3
weeks then stressed out. I'm hoping the zyban will curb that aspect.
Good luck.

Lynn Hefler

未读,
2005年1月16日 11:07:012005/1/16
收件人
Welcome to AS3. we will be here tomorrow when you need us. :) lynn

"sjackson" <sjac...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

Lynn Hefler

未读,
2005年1月16日 11:11:562005/1/16
收件人
welcome to you too Jojo! let us know how we can help :) lynn

"jojoman" <jjr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Crystal Jelly

未读,
2005年1月16日 11:26:062005/1/16
收件人
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:54:24 GMT, "sjackson"
<sjac...@columbus.rr.com> sputtered out the following:

>>But I'm not very confident. I have the patches and I'll put one on tonight.
>>Any good resources for how to quit on the net? I belong to quitnet but I
>>need something that will help me tommorrow. Thanks.

First off.......you gotta WANT to quit.

"Believe and act as if it is impossible to fail."

"NAR's celebrate with milestones--not gravestones."

sarahc

未读,
2005年1月16日 11:26:162005/1/16
收件人
keep posting when you need it and you'll be able to while away HOURS
reading back posts - well, I did and still do. All good motivational
stuff which has kept me on the straight'n' narrow!! Good luck!

sarah
6M 3W 4D 18 hours and so on..

Crystal Jelly

未读,
2005年1月16日 11:35:182005/1/16
收件人
On 16 Jan 2005 07:30:52 -0800, "jojoman"
<jjr...@yahoo.com> sputtered out the following:

HEY YOU!!!!
Good to see you finally made it here....

HEY EVERYONE...I *KNOW* THIS GUY!!
Okay...kinda ;-D He lives in Green Bay!!

You know how to get here and get to me as well as all
those other sites I gave you. Be sure to keep posting
and let us all know how things are going and if you
need any help okay hon??

Crystal :D

BessieBee

未读,
2005年1月16日 14:07:442005/1/16
收件人
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:54:24 GMT, "sjackson"
<sjac...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

No quit will be successful with the attitude "but I'm not very
confident." Sounds like you have the physical tools to start your
quit, but you also MUST have the mental discipline to stay quit.

If tonight is your last smoke be sure to destroy any smokes you have
left (flush them down the toilet or give them a nice soaking shower in
the sink-make them completely useless) toss your lights, destroy all
matches, etc. Throw away all ashtrays. Just get rid of everything
that will enable you to smoke. Getting past that first smoke of the
morning will be a tough one, but you can do it.

Check out http://www.quitbuddies.org/ and get yourself a meter. Most
of the meters here are from http://www.silkquit.org/

Visit here as much as necessary, post here as much as necessary and
always remember that you CAN do it.

Welcome to this great group of quitters!

BessieBee

I've been smober Three months, two weeks, three days, 22 hours, 7
minutes and 31 seconds. That's 6535 cigarettes not smoked, saving
$817.22. Life saved to spend with my (way in the future)
grandchildren: 3 weeks, 1 day, 16 hours, 35 minutes.

BessieBee

未读,
2005年1月16日 14:09:042005/1/16
收件人

jojoman,

See my response to sjackson, above. Same advice to you.

Your best tool is your mental resolves to NEVER smoke another
cigarette. You CAN do it.

BessieBee

I've been smober Three months, two weeks, three days, 22 hours, 9
minutes and 3 seconds. That's 6535 cigarettes not smoked, saving
$817.23. Life saved to spend with my (way in the future)

sportsfan

未读,
2005年1月16日 15:51:072005/1/16
收件人
Good luck to the two of you new quitters, the more the merrier,
remember lots of water, exercise, something to suck or eat,
and lots of determination, concentration and motivation. Lastly
smoking is not an option unless three AS3 members give
written permission for you to smoke.
Stay strong
Richard

"jojoman" <jjr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

BessieBee

未读,
2005年1月16日 16:37:472005/1/16
收件人
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:51:07 +0200, "sportsfan" <big...@icon.co.za>
wrote:

>Lastly smoking is not an option unless three AS3 members give
>written permission for you to smoke.
>Stay strong
>Richard

Hmmm... I thought 6 members had to give written permission. You also
forgot to mention that the required permission slip can be found at
http://www.quitbuddies.org/

BessieBee

I've been smober Three months, two weeks, four days, 37 minutes and 42
seconds. That's 6541 cigarettes not smoked, saving $818.01. Life saved
to spend with my (way in the future) grandchildren: 3 weeks, 1 day, 17
hours, 5 minutes.

Stardust

未读,
2005年1月16日 21:31:332005/1/16
收件人
Hi there sjackson! Welcome to the group. There is a lot of good info here
for you to quit with. Read lots of the posts here. Get to know folks here.
They well be your quit buddies. And we are all in the same boat. So, grab
a paddle and steer straight ahead on the river of a smoke-free life. You
can do it.
hugs
Betty

--
hubby's quit date: Dec 23/04

"sjackson" <sjac...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

Stardust

未读,
2005年1月16日 21:33:582005/1/16
收件人
Hi jojoman. Welcome to the group to you too!!!

Same thing I said in the previous post. You can do it!

hugs
Betty

--
hubby's quit date: Dec 23/04

"jojoman" <jjr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

sportsfan

未读,
2005年1月17日 02:52:472005/1/17
收件人

"BessieBee" <bess...@idontsmokeanymore.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:51:07 +0200, "sportsfan" <big...@icon.co.za>
> wrote:
>
> >Lastly smoking is not an option unless three AS3 members give
> >written permission for you to smoke.
> >Stay strong
> >Richard
>
> Hmmm... I thought 6 members had to give written permission. You also
> forgot to mention that the required permission slip can be found at
> http://www.quitbuddies.org/

Hi Bessie
I've never been one for bureaucracy, if you need six people to give
permission so be it. I don't think you stand a chance of getting
one person from this n.g. to give permission they're very funny
about that type of thing here. They can be very miserable and
strong in their convictions when someone mentions they would
like a smoke.
Now where did I put my lighter ?
;>))
Richard

Manuela

未读,
2005年1月17日 04:41:212005/1/17
收件人
Congrats on your decision!!! I guess Crystal already told you to read
alot, and post alot here :) It really helps bigtime!!! :)

Manuela

Manuela

未读,
2005年1月17日 04:41:202005/1/17
收件人
http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/start.htm

helped me bigtime in the beginning. also

http://www.cognitivequitting.com/

is good IMO.

I find it hard to tell whether a quit will succeed or not. I was not
very confident either, I think. And now I just *know* smoking is over
for me. It is not like I have no more cravings (1M+1W), but I get them,
and I *know* I wont answer with smoking.

I wish you a successful quit! Living without cigs is SOOOOO good, it is
totally worth the inconvenience in the beginning!

Manuela

rosie readandpost

未读,
2005年1月17日 09:57:422005/1/17
收件人
yup!
this is a GREAT source for learning all about quitting smoking!
stick around!

--
rosie

"sjackson" <sjac...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

: But I'm not very confident. I have the patches and I'll put one

:
:

Kimberly

未读,
2005年1月17日 13:05:582005/1/17
收件人
That's a great way to think of it, Manuela. Just don't answer the phone
when nicodemon calls.

--
Kimberly
DOF + HOF

"Manuela" <mcoscra...@spd.unizh.ch> wrote in message

sjack

未读,
2022年1月17日 17:53:082022/1/17
收件人
17 years ago. I don't even think about them now but it took decades for me to finally quit. For those of you still struggling all I can say is: You can do it.
0 个新帖子