Nail Fungus

aldocp-RR

Jul 21, 2002, 11:25:07 PM7/21/02
Nail fungus, both of the hands and feet, is difficult if not impossible to
treat. Has anyone had success with any treatment for nail fungus? I am
looking for information about topical medication, that is, medication that
is applied to the nail itself.

David Carnell`

Jul 22, 2002, 7:38:36 AM7/22/02
CURING BEDSORES

My wife has severe dementia and is bedridden after strokes. She was
developing incipient bed sores. I spiked the zinc oxide ointment the
caregivers were using with 1% ethylene glycol. When the condition of her
bottom improved, I went to a dropper bottle of glycol. A drop of glycol on
any skin break cures it overnight. We no longer have any problems. I gave
you the punch line first to get your attention, now the story of how I arrived
at using ethylene glycol, the principal ingredient of auto antifreeze, to
effect this cure of a major problem for bedridden patients.
In the course of stabilizing wood with glycol I noted that glycol prevented
fungus growth on wood and mold growth in sugar solutions, and appeared to stop
wood rot. This encouraged me to try glycol antifreeze on my 50+ year old
case of toenail fungus accompanied by extensive skin blistering, peeling, and
even bleeding of the skin between the toes and on my feet. Almost 15 years
later the toenail fungus is well under control and I no longer have the least
bit of skin problem on my feet.
In the course of writing about preventing wood rot with glycol antifreeze I
mentioned its effect on toenail fungus as evidence of its toxicity to rot
organisms. Several have written to me of similar experience. A local
pedicurist told me my wife had fungus in her nails. I told her I would cure
it with antifreeze. Some weeks later she reported that she had several
clients using antifreeze on fungus with success.
An e-mail correspondent who read my writing on wood rot wrote that he had had
dishydrodic eczema for 7 years that his doctors had been unable to cure. He
tried antifreeze and got rid of it. My dermatologist told me it would be
illegal to prescribe antifreeze, but that if he had dishydrodic eczema he
would try it.
Another correspondent told me his lady friend had a “rot” on her hands that a
variety of prescription drugs had not cured. Skeptically, she tried
antifreeze and the condition cleared up. I have had balanophosphitis (similar
to diaper rash) on the inner surface of my foreskin and the end of my penis
for several years. My urologist recommended circumcision. When I rejected
that, he wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic ointment that he made
renewable 99 times. Daily from October 18 to
October 24, 1999, I treated the two areas with a drop of pure ethylene
glycol. The inflammation disappeared. I did no further treatment. My
urologist examined me November 29. I told him what I had done. He felt there
were residual traces, but it has been controlled with infrequent applications
of glycol.
Another correspondent wrote that he sweats a lot because of a thyroid
condition and had a severe odor problem (armpits and groin) that his doctor
told him was probably a fungal condition. A couple of applications of
antifreeze eliminated it.
I have made some attempts to get anyone with the resources to get FDA approval
to work on this. I offered it to the medical school of Tufts University with
no response. I do not want to sell the stuff or get any money from it; in
fact, the FDA would be after me if I tried to sell it. This is a bit similar
to the case of xylitol, which probably prevents ear infections in children. A

few months ago The Wall Street Journal reporting on that said: “Despite the
promise of the Finnish studies, there appears to be little effort to make
xylitol a regular treatment. It's inexpensive and not patented, so no
pharmaceutical company is motivated to develop xylitol products. ‘I don't
think you'll find a major drug manufacturer interested in committing a couple
hundred thousand dollars to study the benefit of xylitol for ear infections,’
says Jerome Klein, professor of pediatrics at Boston University School of
Medicine and one of the country's leading otitis media researchers. Dr. Klein
said he wanted to conduct his own studies of xylitol, but his funding request
was turned down by the Centers for Disease Control.”
I have used pure ethylene glycol because I had access to some. My
correspondents have all used ethylene glycol antifreeze that has a little dye
and some corrosion inhibitors in it. A quick Internet search turned up the
Science Alliance <http://www.sciencealliance.com> who offer 500ml. (~pint) of
laboratory grade EG for about $16 including shipping.
There you are; do as you will with the information.

Katrina

Jul 22, 2002, 11:29:32 AM7/22/02
I too had nail fungus. It was disgusting! Lucky for me I'm girl - I
can paint them. My nail fungus is gone. It about a year. I didn't any
topical or oral medication. All I did was changed my diet. I had a
hunch that I had a candida overgrowth. This caused a lot of problems.
Fungus, heartburn, gas, loss of energy... the list is long.

There are a lot of books out on the subject and there are plenty of
web sites. In a nut shell, I had to avoid all foods which fed the
candida in my body. Mainly, SUGAR (this includes fruit, juice, bread,
white rice--anything that will break down into sugar). It wasn't that
hard to get used to. I started feeling better immediately. I had more
evergy. I lost about 10 lbs., I never had heartburn and my toe nail
was growing in clear.

I know that everyone is different. Not all treatments work on all
people. You have to figure out what works for you. Good luck!

Katrina

sue

Jul 23, 2002, 3:48:12 PM7/23/02
i had a bad toenail fungal infection for many years...

i was amazed that a five-dollar topical product cleared it up in just a few
months. it was jason's nail saver (no fungus among us), and is available or
can be ordered from most health food stores.

hamza...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2015, 7:27:41 AM2/11/15
Nail Fungus
Nail fungus goes under several names. In technical terms it is often called Tinea unguium or Onychomycosis . Fungal infection of the nails occur fairly frequently and can affect the nails on both fingers and toes. Nail fungus is very common, affecting somewhere between 2-7% of the population. Risk factors include waterproof footwear, humidity, low immunity and increasing age.

How do Nail Fungus out?

There are several different types Nail fungus. Nail fungus usually begins edge of nails and spreads inward. Most commonly is gulig discoloration of the nails. Eventually nails become thickened, malformed and detach from the substrate. Nail fungus can also start deep under the cuticle.

What else could there be than Nail Fungus?

Not all nail disorders are fungal. It is important to differentiate fungal infection from other causes of nail changes as Psoriasis , injuries and bacterial infections (paronychia). Very many are confident that they have Nail fungus and undergo treatment for this, but this is not the cause.

How diagnosed Nail Fungus?

Before treating Nail fungus will have a definite diagnosis. This is done by taking a sample for cultivation.

Treatment of Nail Fungus

Treatment is basically not necessary, then the condition is harmless. Many still want treatment. Nail fungus generally processed with antifungal tablets. Tablets given 6-12 weeks depending on where the infection sitting. Only nail infections, at the mouth of the nails, can be treated with local therapy. Even with the best treatment there is no guarantee that one gets rid of the fungal infection.
See more at:->>> http://www.oslohudlegesenter.no/neglsopp-bid-83.html
http://www.oslohudlegesenter.no/