what does cisgendered stand for anyway ...

Celeste

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

Xsqueeze me please:

I know I have been ignoring political boohaha for so long ...

I never have known what

cis stands for when people write

cisgendered

Definition?

Explanation?

TLAs (three letter acronyms - the bane of existence)

Celeste

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

Who in their right mind would pay attention to much of any thing according
to the gospel or otherwise of L. M. Blasters, the blatherer? My imaginary
visions of LMB tend toward nightmares of remembering Ruby Rodd ...

Thanks ...

I think I will start calling myself cisgendered ...

Celeste

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

So why did NASA call them "translunar injection burn" during the Apollo
missions?

So are you also saying that LMB is a translunatic? (grin)

In conclusion, lets see, I am cisgendered, transsexed (note past tense), and
loving every minute of it.

Beth

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

CIS... WOW!, <slapping forehead and exclaiming "I could have had a
V-8..." >
You're right. That just triggered memories of my high school Latin and
Ceasar's Commentaries on the Gallic Wars, as in CisAlpine Gaul and
TransAlpine Gaul.

Beth
DEWynne...@msn.com remove nospam to reply

che...@cruzio.com wrote in message <357dc3ad...@cnews.newsguy.com>...

>On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:31:39 -0700, "Celeste"
><celestes...@usa.net> wrote:
>
>>I never have known what
>>cis stands for when people write
>>cisgendered
>>
>>Definition?
>>
>>Explanation?
>>

>Obviously you've not been paying attention to the Gospel according to
>Blake. Cis- is a Latin prefix meaning "on this side" or, less
>correctly, "near", as opposed to trans-, Latin for "across" or
>"through". I think Ms Blasters confuses the term to mean "unary" in
>this context, as in a person of a single gender. But WTFDIK? I'm not
>a Blake scholar. I think the whole theory is cislunatic.

Celeste

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

You didn't get it. I was trying to make point.

I have always been one gender, so I must be cisgendered.

It was only the sex that needed a little touch up work.

Hence Me:

cisgendered
transsexed ...

Aahhhh

RosePress

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Dear Celeste,

>cisgendered

The explanation is actually -- Celestial. "Translunar" space is space beyond
the orbit of the moon. "Cislunar" is inside the orbit of the moon. So if dey
aint Trans, dey must be Cis, no?

Hugs -- Ellen Rose

Free Willy!

T. E. Kallandra

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Celeste (celestes...@usa.net) wrote:
> Xsqueeze me please:
> I know I have been ignoring political boohaha for so long ...
> I never have known what
> cis stands for when people write
> cisgendered
> Definition?
> Explanation?

In molecular biology, the _cis_ version of a molecule twists
in one direction, the _trans_ version twists the other. The
same elements, but slightly different geometries. This is
generally only a big deal in life sciences. Consider
dextrose and laevulose: same sugar, different twist.

Which brings us to the subject of crullers.....

Theoni

Mrs. Butkus

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

In <michelle-ya0240800...@nntp.best.com>,
mich...@michelle.org (Michelle Steiner) wrote:

>If I understand Laura Blake correctly, "Cis" supposedly means the same, so
>if someone is cisgendered, hir gender is the same as hir sex.

Laura attributes the term "cisgendered" (meaning non-transgendered) to
an FTM named Carl Buijs who she says originated the term in a
newsgroup discussion in late 1995. However, you will see occasional
references to it in earlier medical literature, so I don't know who
really thunk it up. Somehow, although it makes sense, it doesn't have
a "ring" to it in my mind. But words are not my forte -- in fact, I
don't know what my forte is and have about given up looking for it.

arb

inix...@postoffice.worldnet.att.net

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Celeste <celestes...@usa.net> wrote in article
<6lk9jc$cck$1...@gte1.gte.net>...

> Xsqueeze me please:
>
> I know I have been ignoring political boohaha for so long ...
>
> I never have known what
>
> cis stands for when people write
>
> cisgendered
>

> Definition?
>
> Explanation?

It comes from the Latin, as in Gaul Cisalpinae, meaning middle. So a
person who is cisgendered is transgendered or ts.

Sallyanne

Karen Ross

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

che...@cruzio.com wrote in article <357dc3ad...@cnews.newsguy.com>...

> Obviously you've not been paying attention to the Gospel according to
> Blake. Cis- is a Latin prefix meaning "on this side" or, less
> correctly, "near", as opposed to trans-, Latin for "across" or
> "through".

Gee, I guess that makes most folks cissies! :-)

-- Kare

Karen Ross

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

T. E. Kallandra <tk...@baluga.maximumaccess.com> wrote in article
<6lkok9$p5d$1...@narwhal.maximumaccess.com>...

> Which brings us to the subject of crullers.....

Now you're on to something....

-- Kare

Jdhart999

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Wow! Some of you are really deep!

Joanne

I'm talking about between the ears, NOT between the legs for goodness sake.

Dale Elisabeth A.

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

mich...@michelle.org (Michelle Steiner) writes:

> In article <35892271...@news.mindspring.com>, mrsb...@aol.com (Mrs.
> Butkus) wrote:
>
> >arb
>
> I thought that it was Eunice; which should make it eb, not arb.

Looks like Andrea is forging Mrs. Butkus's email address again... i
wonder what the good Missus will have to say about that? <giggle>

- D Liz

Karen Ross

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Jdhart999 <jdha...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199806101413...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> I'm talking about between the ears, NOT between the legs for goodness
sake.

I think, all-in-all, I'd have been a bit happier to have been able to trade
some of the former for some of the latter. :-)

-- Kare

Celeste

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Rent the movie Fifth Element sometime, Cheryl.

<3590ae0e...@cnews.newsguy.com>...