forums, CBT, drugs don't cure anxiety, ever!

tom rog

Aug 4, 2004, 8:26:09 AM8/4/04

CBT is bullshit it buys into our compulsiveness, you can't think your way
out of anxiety because your brains fucked up.

drugs also buy into our compulisiveness, it has been proved SSRI's don't
work as new evidence has come to light recently with PAXIL. you may as
well throw your money down the toilet. If thay do work why are people on
them for years on end and continue to complain on these forums about their
anxiety?

most psychologists are weirdos they know nothing, avoid these dodgy people
at all costs (these people usually have issues of their own which is why
they chose psychology in the first place)

forums don't help, only to make us more obsessed with anxiety.

get good sleep
do the things you enjoy
avoid stress as much as possible
stop talking about anxiety
don't beat yourself up over your illness
stay busy

your brain will get back to normal

severesocialanxiety

Aug 4, 2004, 3:20:55 PM8/4/04
"tom rog" <welltra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<f554f53faaa5ec7e...@localhost.talkaboutsupport.com>...

This is true for most people. Mysself, my anxiety is still here. The
drugs do nothing>>>>>>>>>>>....jjjjjjJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJjjjjjjjjJJJJJjjJJJJJjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Tom

Aug 4, 2004, 3:52:24 PM8/4/04
#1, u are uninformed.
2) psychiatrists are what u are talking about, not psychologists.
psychologists are not doctors and cannot prescribe medicine.
3) anxiety will not go away and there is no cure, no doctor in the
world says that drugs will cure the illness, they say that it will
relieve the symptoms.
4) do you have social anxiety because it seems like u are incredibly
ignorant.

Tom

Aug 4, 2004, 3:54:06 PM8/4/04
psychologists cannot prescribe medication like that. u must be
thinking of psychiatrists which leads to how uninformed you are.

anxiety is a chemical inbalance in the brain that will not simply go
away with time.

No doctor in the world says that any drug will cure anxiety, they say
that they will relieve the symptoms.

you obviously dont have anxiety or have never been to a doctor because
then you would have known the difference between psychologists and
psychiatrists.

Tom

Aug 4, 2004, 3:54:18 PM8/4/04

Tom

Aug 4, 2004, 4:19:54 PM8/4/04

Otto Ramone

Aug 5, 2004, 2:04:33 AM8/5/04

"tom rog" <welltra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Paxil has helped me significantly, and CBT is baloney. RET is far superior,
and one can do it themself.

Justin

Aug 5, 2004, 7:17:48 AM8/5/04
RET? That's a new one to me.

"Otto Ramone" <tryin...@NOSPAMprodigy.net> wrote in message

richard

Aug 6, 2004, 4:50:13 AM8/6/04
Justin wrote:
> RET? That's a new one to me.

Perhaps it is Renal Embolism Therapy

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Renal+Embolism+therapy&btnG=Search&meta=

Or maybe it is Rational Emotive Therapy

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=ret+therapy&btnG=Search&meta=

Oh BTW RET is a form of CBT

Richard :)

tom rog

Aug 12, 2004, 4:13:14 AM8/12/04
what the hell, i never said psychologists prescribe medication! i don't
know where you got that from, and i wish i was ignorant !!

tom rog

Aug 12, 2004, 4:17:39 AM8/12/04
nah ret it is the same as CBT it gets you to challenge your belief system,
but this is wrong becuase how come you wake up refresed some mornings with
no anxiety or you meet someone upexpectantly in the street and you feel
normal with no anxiety, even if for a short time, yourbelief systems
havent changed! you still have the same attitude but your just havent been
in the anxiety frame of mind.

On the paxil issue it has been found that the company has been fudging the
trials of the drug to show that it is effective when it works the same as
a placebo!

tom rog

Aug 12, 2004, 4:20:22 AM8/12/04
i've read about 10 of albert ellises books and did the homework, he is a
very smart man and may help depression....maybe but even he admits in a
few books that ret is very effective in anxiety........unfortunatley, i
thought it would work too

fc045

Aug 24, 2004, 10:06:07 AM8/24/04
is albert ellis' work related to that guy of the "feel good" mood
therapy(Dr. Burns?) I read like 15 years ago?
I could never get myself to do those dumb exercises of writing percentages
down recording how much
certain beliefs were challenged or proven or unproven etc.

totally agree SSRI's don't work. I think most pscyhotherapists and social
workers are scammers with no other career prospects trying to feel justified
at least their bs field is written about in some journals. Psychiatrists I
feel are only qualified to prescribe a lobotomy. Medical science,
"pschiatry" and "psychology" still don't know anything except theories on
how to indentify basic animal hormone induced needs to eat and have sex,
identify a retarded person and/or potentially dangerous mentally disturbed
persons needing paperwork to send to "secure" intsitutions.

"tom rog" <welltra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

severesocialanxiety

Aug 30, 2004, 3:33:46 PM8/30/04
"fc045" <fc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<jXHWc.11578$3O3....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> is albert ellis' work related to that guy of the "feel good" mood
> therapy(Dr. Burns?) I read like 15 years ago?
> I could never get myself to do those dumb exercises of writing percentages
> down recording how much
> certain beliefs were challenged or proven or unproven etc.
>
> totally agree SSRI's don't work. I think most pscyhotherapists and social
> workers are scammers with no other career prospects trying to feel justified
> at least their bs field is written about in some journals. Psychiatrists I
> feel are only qualified to prescribe a lobotomy. Medical science,
> "pschiatry" and "psychology" still don't know anything except theories on
> how to indentify basic animal hormone induced needs to eat and have sex,
> identify a retarded person and/or potentially dangerous mentally disturbed
> persons needing paperwork to send to "secure" intsitutions.

i agree

adam....@googlemail.com

Jan 24, 2014, 9:16:44 AM1/24/14
But when i had anxiety ssri's helped me? Your just one person with one opinion! There's a reason medication is available and no im not a psychiatrist or psychologist.

SSRI did not solve the problems but they reduced the anxiety while I did self help and saw a counselor which did solve the problems.

Regards,
Adam