What is this group about?

joshrobert

May 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/22/00
I was just flicking through a few of the postings in this newsgroup thinking
that it would be nice to get in contact with a few people in the same
situation as myself. Thing is - it seems to me that most people posting are
engaged in some sort of 'slanging match'. My question is a simple one
.......... WHY?

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/22/00
joshrobert wrote:

Why ask why?

Karen

'Kate

May 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/22/00

"Karen Anderson O'Mara" <ka...@randomgraphics.com> wrote in message

Not to be argumentative but why not?

<g>
'Kate

jar

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
My point is that if people do not like other people in the
newgroup then surely they don't have to post messages to
them/read their postings. There are enough situations in life
where you are forced into ongoing arguments with people - why
join a newsgroup to do the same thing. I mean one girl was
saying that she had reported certain people in the newsgroup to
their employers! Doesn't that strike you as a trifle sad?

deacon blues

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
jar wrote:

> join a newsgroup to do the same thing. I mean one girl was
> saying that she had reported certain people in the newsgroup to
> their employers! Doesn't that strike you as a trifle sad?

that's not just this newsgroup where that kind of thing goes on.
there are a lot of crazies out there...

--
__ ______ __ / __/ |
_/ (_(_) / (_(_/_/_(_/ .

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
jar wrote:

> My point is that if people do not like other people in the
> newgroup then surely they don't have to post messages to
> them/read their postings. There are enough situations in life
> where you are forced into ongoing arguments with people - why

> join a newsgroup to do the same thing. I mean one girl was
> saying that she had reported certain people in the newsgroup to
> their employers! Doesn't that strike you as a trifle sad?

Since you don't know the whole story (and neither do I), and I'd like to assume
there's always two sides to every story, why would you want to exacerbate the
issue here on the newsgroup, and give it more depth? I mean, practice what you
preach, doubleduh. It certainly doesn't need the bandwidth, imo.

Karen

os...@techie.com

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
susaneva wrote:

> jar wrote:
> >
> > My point is that if people do not like other people in the
> > newgroup then surely they don't have to post messages to
> > them/read their postings. There are enough situations in life
> > where you are forced into ongoing arguments with people - why
> > join a newsgroup to do the same thing. I mean one girl was
> > saying that she had reported certain people in the newsgroup to
> > their employers! Doesn't that strike you as a trifle sad?
>

> Sad? Sad? Is that the best word you can come up with? She's tried to
> have several people fired from their jobs. Sorry, but that comes up as
> a little more than "sad" to my way of thinking. She's downright
> dangerous.

Stop spreading the lies Susan. I'm not the one who is dangerous here.

susaneva

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00

joshrobert wrote:

> I was just flicking through a few of the postings in this newsgroup thinking
> that it would be nice to get in contact with a few people in the same
> situation as myself. Thing is - it seems to me that most people posting are
> engaged in some sort of 'slanging match'. My question is a simple one
> .......... WHY?

why do you care, if you've decided not to be part of this group? And if
you want to be part of this group, why not post your
concern/dilemma/single parenting issue and we'll see what people come up
with. Don't decide you won't get any support here until that happens.
IF it happens.

susaneva

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
susaneva wrote:

> Sad? Sad? Is that the best word you can come up with? She's tried to
> have several people fired from their jobs. Sorry, but that comes up as
> a little more than "sad" to my way of thinking. She's downright
> dangerous.

Nobody can get anybody else fired from their job if they did nothing to
get fired for....

Karen

deacon blues

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
susaneva wrote:

> joshrobert wrote:
> >
> > I was just flicking through a few of the postings in this newsgroup thinking
> > that it would be nice to get in contact with a few people in the same
> > situation as myself. Thing is - it seems to me that most people posting are
> > engaged in some sort of 'slanging match'. My question is a simple one
> > .......... WHY?
>
> why do you care, if you've decided not to be part of this group?

because it's not for you to say who does and does not belong here.
for that matter, it's not for any of the other people who seem to
think of this newsgroup as their own private domain. i don't know
how many times that has to be repeated. if you, or others want your
own personal sandbox, then set up a PRIVATE mailing list.

don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Pat Strong

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
jar wrote:

> My point is that if people do not like other people in the
> newgroup then surely they don't have to post messages to
> them/read their postings. There are enough situations in life
> where you are forced into ongoing arguments with people - why
> join a newsgroup to do the same thing. I mean one girl was
> saying that she had reported certain people in the newsgroup to
> their employers! Doesn't that strike you as a trifle sad?

That is the point. Sorry Jar.. this hasn't been a problem for a while, but it
seems to have surfaced again... the trouble is the person who stirs the pot,
has just started up again....

Welcome and keep reading

Pat

deacon blues

May 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/23/00
Dennis Here wrote:

> Peter F. DeMos wrote in message <392B1C9E...@peterd.com>...

> >Karen Anderson O'Mara wrote:
> >
> >> Nobody can get anybody else fired from their job if they did nothing
> >> to get fired for....
> >
> >Spare me, Karen. You take this "I'm the middle roader" WAAAY too far...
>
> Look who's talking.
>
> >And it's nothing but cr*p. NO ONE wants, or should *have*, to explain
> >themselves to their boss, their spouse, ANYone, what one is doing on a
> >newsgroup.
>
> Peter, why not take your own advice and stop persistently explaining it to
> us.
>
> Where has it got you six months down the line?
> What do you hope to achieve?

from the various flames and off-topic postings that this peter guy
puts up, he comes across to me as being kind of disturbed. i mean,
anybody who says that he's gone out on dates with various women and
found them *all* to be selfish sounds to me like someone with a
problem.

in this fingerpointing exchange here, i don't know who to believe;
i suppose i don't really care enough to research the matter. however,
i've seen enough lies and misrepresentations of my postings on this
newsgroup to definitely be suspicious of anything that peterd posts.
at the very least postings such as these seem extremely petty. in
fact, the stuff about being interviewed by the fbi sounds pretty
far-fetched. i don't know what that was all about, but if he were
suspected of being some sort of pedophile (as, by the way, he has
accused *others* of being - see the thread "want a baby" to see what
i mean) i would have thought that they wouldn't have wanted to tip
their hand until they had a chance to collect some information (e.g.
from his isp or employer without his knowledge).

hey, i may not be a parent but from some of the people in this
newsgroup i'm learning a lot about child behavior. you know who
you are out there - now go get those census forms and increase
the number of children in the household by 1.

i can't say that i've had enough exchanges with lorian to have formed
an opinion about her.

Peter F. DeMos

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
Karen Anderson O'Mara wrote:

> Nobody can get anybody else fired from their job if they did nothing
> to get fired for....

Spare me, Karen. You take this "I'm the middle roader" WAAAY too far...

And it's nothing but cr*p. NO ONE wants, or should *have*, to explain
themselves to their boss, their spouse, ANYone, what one is doing on a
newsgroup.

I was doing nothing illegal, and yet I had to endure COUNTLESS emails to
my boss, my boss's isp, and ultimately calls to the FBI, where I had to
go be interviewed, and basically WARNED that this thing I'm playing with
is a snake, and very dangerous. Robbin had the same thing. And when Rob
stopped posting from her work account, and started posting privately?
That snake STILL contacted Rob's place of work, threatened them, and
said she felt threatened and it was Rob's fault, ergo IU was partly
responsible. D-E-S-P-I-C-A-B-L-E.

I have NEVER had the net taken into my living room in the manner that
this thing has. NO ONE should have to endure anything like that, just
because a person is so mentally disturbed that she'll try any way she
can to get someone fired, or arrested, just because she blames the
world, her "brief lay in the sack sperm donor", and her daddy for not
loving her enough.

The letters to my boss insisted on my being fired, or she'd bring "legal
action" against the isp and my company. When that fizzled, she brought
in the police and ultimately the FBI.

Now, she can DENY trying to get any of us fired, and you can SAY that
it's no.big.deal, but I think you're both....

Full.of.bull.

And obviously, 98% of the people around here agree. So go ahead and show
us how smart you are. Show us how "even" you are. I say: bull.

peterd
--The original peterd. Accept no Substitutes.--
http://www.peterd.com

Dennis Here

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

Peter F. DeMos wrote in message <392B1C9E...@peterd.com>...
>Karen Anderson O'Mara wrote:
>
>> Nobody can get anybody else fired from their job if they did nothing
>> to get fired for....
>
>Spare me, Karen. You take this "I'm the middle roader" WAAAY too far...

Look who's talking.

>And it's nothing but cr*p. NO ONE wants, or should *have*, to explain
>themselves to their boss, their spouse, ANYone, what one is doing on a
>newsgroup.

Peter, why not take your own advice and stop persistently explaining it to
us.

Where has it got you six months down the line?
What do you hope to achieve?

Any way I read it as Karen vindicating you by virtue of the fact that you
did NOT loose your job.

Get the blinkers off and lighten up a little.

Dennis

Julie

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

deacon blues wrote:

> susaneva wrote:
> >
> > joshrobert wrote:
> > >
> > > I was just flicking through a few of the postings in this newsgroup thinking
> > > that it would be nice to get in contact with a few people in the same
> > > situation as myself. Thing is - it seems to me that most people posting are
> > > engaged in some sort of 'slanging match'. My question is a simple one
> > > .......... WHY?
> >
> > why do you care, if you've decided not to be part of this group?
> >

> because it's not for you to say who does and does not belong here.
> for that matter, it's not for any of the other people who seem to
> think of this newsgroup as their own private domain. i don't know
> how many times that has to be repeated. if you, or others want your
> own personal sandbox, then set up a PRIVATE mailing list.
>
> don't let the door hit you on the way out...
>

> --
> __ ______ __ / __/ |
> _/ (_(_) / (_(_/_/_(_/ .
> be optimistic! you can win,
> as long as you keep, your head to the sky
> -the sounds of blackness

You close yet another reprimand about not being able to control who stays/goes with
way out..."
Is it somehow for you to say who does or doesn't belong here?

susan didn't command anyone to leave, she simply asked, as others have before her,
why a person stays when they claim this group is not what they expected or wanted.
The difference is not so subtle it can't be seen.

Julie

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
"Peter F. DeMos" wrote:

> And obviously, 98% of the people around here agree. So go ahead and show
> us how smart you are. Show us how "even" you are. I say: bull.

I post from work account and use my real name. It's real easy to identify
me, my employer, work address, etc.

On another newsgroup, about a year ago, a fellow subscriber got irked at
me, and contacted my employer. She masqueraded as a potential client and
schmoozed with my boss on the phone several times and finally turned the
conversation to his employees and their work skills and ethics.

Then, whammo, she went off about me harrassing and stalking her on Usenet.
Immediately, the fax machine went berserk with tons of hard copied postings
from me, in followup to her that she was fax'ing. My boss got emails that
insinuated all sorts of things that I made his company look bad, and his
equipment and computers were being used for harassment and stalking, and so
on.

My postings are an open book. My employer could see everything I posted. I
did nothing wrong, slandered no one, stalked no one, never used vulgar
language, and nothing had to be battled out that I did or didn't because
it's all here for everyone to see.

Anyway, that's only my point. That employers are liable and if we do
nothing wrong while on their clock, then there's nothing to explain.

That's how I see it. It has nothing to do with taking sides or being even
or anything. Of course, I did learn that I spend too much time posting when
I should be working... please don't turn me in, though.

Karen

surfing home

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

deacon blues wrote in message <392B390B...@ripco.com>...

>Dennis Here wrote:
>>
>> Peter F. DeMos wrote in message <392B1C9E...@peterd.com>...

>> >Spare me, Karen. You take this "I'm the middle roader" WAAAY too far...
>>
>> Look who's talking.
>>
>> >And it's nothing but cr*p. NO ONE wants, or should *have*, to explain
>> >themselves to their boss, their spouse, ANYone, what one is doing on a
>> >newsgroup.
>>
>> Peter, why not take your own advice and stop persistently explaining it
>> us.
>>
>> Where has it got you six months down the line?
>> What do you hope to achieve?
>>

>from the various flames and off-topic postings that this peter guy
>puts up, he comes across to me as being kind of disturbed. i mean,
>anybody who says that he's gone out on dates with various women and
>found them *all* to be selfish sounds to me like someone with a
>problem.

Well I can't blame peter for this (if he *did* say it)... 99.99% of people
ARE selfish...*me* included...

Dolores

Nick Curtis

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

"deacon blues" <ron...@ripco.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>

| from the various flames and off-topic postings that this
peter guy
| puts up, he comes across to me as being kind of disturbed.
i mean,
| anybody who says that he's gone out on dates with various
women and
| found them *all* to be selfish sounds to me like someone
with a
| problem.
|

| in this fingerpointing exchange here, i don't know who to
believe;
| i suppose i don't really care enough to research the
matter. however,
| i've seen enough lies and misrepresentations of my
postings on this
| newsgroup to definitely be suspicious of anything that
peterd posts.
| at the very least postings such as these seem extremely
petty. in
| fact, the stuff about being interviewed by the fbi sounds
pretty
| far-fetched. i don't know what that was all about, but if
he were
| suspected of being some sort of pedophile (as, by the way,
he has
| accused *others* of being - see the thread "want a baby"
to see what
| i mean) i would have thought that they wouldn't have
wanted to tip
| their hand until they had a chance to collect some
information (e.g.
| from his isp or employer without his knowledge).

<Snip some more>

HeHeHeHeHeHe

Hey there DB........

Is that a 'Petrol Can' I see in your hand...? AND matches
too ?

Tsk Tsk Tsk provocative......................

(You know this stuff has gotta stop cos my ribs is really
startin to hurt now........'Laughter' may well be the 'Best
Medicine' but I never knew you could Overdose on it......not
till this week....!!!)

ahhhh what the hell........

*CLICK*

susaneva

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

deacon blues wrote:

> susaneva wrote:
> >
> > joshrobert wrote:
> > >
> > > I was just flicking through a few of the postings in this newsgroup thinking
> > > that it would be nice to get in contact with a few people in the same
> > > situation as myself. Thing is - it seems to me that most people posting are
> > > engaged in some sort of 'slanging match'. My question is a simple one
> > > .......... WHY?
> >
> > why do you care, if you've decided not to be part of this group?
> >

> because it's not for you to say who does and does not belong here.

I didn't do any such thing. He complained about the "lack of support"
at the same time as admitting that he'd never posted here before. So I
simply asked why he cared if there's no support if he doesn't plan to be
part of the group.

Shannon_35

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

ronald aka deacon blues:

<snip>

hey, i may not be a parent but from some of the people in this newsgroup

-- <snip>

this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person
who has no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are parents.
can't seem to find the logic in that--- on top of this you are always
putting the people in this group down, so why you continue to post is
beyond me----- shannon

Kate Fairleigh

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
someone who shall remain nameless wrote:

>because it's not for you to say who does and does not belong here.

>for that matter, it's not for any of the other people who seem to
>think of this newsgroup as their own private domain. i don't know
>how many times that has to be repeated. if you, or others want your
>own personal sandbox, then set up a PRIVATE mailing list.

Gee, I thought we did that? Oh, but he wouldn't know, cuz he's not on it.
hehehehe

Kate (aka "Meaghan's Mom") KFairlei at AOL dot COM ICQ 6802119
Single mom, Registered Nurse, aspiring midwife
"Don't just live the length of your life, live the width of it as well."
--Diane Ackerman

jar

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
cuz he's not on it.
>hehehehe

This reply is not directed at all those who replyed to my
original posting but to those few who used as an excuse to slag
of someone they do not know.

In answer to the huge can of worms I seem to have opened I would
like to make a few things clear. Obviously I don't know the
full story and all I wanted was for someone to reply to let me
know whether this support group was used soley by the
psychotic! If it is (and from many of you replys that seems to
be the case) then I might just feel right at home.

Secondly 'he' (who is excluded from private mailing groups) is
actually a she! The name I am posting under is that of my son
who likes seeing his name on the net. Finally the huge debate
cuurently raging about whether or not I will be allowed to join
this little support group must be silenced. I am here to stay
and to utilse a phrase of my sons 'you can't stop me'

To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope this
one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in tearing
me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.

Didi

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Someone wrote:

>Secondly 'he' (who is excluded from private mailing groups) is actually a she!

The comment made by Kate was directed at Ronald -- our resident never married,
childless l00n who likes to stir up trouble.

>The name I am posting under is that of my son who likes seeing his name on the
net.

That's very nice for your son, but you might want to fill everyone else in on
what your name is -- it lends you much more credibility.

>Finally the huge debate cuurently raging about whether or not I will be
allowed to join
this little support group must be silenced. I am here to stay and to utilse a
phrase of my sons 'you can't stop me'

Noone is trying to stop you from joining -- you came into the ng with a very
provacative statement/question, and you got exactly what those kind of
questions prompt. Why don't you relax, stop being defensive, and start over by
introducing yourself and letting people in on what your particular
circumstances, as a single mother, are. You will get a lot more positive
feedback in return.

Furthermore, look up the FAQ, and you will get the answer to your original
question about what the purpose of this group is.

Didi
"A dead thing can go with a stream, only a living thing can go against it."
G.K. Chesterton

Didi

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Shannon so observantly questioned Ronald:

>this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person who has
no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are parents. can't seem to
find the logic in that--- on top of this you are always
putting the people in this group down, so why you continue to post is beyond
me----- shannon

He is a loser!! He actually considered having a child, purposefully, on his
own -- decided that it was better for him to NOT do it -- but now he wants to
criticize US because we have children. Sour grapes is all......

Peter F. DeMos

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
jar wrote, amongst other things:

> This reply is not directed at all those who replyed to my
> original posting but to those few who used as an excuse to slag
> of someone they do not know.

> In answer to the huge can of worms I seem to have opened I would
> like to make a few things clear. Obviously I don't know the
> full story and all I wanted was for someone to reply to let me
> know whether this support group was used soley by the
> psychotic!

I'll interject here. A friend of mine believes that some of the sickest
people on the net are attracted to the groups with "support" in their
title. Sadly, I have come to agree with her.

> If it is (and from many of you replys that seems to
> be the case) then I might just feel right at home.

You'll notice, I hope, that several were polite, and responded directly

to your question. For example, Pat wrote:

>> Sorry Jar.. this hasn't been a problem for a while, but it
>> seems to have surfaced again... the trouble is the person who stirs
>> the pot, has just started up again....
>> Welcome and keep reading

You continued:

> the huge debate
> cuurently raging about whether or not I will be allowed to join
> this little support group must be silenced.

I've seen no one debating your right to "join." I've seen some of the
resident morons that have taken up residence here lately use it as an
excuse to slap you and others including myselft, but no one has said you
can't join. It just gave the trolling few a chance to go off on another
ugly tangent. The kind this group has bean infected with for about....
six months. A couple of joined since the original sicko came here, (the
one you id'd immediately) but for the most part this is, and has
historically been, a good group. A group doesn't get a FAQ as well
developed and complete without having gone through a lot of growth, and
growing pains.

> There are enough situations in life
> where you are forced into ongoing arguments with people - why
> join a newsgroup to do the same thing.

That has bean the mystifying part. The person you noticed now is lucky
to get a "well, I don't hate her." I too find it bizarre that anyone
would day in, day out, put up with nothing but negativity, and the need
to destroy something they aren't even a part of.

> Finally I am here to stay

> and to utilse a phrase of my sons 'you can't stop me'

As much as you sound like a "level-headed" person, don't be so sure.
I've bean around newsgroups/BBSs for a long time, and I've seen *many* a
person excluded to the point they just leave because no one gives them
the time of day. Eventually the tree that isn't heard leaves, cuz it
gets bored with no response/reaction. Of course, today's new age poster
(Thanks Billy G!) doesn't seem to exhibit the control this venue used to
employ.

Anywho, welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And what's
your name?

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Kate Fairleigh wrote:

> someone who shall remain nameless wrote:
>
> >because it's not for you to say who does and does not belong here.
> >for that matter, it's not for any of the other people who seem to
> >think of this newsgroup as their own private domain. i don't know
> >how many times that has to be repeated. if you, or others want your
> >own personal sandbox, then set up a PRIVATE mailing list.
> >

> Gee, I thought we did that? Oh, but he wouldn't know, cuz he's not on it.
> hehehehe

Hey, I'm not either!

Karen

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
jar wrote:

> This reply is not directed at all those who replyed to my
> original posting but to those few who used as an excuse to slag
> of someone they do not know.
>
> In answer to the huge can of worms I seem to have opened I would
> like to make a few things clear. Obviously I don't know the
> full story and all I wanted was for someone to reply to let me
> know whether this support group was used soley by the

> psychotic! If it is (and from many of you replys that seems to

> be the case) then I might just feel right at home.
>

> Secondly 'he' (who is excluded from private mailing groups) is

> actually a she! The name I am posting under is that of my son
> who likes seeing his name on the net. Finally the huge debate

> cuurently raging about whether or not I will be allowed to join

> this little support group must be silenced. I am here to stay

> and to utilse a phrase of my sons 'you can't stop me'
>

> To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope this
> one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in tearing
> me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.

I didn't get an engraved invitation to post here, or any synopsis of what
happened before I came, so my advice is not make such a big deal about it and
post if you want, or don't if you don't want to, ok? If you're that curious
about the endless saga, then try DejaNews to read the archives, but it's not
that interesting and it still doesn't solve anything.

Karen

Nick Curtis

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

"jar" <joshrober...@ukonline.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
message news:00307aeb...@usw-ex0106-046.remarq.com...

| In answer to the huge can of worms I seem to have opened I
would
| like to make a few things clear. Obviously I don't know
the
| full story and all I wanted was for someone to reply to
let me
| know whether this support group was used soley by the
| psychotic! If it is (and from many of you replys that
seems to
| be the case) then I might just feel right at home.

You certainly got the 'Sense o' Humour' For it

| To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope
this
| one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in
tearing
| me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.

Ahhhh take no notice....they is all 'Americans' tha'sall <G>
They dont know no better....

<Thinx - If'n it had'nt been for that 'Little Local
Difficulty' in Boston some time ago they'd all be calling us
'Sir' or in your case 'Ma'am'...>

I is just a little sloooooowwwwwww on the uptake this
week...took me a while to notice the UK Email Addy...So
whats yer name?...an dont take the 'Colonial Cousins' too
seriously...They is *all* Bark and *no* bite....Now
'dolores' on the other hand..........

Nick

Ms. B

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
jar wrote:

> cuz he's not on it.
> >hehehehe
> >

> This reply is not directed at all those who replyed to my
> original posting but to those few who used as an excuse to slag
> of someone they do not know.
>
> In answer to the huge can of worms I seem to have opened I would
> like to make a few things clear. Obviously I don't know the
> full story and all I wanted was for someone to reply to let me
> know whether this support group was used soley by the
> psychotic! If it is (and from many of you replys that seems to
> be the case) then I might just feel right at home.
>
> Secondly 'he' (who is excluded from private mailing groups) is
> actually a she! The name I am posting under is that of my son
> who likes seeing his name on the net. Finally the huge debate
> cuurently raging about whether or not I will be allowed to join
> this little support group must be silenced. I am here to stay
> and to utilse a phrase of my sons 'you can't stop me'
>
> To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope this
> one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in tearing
> me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.

Good come back!!! :)

Have fun with us mixed up insane group!! Glad to have another abnormal
amongst us!!!

hugs from orlando

jar

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
I guess I better tell you all a bit about myself now that we
have got over the polite introduction stage. My name is Shannon
and I live in Ireland. My son is five years old and a real pain
in the backside at times (just being honest) the rest of the
time he's the best child in the world.

My situation is a strange one but I'll tell you about it anyway
because it's kind of fairytaleish (don't think that's a real
word but what the hell.) I fell pregnant with my son at the
ripe old age of eighteen and although I had been with my partner
for quite a while he shot through and left me holding the baby -
well actually he was just a bump at that stage. We stayed in
contact but he never saw Josh, he never asked how he was doing
and he never spoke to him on the phone. Having said that he
always sent me money and he always checked on how I was doing.
Anyway to cut a long story short on Josh's fourth birthday he
asked to see him and I said he could. So for the past year and
a half he has been the best dad a child could ask for. He sees
him for two weekends a month (and he has to come from mainland
Britain to do so.) There is no romance between us and there
never will be but I can honestly say that he is the best friend
I have!

At the moment I am doing a degree in English (and before someone
posts a witty account of all my spelling mistake I'd like to
make it clear that I know I can't spell) and I can honestly say
that life is good. The only problem is that there don't seem to
be enough hours in the day and most of the time I fell like I've
just been run over by a train.

So thats my life story (I feel like I've just been to
confession) although I am aware that noone will be interested in
the slightest but I just thought I'd tell you anyway because
thats just what us Irish are like - bore you to death given half
a chance.

And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being
laughed into oblivion I thought I would say that contrary to my
original impression most of you seem alright. Just one more
thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
at the end of your postings?

Ms. B

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Nick Curtis wrote:

> "jar" <joshrober...@ukonline.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
> message news:00307aeb...@usw-ex0106-046.remarq.com...
>
> | In answer to the huge can of worms I seem to have opened I
> would
> | like to make a few things clear. Obviously I don't know
> the
> | full story and all I wanted was for someone to reply to
> let me
> | know whether this support group was used soley by the
> | psychotic! If it is (and from many of you replys that
> seems to
> | be the case) then I might just feel right at home.
>
> You certainly got the 'Sense o' Humour' For it
>
> | To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope
> this
> | one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in
> tearing
> | me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.
>
> Ahhhh take no notice....they is all 'Americans' tha'sall <G>
> They dont know no better....
>
> <Thinx - If'n it had'nt been for that 'Little Local
> Difficulty' in Boston some time ago they'd all be calling us
> 'Sir' or in your case 'Ma'am'...>
>
> I is just a little sloooooowwwwwww on the uptake this
> week...took me a while to notice the UK Email Addy...So
> whats yer name?...an dont take the 'Colonial Cousins' too
> seriously...They is *all* Bark and *no* bite....Now
> 'dolores' on the other hand..........
>
> Nick

Bark bark bark......I'll bite ya if you want!!!!

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
jar wrote:

> I guess I better tell you all a bit about myself now that we
> have got over the polite introduction stage. My name is Shannon
> and I live in Ireland.

I *thought* I detected an accent!

:-D

Karen

surfing home

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

jar wrote in message <0bc765d6...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com>...

>I guess I better tell you all a bit about myself now that we
>have got over the polite introduction stage. My name is Shannon
>and I live in Ireland.

LOL.... NOW DONT YE BELIEVE ME ...about the fridge having a nervous
breakdown..Monica in the Loo and the loo brush that spits!!.... here's the
River Shannon .... and she's a s/p...nananannana!!.. so the lot of ye can go
and eat yer hats... LOL :o)))

Hiya Shannon!!.. how's it going?.. Dont take a blind bit 'o heed of this lot
round here..stark staring mad..the whole lot 'o them!!... :o))) <psst>.. I
reckon *I* am the only sane one round here..weell maybe with the exception
of Kate and Karen!!.. but Karen is usually legless (manic for the
booze!!!)... and Kate is on the run from MONICA...LOL ...the last we heard
she was chewing her way through the holiday camp security...ya know!!...
looooong sleeved jackets and basket weaving..... wink wink nod nod.

My son is five years old and a real pain
>in the backside at times (just being honest) the rest of the
>time he's the best child in the world.

Well if anyone ever says different they're born liars... Mine though, on the
other hands are little paragons of virtue!!.. heavenly little bodies they
are!

>My situation is a strange one but I'll tell you about it anyway
>because it's kind of fairytaleish (don't think that's a real
>word but what the hell.) I fell pregnant with my son at the
>ripe old age of eighteen and although I had been with my partner
>for quite a while he shot through and left me holding the baby -
>well actually he was just a bump at that stage. We stayed in
>contact but he never saw Josh, he never asked how he was doing
>and he never spoke to him on the phone. Having said that he
>always sent me money and he always checked on how I was doing.
>Anyway to cut a long story short on Josh's fourth birthday he
>asked to see him and I said he could. So for the past year and
>a half he has been the best dad a child could ask for. He sees
>him for two weekends a month (and he has to come from mainland
>Britain to do so.) There is no romance between us and there
>never will be but I can honestly say that he is the best friend
>I have!

I'm glad to hear he is now a part of your sons life... your son can only
benefit from it..and it will give you better peace of mind too (I hope)..

AND make damn sure ya get the child support too....THAT is vital, crucial,
essential.... just ask everyone else here... they'll back me up 100% on this
one!! <wink wink> (wait for the rush!).

>At the moment I am doing a degree in English

Fair play to ya!!... how is it going for you? How long have you left to do?

(and before someone
>posts a witty account of all my spelling mistake I'd like to
>make it clear that I know I can't spell) and I can honestly say
>that life is good. The only problem is that there don't seem to
>be enough hours in the day and most of the time I fell like I've
>just been run over by a train.

I can understand that... studying and kids are one hell of a combination...
but it's worth it in the end....

>So thats my life story (I feel like I've just been to

>confession)although I am aware that noone will be interested in
>the slightest

Dont be silly!!.. I'm delighted there's another Irish gal here!!.. which far
flung part of Ireland are you from.... I come from Mayo.... I'm presently
living in berkshire Uk (yuukk).. weell until the council tow me caravan
anyway!!... (Trailer!)..

but I just thought I'd tell you anyway because
>thats just what us Irish are like - bore you to death given half
>a chance.

Oh..they know already!!....

I'm hanging on be the skin of me teeth....LOL... they just *cant* get rid of
me!!..and I aint planning on putting air between my tush and the seat *just*
yet...LOL

>And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being
>laughed into oblivion

Believe you me....just wait till ya see some of the posts... you'll be
eating the carpet :o)) you just gotta meet....aaah well...you'll see!!...
LOL

I thought I would say that contrary to my
>original impression most of you seem alright.

*AND* ...they dont fart!!...

Just one more
>thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
>at the end of your postings?

I daren't!!

Dolores

surfing home

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

Nick Curtis wrote in message <8gjmkl$1fo4h$1...@fu-berlin.de>...

>"jar" <joshrober...@ukonline.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
>message news:00307aeb...@usw-ex0106-046.remarq.com...

Snipped

>| To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope
>this
>| one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in
>tearing
>| me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.
>
>Ahhhh take no notice....they is all 'Americans' tha'sall <G>
>They dont know no better....
>
><Thinx - If'n it had'nt been for that 'Little Local
>Difficulty' in Boston some time ago they'd all be calling us
>'Sir' or in your case 'Ma'am'...>
>
>I is just a little sloooooowwwwwww on the uptake this
>week...took me a while to notice the UK Email Addy...So
>whats yer name?...an dont take the 'Colonial Cousins' too
>seriously...They is *all* Bark and *no* bite....Now
>'dolores' on the other hand..........

Yes Nick?.... grrrrr.... :o)))

Dolores

os...@techie.com

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
jar wrote:

> Finally the huge debate
> cuurently raging about whether or not I will be allowed to join
> this little support group must be silenced. I am here to stay
> and to utilse a phrase of my sons 'you can't stop me'

Ha! LOL. Oh, good, another determined woman. Welcome!

> To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope this
> one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in tearing
> me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.

Yes, I notice a whole lot of shredding going on here too but there are some
great folks here and some witty ones too. I'm Lorian, single mother of one
13-year-old boy. How many children do you have?

Maureen

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

Nick Curtis wrote:

> I is just a little sloooooowwwwwww on the uptake this
> week...took me a while to notice the UK Email Addy...So
> whats yer name?...an dont take the 'Colonial Cousins' too
> seriously...They is *all* Bark and *no* bite....Now
> 'dolores' on the other hand..........
>

> Nick

Hey! I bite!!!

Maureen

Annie Mouse

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

Shannon_35 wrote:

> this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person
> who has no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are parents.
> can't seem to find the logic in that---

Maybe he thinks that since he has a cat, he qualifies. :)

'Kate

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

> P.S. The quotes are optional but they're supposed to be designed to say a
> little something about yourself or your beliefs.
> Being an English major, I am sure that you could come up with some real
> doozies.

> Didi
> "A dead thing can go with a stream, only a living thing can go against
it."
> G.K. Chesterton

oh heck... and all this time I've been quoteless?

I'll think of something. Honest. Give me a minute... or three.

'Kate
<quoteless for now but just you wait!>

'Kate

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

> I guess I better tell you all a bit about myself now that we
> have got over the polite introduction stage.

Hiya Shannon. There are a lot of other single parent students here. We're
all rather... frayed at times. I think Maureen wins the "overachiever
award" though. Five children, single parent, full time student. If you
need tips, she'd be the one to go to. I'm a 3/4 time student and mother of
3.

'Kate

Kathryn Litherland

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of ASS-P, Shannon. I'll snip to
the chase...

On Thu, 25 May 2000, jar wrote:
<snip>

> And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being

> laughed into oblivion I thought I would say that contrary to my
> original impression most of you seem alright. Just one more

> thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
> at the end of your postings?

Why, yes, it is compulsory. That's very astute of you to notice it. In
the event that you are unable to provide an inappropriate quote or mantra,
one will randomly be assigned to you.

|Kathy Litherland | People make their own history, but
No hacemos el amor;|Dept. of Anthro | they do not make it under
El nos hace |U. of Illinois | circumstances of their own choosing

Kathryn Litherland

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00

Hey, waaaaaiiiit. I gotta ideeeea! He's single! He's got parents! He
must thing this is a NG for single folk who have parents!

Pat Strong

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
vick...@my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <3026-392...@storefull-154.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

> shann...@webtv.net (Shannon_35) wrote:
> >
> > ronald aka deacon blues:
> >
> > <snip>
> > hey, i may not be a parent but from some of the people in this
> newsgroup
> > -- <snip>
> >

> > this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person
> > who has no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are
> parents.

> > can't seem to find the logic in that--- on top of this you are always

> > putting the people in this group down, so why you continue to post is
> > beyond me----- shannon
> >

> Just for thoughts sake, my sis sits in on groups, etc. She counsels and
> wants a good idea on how single moms and dads "do it"

Uh... don't people all over the world "do it" just about the same way?????
(LOL)

> compared to two
> parent households. I admire people who want to learn about kids before
> they have them. I do not know Deacon Blues from Adam, but hey, why can
> someone not posts a different view? Perhaps that way, we do not get
> Blind sided on "single parenting".
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Vicky, I believe he is the one who wanted to find a woman to bear a child
FOR him and maybe, if she was lucky, he'd consider a relationship with
her....... ug

Pat

correct me someone if I am amiss

Dennis Here

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

jar wrote in message <0bc765d6...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com>...
>I guess I better tell you all a bit about myself now that we
>have got over the polite introduction stage. My name is Shannon
>and I live in Ireland.

Greetings from Dennis, also in Ireland but a good bit further south than
you.

> My son is five years old and a real pain
>in the backside at times (just being honest) the rest of the
>time he's the best child in the world.

No he's not, my four year old is :-)

snipped lots

>And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being
>laughed into oblivion I thought I would say that contrary to my
>original impression most of you seem alright.

You old flatterer you.

> Just one more
>thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
>at the end of your postings?

Try one and I'll tell you what I think of it!

Dennis

Didi

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
Welcome, Shannon....

I was trying to read your post imagining a thick Irish brogue.....

Where abouts are you in Ireland?
How old is your son -- I think, if I read correctly, he would be about 5 1/2?

Again, welcome.

vick...@my-deja.com

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
In article <3929B146...@randomgraphics.com>,
ka...@randomgraphics.com wrote:
> joshrobert wrote:
>
> > I was just flicking through a few of the postings in this newsgroup
thinking
> > that it would be nice to get in contact with a few people in the
same
> > situation as myself. Thing is - it seems to me that most people
posting are
> > engaged in some sort of 'slanging match'. My question is a simple
one
> > .......... WHY?
>
> Why ask why?
>
> Karen

Try Bud Dry. I am sorry. I could not resist. Hi. Who's fighting?
MMM..I thought I was *trouble*. Drats. Lost my reputation.
How is it going Karen??? Catching up and wondering how my favorite ng
participants are.

vick...@my-deja.com

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
In article <392AD2C9...@ulth.ca>,
susaneva <su...@ulth.ca> wrote:

> jar wrote:
> >
> > My point is that if people do not like other people in the
> > newgroup then surely they don't have to post messages to
> > them/read their postings. There are enough situations in life

> > where you are forced into ongoing arguments with people - why
> > join a newsgroup to do the same thing. I mean one girl was
> > saying that she had reported certain people in the newsgroup to
> > their employers! Doesn't that strike you as a trifle sad?
>
> Sad? Sad? Is that the best word you can come up with? She's tried
> have several people fired from their jobs. Sorry, but that comes up
as
> a little more than "sad" to my way of thinking. She's downright
> dangerous.

She is about as dangerous as my left toe. You guys just don't know
Lorian. Peter asked for a lot of it. Robbin got lippy. I would have
turned her in too if somene posted my name for sex.
She deserved a little spanking at work. Peter deserved a little
spanking from Cox Cable. You all forget they were posting nasty stuff
about her.
That is the perfect example of knowing about the whole story. Gosh.
When does a dead dog die?

vick...@my-deja.com

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
Playing her "violin".......la la la la laaaaahhhhhh...

Hello. Well if it isn't your favorite Hillbilly. Looks like that Cyber
stalking law is kinda coming in handy. If I recall correctly...and
perhaps old posted messages can verify...You were the one posting her
info and threatening her.

Now, now...stop being a victim.

In article <392B1C9E...@peterd.com>,
"Peter F. DeMos" <pet...@peterd.com> wrote:
> Karen Anderson O'Mara wrote:
>
> > Nobody can get anybody else fired from their job if they did nothing
> > to get fired for....
>
> Spare me, Karen. You take this "I'm the middle roader" WAAAY too
far...
> And it's nothing but cr*p. NO ONE wants, or should *have*, to explain
> themselves to their boss, their spouse, ANYone, what one is doing on a
> newsgroup.
>
> I was doing nothing illegal, and yet I had to endure COUNTLESS emails
> my boss, my boss's isp, and ultimately calls to the FBI, where I had
> go be interviewed, and basically WARNED that this thing I'm playing
with
> is a snake, and very dangerous. Robbin had the same thing. And when
Rob
> stopped posting from her work account, and started posting privately?
> That snake STILL contacted Rob's place of work, threatened them, and
> said she felt threatened and it was Rob's fault, ergo IU was partly
> responsible. D-E-S-P-I-C-A-B-L-E.
>
> I have NEVER had the net taken into my living room in the manner that
> this thing has. NO ONE should have to endure anything like that, just
> because a person is so mentally disturbed that she'll try any way she
> can to get someone fired, or arrested, just because she blames the
> world, her "brief lay in the sack sperm donor", and her daddy for not
> loving her enough.
>
> The letters to my boss insisted on my being fired, or she'd
bring "legal
> action" against the isp and my company. When that fizzled, she brought
> in the police and ultimately the FBI.
>
> Now, she can DENY trying to get any of us fired, and you can SAY that
> it's no.big.deal, but I think you're both....
>
> Full.of.bull.
>
> And obviously, 98% of the people around here agree. So go ahead and
show
> us how smart you are. Show us how "even" you are. I say: bull.

> peterd
> --The original peterd. Accept no Substitutes.--
> http://www.peterd.com

vick...@my-deja.com

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
In article <3026-392...@storefull-154.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
shann...@webtv.net (Shannon_35) wrote:

> ronald aka deacon blues:
>
> <snip>
> hey, i may not be a parent but from some of the people in this
newsgroup
> -- <snip>
>
> this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person
> who has no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are
parents.
> can't seem to find the logic in that--- on top of this you are always
> putting the people in this group down, so why you continue to post is
> beyond me----- shannon

Just for thoughts sake, my sis sits in on groups, etc. She counsels and

wants a good idea on how single moms and dads "do it" compared to two

parent households. I admire people who want to learn about kids before
they have them. I do not know Deacon Blues from Adam, but hey, why can
someone not posts a different view? Perhaps that way, we do not get
Blind sided on "single parenting".

vick...@my-deja.com

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
Was something snipped? I did not see a lack of support. Just a
question.

In article <392C2470...@ulth.ca>,
susaneva <su...@ulth.ca> wrote:

> deacon blues wrote:

> > susaneva wrote:

> > > why do you care, if you've decided not to be part of this group?

> > because it's not for you to say who does and does not belong here.
>

> I didn't do any such thing. He complained about the "lack of support"
> at the same time as admitting that he'd never posted here before. So
> simply asked why he cared if there's no support if he doesn't plan to
be
> part of the group.

vick...@my-deja.com

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
In article <0bc765d6...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com>,

jar <joshrober...@ukonline.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> I guess I better tell you all a bit about myself now that we
> have got over the polite introduction stage. My name is Shannon
> and I live in Ireland. My son is five years old and a real pain

> in the backside at times (just being honest) the rest of the
> time he's the best child in the world.
>
> My situation is a strange one but I'll tell you about it anyway
> because it's kind of fairytaleish (don't think that's a real
> word but what the hell.) I fell pregnant with my son at the
> ripe old age of eighteen and although I had been with my partner
> for quite a while he shot through and left me holding the baby -
> well actually he was just a bump at that stage. We stayed in
> contact but he never saw Josh, he never asked how he was doing
> and he never spoke to him on the phone. Having said that he
> always sent me money and he always checked on how I was doing.
> Anyway to cut a long story short on Josh's fourth birthday he
> asked to see him and I said he could. So for the past year and
> a half he has been the best dad a child could ask for. He sees
> him for two weekends a month (and he has to come from mainland
> Britain to do so.) There is no romance between us and there
> never will be but I can honestly say that he is the best friend
> I have!
>
> At the moment I am doing a degree in English (and before someone

> posts a witty account of all my spelling mistake I'd like to
> make it clear that I know I can't spell)

I am a horrible speller. We can start a support group eh?

and I can honestly say
> that life is good. The only problem is that there don't seem to
> be enough hours in the day and most of the time I fell like I've
> just been run over by a train.

Welcome! Now. There are many ways to stop that runaway train. I am
still working on it.

> So thats my life story (I feel like I've just been to

> confession) although I am aware that noone will be interested in
> the slightest but I just thought I'd tell you anyway because

> thats just what us Irish are like - bore you to death given half
> a chance.
>

> And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being
> laughed into oblivion I thought I would say that contrary to my
> original impression most of you seem alright.

You seem cool too. =D
I have not posted, but were you not talking about me? <g>

Just one more
> thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
> at the end of your postings?

Just something to reflect your personality. What would you put on your
little mantra?

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

os...@techie.com

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
'Kate wrote:

> > P.S. The quotes are optional but they're supposed to be designed to say a
> > little something about yourself or your beliefs.
> > Being an English major, I am sure that you could come up with some real
> > doozies.
> >
> > Didi
> > "A dead thing can go with a stream, only a living thing can go against
> it."
> > G.K. Chesterton
>

> oh heck... and all this time I've been quoteless?
>
> I'll think of something. Honest. Give me a minute... or three.
>
> 'Kate
> <quoteless for now but just you wait!>

Go to http://www.siglets.com for a boatload of interesting and witty quotes for
your .sig file.

Cici in Texas

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
On 25 May 2000 05:25:35 GMT, kfai...@aol.comspamsux (Kate Fairleigh)
wrote:

>someone who shall remain nameless wrote:
>
>>because it's not for you to say who does and does not belong here.

>>for that matter, it's not for any of the other people who seem to
>>think of this newsgroup as their own private domain. i don't know
>>how many times that has to be repeated. if you, or others want your
>>own personal sandbox, then set up a PRIVATE mailing list.
>>

>Gee, I thought we did that? Oh, but he wouldn't know, cuz he's not on it.
>hehehehe

<snf> Neither am I. <snf>

Cici in Texas

Kathryn Litherland

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Pat Strong wrote:

> Uh... don't people all over the world "do it" just about the same way?????
> (LOL)

You'd be surprised. One of my ethnographic interests is sexuality (both
hetero- and homo-). There's a lot of variability as to what is considered
"normal." For example, outside the industrialized world, the "missionary"
position is not the standard sexual position. Why do you think it's
called "missionary" in the first place? It's what those weird, uptight
'Merican evangalists do.

Julie

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

jar wrote:

> cuz he's not on it.
> >hehehehe
> >

> This reply is not directed at all those who replyed to my
> original posting but to those few who used as an excuse to slag
> of someone they do not know.
>

> In answer to the huge can of worms I seem to have opened I would
> like to make a few things clear. Obviously I don't know the
> full story and all I wanted was for someone to reply to let me
> know whether this support group was used soley by the
> psychotic! If it is (and from many of you replys that seems to
> be the case) then I might just feel right at home.

A sense of humor will get you anywhere you want to go. ;-)

> Secondly 'he' (who is excluded from private mailing groups) is
> actually a she! The name I am posting under is that of my son

> who likes seeing his name on the net. Finally the huge debate

> cuurently raging about whether or not I will be allowed to join
> this little support group must be silenced. I am here to stay
> and to utilse a phrase of my sons 'you can't stop me'

Actually the debate gets a little twisted around, so it's not quite so
dramatic you need to polish the battle cries. <g> Some people get the
notion that disagreeing with someone equals an attempt to exclude them
or run them out of the group. Maybe they're projecting a bit. Most here
are smart enough to realize you and only you are in control of where
your keyboard takes you. And you weren't the "he" excluded from any
private mailing list - that was ron, our resident proponent of telling
people they can't tell anyone else what to do by telling them what to
do.

> To all those who enjoyed disecting my last message I hope this
> one gives you food for thought and I also hope that in tearing
> me to shreds you alleviate you own sense of inferiority.

You have a good flair for drama; I like that. ;-)

Julie

'Kate

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

<os...@techie.com> wrote in message news:392E100D...@techie.com...

And this is why it's called the "Information Age". No matter what we want,
it's here. Thanks again!

'Kate

'Kate

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

"Kathryn Litherland" <lit...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote in message

Actually, we don't call it that anymore... at least, not in the last Human
Sexuality course I took. It was noted as face to face, man on top position.
And actually, on a waterbed, it's not at all restrictive. ;-)

'Kate

Julie

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

jar wrote:

> I guess I better tell you all a bit about myself now that we
> have got over the polite introduction stage. My name is Shannon
> and I live in Ireland. My son is five years old and a real pain
> in the backside at times (just being honest) the rest of the
> time he's the best child in the world.

The Jekyll and Hyde routine gets well developed by the time they're
teenagers. Find a method of relaxation that works for you *now* - don't
wait til it's too late. :-)

> My situation is a strange one but I'll tell you about it anyway
> because it's kind of fairytaleish (don't think that's a real
> word but what the hell.) I fell pregnant with my son at the
> ripe old age of eighteen and although I had been with my partner
> for quite a while he shot through and left me holding the baby -
> well actually he was just a bump at that stage. We stayed in
> contact but he never saw Josh, he never asked how he was doing
> and he never spoke to him on the phone. Having said that he
> always sent me money and he always checked on how I was doing.
> Anyway to cut a long story short on Josh's fourth birthday he
> asked to see him and I said he could. So for the past year and
> a half he has been the best dad a child could ask for. He sees
> him for two weekends a month (and he has to come from mainland
> Britain to do so.) There is no romance between us and there
> never will be but I can honestly say that he is the best friend
> I have!
>
> At the moment I am doing a degree in English (and before someone
> posts a witty account of all my spelling mistake I'd like to

> make it clear that I know I can't spell) and I can honestly say

> that life is good. The only problem is that there don't seem to
> be enough hours in the day and most of the time I fell like I've
> just been run over by a train.
>

> So thats my life story (I feel like I've just been to
> confession) although I am aware that noone will be interested in
> the slightest but I just thought I'd tell you anyway because
> thats just what us Irish are like - bore you to death given half
> a chance.

Sounds like what a lot of us have in our lives these days. And maybe it
seems boring on paper, but there are days that are nothing less than
action-packed adventure! It's great that you and your ex are friends and
raising him together. Good for you - we all know how hard that can be at
the beginning stages.

> And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being
> laughed into oblivion I thought I would say that contrary to my

> original impression most of you seem alright. Just one more

> thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
> at the end of your postings?

hahaha. No, I'm laughing *with* you. Really. ;-D

Julie

Julie

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

Kathryn Litherland wrote:

> Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of ASS-P, Shannon. I'll snip to
> the chase...
>

> On Thu, 25 May 2000, jar wrote:
> <snip>

> > And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being
> > laughed into oblivion I thought I would say that contrary to my
> > original impression most of you seem alright. Just one more
> > thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
> > at the end of your postings?
>

> Why, yes, it is compulsory. That's very astute of you to notice it. In
> the event that you are unable to provide an inappropriate quote or mantra,
> one will randomly be assigned to you.
>

> |Kathy Litherland | People make their own history, but
> No hacemos el amor;|Dept. of Anthro | they do not make it under
> El nos hace |U. of Illinois | circumstances of their own choosing

It makes me a little nervous to think what you'd come up with for us -
I'll get on it immediately. ;-)

Julie

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
vick...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Try Bud Dry. I am sorry. I could not resist. Hi. Who's fighting?
> MMM..I thought I was *trouble*. Drats. Lost my reputation.
> How is it going Karen??? Catching up and wondering how my favorite ng
> participants are.

Hey! Where in the love of wedgies have you been?

I was just wondering where you've been, Vicky!

It's going ok for me. thanks...

Karen

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
Kathryn Litherland wrote:

> You'd be surprised. One of my ethnographic interests is sexuality (both
> hetero- and homo-). There's a lot of variability as to what is considered
> "normal." For example, outside the industrialized world, the "missionary"
> position is not the standard sexual position. Why do you think it's
> called "missionary" in the first place? It's what those weird, uptight
> 'Merican evangalists do.

I think the goal is still the same all over the world, is what Pat meant.

Karen

surfing home

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

Kathryn Litherland wrote in message ...

>Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of ASS-P, Shannon. I'll snip to
>the chase...
>
>On Thu, 25 May 2000, jar wrote:
><snip>
>> And finally (everyone sighs with relief) at the risk of being
>> laughed into oblivion I thought I would say that contrary to my
>> original impression most of you seem alright. Just one more
>> thing is it compulsory to type an inappropriate quote or mantra
>> at the end of your postings?
>
>Why, yes, it is compulsory. That's very astute of you to notice it. In
>the event that you are unable to provide an inappropriate quote or mantra,
>one will randomly be assigned to you.

(Dolores is behind the wall... throwing over other peoples words of
wisdom...)

Mae West
I wrote the story myself. It is all about a girl who lost her reputation
but never missed it.

Nora Ephron
If pregnancy were a book they would cut out the last two chapters.

Elizabeth Gaskell
I'll not listen to reason.....Reason always means what someone else has to
say.

Colette
What a wonderful life I've had! Only wish I'd realised it earlier

Charlton Whitton
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as
good. Luckily, this is not difficult.

Rita Mae Brown
if the world were a logical place, men would ride side-saddle.

Madeline Cox
Parenthood:... that state of being better chaperoned than you were before
marraige.

Lady Astor
The penalty of success is to be bored by the people who used to snub you

And one of my favourites:

Eleanor Roosevelt
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Dolores

Maureen

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

'Kate wrote:

> "Kathryn Litherland" <lit...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 25 May 2000, Pat Strong wrote:
> >
> > > Uh... don't people all over the world "do it" just about the same
> way?????
> > > (LOL)
> >

> > You'd be surprised. One of my ethnographic interests is sexuality (both
> > hetero- and homo-). There's a lot of variability as to what is considered
> > "normal." For example, outside the industrialized world, the "missionary"
> > position is not the standard sexual position. Why do you think it's
> > called "missionary" in the first place? It's what those weird, uptight
> > 'Merican evangalists do.
> >

> > |Kathy Litherland | People make their own history, but
> > No hacemos el amor;|Dept. of Anthro | they do not make it under
> > El nos hace |U. of Illinois | circumstances of their own choosing
>

> Actually, we don't call it that anymore... at least, not in the last Human
> Sexuality course I took. It was noted as face to face, man on top position.
> And actually, on a waterbed, it's not at all restrictive. ;-)

But...depending on the toys...it *can* make quite a splash!!!
hee....(sorry..couldn't resist).

Maureen

Betty

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

'Kate wrote in message ...

>"Kathryn Litherland" <lit...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote in message
<snip>

Why do you think it's called "missionary" in the first place

>Actually, we don't call it that anymore... at least, not in the last Human
>Sexuality course I took. It was noted as face to face, man on top
position.
>And actually, on a waterbed, it's not at all restrictive. ;-)
>

>'Kate

Face to Face, Man on Top? Is this new? Did they just invent this one?
Wow, I'm going to have to try this sometime. lol

Betty :-)

jar

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
One of my ethnographic interests is sexuality (both hetero- and
homo-). There's a lot of variability as to what is considered
"normal." For example, outside the industrialized world, the
"missionary"
position is not the standard sexual position.

not in the last Human Sexuality course I took.

Well I can only quess that you 'gals' are American. Here in
Ireland people have families of fifteen and still find it hard
to come to terms with the fact that they have actually - you
know - engaged in the necessary occupation. Of course you guys
actually go on courses about it (does this mean that you were
all found to be below average technique wise? I mean are they
compulsory for those who don't have a natural talent?) When I
think about it now - English degree or Human Sexuality course -
right thats it . . . I'm coming to America!

I really can't think of a good quote - I have come up with two
so I'll try them out on you. See what you think.

1 - 'Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments.'
(ok. so this is cleary way too pretensious)

or

2 - 'Feck ye and the horse you rode in on'
(this on the other hand only makes sense if your an Irish bog
trotter)

Message has been deleted

Karen Anderson O'Mara

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
jar wrote:

> Well I can only quess that you 'gals' are American. Here in
> Ireland people have families of fifteen and still find it hard
> to come to terms with the fact that they have actually - you
> know - engaged in the necessary occupation. Of course you guys
> actually go on courses about it (does this mean that you were
> all found to be below average technique wise? I mean are they
> compulsory for those who don't have a natural talent?) When I
> think about it now - English degree or Human Sexuality course -
> right thats it . . . I'm coming to America!

I took Human Sexuality back in 1983 at American River College. It was a very
popular class to take and the huge lecture hall was jammed packed. Sometimes we
saw films that showed different couples having sex (homosexual, hetero, and umm
individual, iirc), another had the radio spot (George Carlin's seven words you
can't say on TV... haha, that's sure changed!), we talked about birth control,
stds, etc. The course was not a "how to" but more one to teach tolerance and
awareness.

I don't think we had tests.

Karen

Pat Strong

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
Kathryn Litherland wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000, Pat Strong wrote:
>
> > Uh... don't people all over the world "do it" just about the same way?????
> > (LOL)
>

> You'd be surprised. One of my ethnographic interests is sexuality (both

> hetero- and homo-). There's a lot of variability as to what is considered
> "normal." For example, outside the industrialized world, the "missionary"

> position is not the standard sexual position. Why do you think it's
> called "missionary" in the first place? It's what those weird, uptight
> 'Merican evangalists do.
>
> |Kathy Litherland | People make their own history, but
> No hacemos el amor;|Dept. of Anthro | they do not make it under
> El nos hace |U. of Illinois | circumstances of their own choosing

Now THAT is a new bit of knowledge.... But come on now... with the standard,
say..... 15 or 20 positions..... it all distills down to Legos...

Pat

Pat Strong

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
surfing home wrote:

I LIKE that.... I may have to make a sampler.... or a tattoo.

Pat

'Kate

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

"Maureen" <mck...@pacificbytes.com> wrote in message

> 'Kate wrote:
>
> > "Kathryn Litherland" <lit...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote in message

> > way?????
> > >
> > > You'd be surprised. One of my ethnographic interests is sexuality
(both
> > > hetero- and homo-). There's a lot of variability as to what is
considered
> > > "normal." For example, outside the industrialized world, the
"missionary"
> > > position is not the standard sexual position. Why do you think it's
> > > called "missionary" in the first place? It's what those weird,
uptight
> > > 'Merican evangalists do.

> > > No hacemos el amor;|Dept. of Anthro | they do not make it under
> > > El nos hace |U. of Illinois | circumstances of their own
choosing

> > Actually, we don't call it that anymore... at least, not in the last
Human

> > Sexuality course I took. It was noted as face to face, man on top
position.
> > And actually, on a waterbed, it's not at all restrictive. ;-)
>
> But...depending on the toys...it *can* make quite a splash!!!
> hee....(sorry..couldn't resist).
>
> Maureen

Toys? The owner of the waterbed IS my toy. He knows it too. : )

'Kate

'Kate

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00

> One of my ethnographic interests is sexuality (both hetero- and
> homo-). There's a lot of variability as to what is considered
> "normal." For example, outside the industrialized world, the
> "missionary"
> position is not the standard sexual position.
>

> not in the last Human Sexuality course I took.
>
> Well I can only quess that you 'gals' are American. Here in
> Ireland people have families of fifteen and still find it hard
> to come to terms with the fact that they have actually - you
> know - engaged in the necessary occupation. Of course you guys
> actually go on courses about it (does this mean that you were
> all found to be below average technique wise?

No but the study groups were lots of fun! : ) Actually, the course
centered on responsible practices, anatomy, variations in sexuality,
fetishes, disfunction, counseling techniques, STD's, diseases that affect
normal functioning, and ageing and sexuality. It was a very good course.
Besides that, the book had pictures. hehe

> I mean are they
> compulsory for those who don't have a natural talent?) When I
> think about it now - English degree or Human Sexuality course -
> right thats it . . . I'm coming to America!

I've taken three english courses and enjoyed them all. Had to call a friend
in England while writing a paper on irony in Isaac B. Singer's "Gimpel the
Fool". No one understands irony quite like the English. Why is that ya
think?

> I really can't think of a good quote - I have come up with two
> so I'll try them out on you. See what you think.
>
> 1 - 'Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments.'
> (ok. so this is cleary way too pretensious)
>
> or
>
> 2 - 'Feck ye and the horse you rode in on'
> (this on the other hand only makes sense if your an Irish bog
> trotter)

Good luck!

'Kate

Peter F. DeMos

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
Pat wrote, after Dolores shared an eleanor quote:

>> No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

> I LIKE that.... I may have to make a sampler.... or a tattoo.

Kind of like my quote. "If I get hit in the face, I did it."

Or, "What you think of me is none of my business. What I think of you is
all of my business."

Yes, these are (tm)'d.

:-)

jennifer

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00

'Kate wrote:

> "Maureen" <mck...@pacificbytes.com> wrote in message
> >

> > 'Kate wrote:
> >
> > > "Kathryn Litherland" <lit...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote in message

> > > way?????

> (both
> considered
> "missionary"

> uptight

> choosing
> > >

> > > Actually, we don't call it that anymore... at least, not in the last
> Human

> > > Sexuality course I took. It was noted as face to face, man on top
> position.
> > > And actually, on a waterbed, it's not at all restrictive. ;-)
> >
> > But...depending on the toys...it *can* make quite a splash!!!
> > hee....(sorry..couldn't resist).
> >
> > Maureen
>
> Toys? The owner of the waterbed IS my toy. He knows it too. : )
>
> 'Kate

Where 'bouts did you get your toy, cause I was thinking it'd be nice if I had
one too
jenn;)

'Kate

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00

"jennifer" <kerri...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

I found this one at college. We took the same class - Interpersonal
Communications. He's been a friend for a lot longer than he's been my toy
and he'll be my friend when playtime is over. He's good company.

'Kate

vick...@my-deja.com

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
In article <392DFF6A...@postoffice.swbell.net>,
str...@swbell.net wrote:
> vick...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > In article <3026-392...@storefull-154.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
> > shann...@webtv.net (Shannon_35) wrote:
> > >
> > > ronald aka deacon blues:
> > >
> > > <snip>
> > > hey, i may not be a parent but from some of the people in this
> > newsgroup
> > > -- <snip>
> > >
> > > this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a
person
> > > who has no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are
> > parents.
> > > can't seem to find the logic in that--- on top of this you are
always
> > > putting the people in this group down, so why you continue to
post is
> > > beyond me----- shannon
> > >

> > Just for thoughts sake, my sis sits in on groups, etc. She counsels
and
> > wants a good idea on how single moms and dads "do it"

> Uh... don't people all over the world "do it" just about the same
way?????
> (LOL)

Heh...never thought of it *that way*! Now rereading that sounds lil bit
kinky ...lol....You know, thought, do it..how they survive...to
understand ones struggles...errr......

> > compared to two
> > parent households. I admire people who want to learn about kids
before
> > they have them. I do not know Deacon Blues from Adam, but hey, why
can
> > someone not posts a different view? Perhaps that way, we do not get
> > Blind sided on "single parenting".

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
>

> Vicky, I believe he is the one who wanted to find a woman to bear a
child
> FOR him and maybe, if she was lucky, he'd consider a relationship with
> her....... ug
>
> Pat

Well that is kinda *different*.

> correct me someone if I am amiss

Dennis Here

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

'Kate wrote in message ...

>> Go to http://www.siglets.com for a boatload of interesting and witty
>quotes for
>> your .sig file.
>
>And this is why it's called the "Information Age". No matter what we want,
>it's here. Thanks again!
>
>'Kate

Well? Where is it then?

Dennis, also without one

surfing home

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

Dennis Here wrote in message

Here Dennis...ya can borrow mine.. I got a *new* one the other day!...
weeeelll I borrowed Joelles actually...WOW!!..now she has an all singing
all talking all dancing one!!..

Dennis Here

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

Karen Anderson O'Mara wrote in message
<392EF27B...@randomgraphics.com>...

>I took Human Sexuality back in 1983 at American River College. It was a
very
>popular class to take and the huge lecture hall was jammed packed.
Sometimes we
>saw films that showed different couples having sex (homosexual, hetero, and
umm
>individual, iirc), snipped

To think I wasted 35 years at the University of Life to find out what I know
now :-)
Where did the lecturer get the qualifications?

Dennis

'Kate

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

"Dennis Here" <dena...@gofree.indigo.ie> wrote in message

> 'Kate wrote in message ...
> >>
> >> Go to http://www.siglets.com for a boatload of interesting and witty
> >quotes for
> >> your .sig file.
> >
> >And this is why it's called the "Information Age". No matter what we
want,
> >it's here. Thanks again!
> >
> >'Kate
> >
> Well? Where is it then?
>
> Dennis, also without one

I'm debating....

What would you do with a brain if you had one? - Dorothy, "The Wizard of Oz"

But that seemed somewhat insulting. heh.

then I thought I could go the prince route and just use a symbol...

" Ś ĽOťoMâbĆ-Ç+ßV

too many to choose from...
So I'm back to square one. hmm... maybe a square!

Nah.

'Kate

Dennis Here

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

jar wrote in message <0e1139b0...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com>...

snip

>I really can't think of a good quote - I have come up with two
>so I'll try them out on you. See what you think.
>
>1 - 'Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments.'
>(ok. so this is cleary way too pretensious)

No, sounds like a vow!

>or
>
>2 - 'Feck ye and the horse you rode in on'
>(this on the other hand only makes sense if your an Irish bog
>trotter)

No, the horse was innocent! try again

Dennis

sammiegirl

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

~Dennis in his infinite wisdom typed~

..."this is what I advo Kate"

*chuckle*

Kate - I think that is pretty cute myself...

Dawn

Maureen

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

Dennis Here wrote:

> 'Kate wrote in message ...
> >>

> >I'm debating....
> >
> >What would you do with a brain if you had one? - Dorothy, "The Wizard of
> Oz"
> >
> >But that seemed somewhat insulting. heh.
> >
> >then I thought I could go the prince route and just use a symbol...
> >
> >" Ś ĽOťoMâbĆ-Ç+ßV
> >
> >too many to choose from...
> >So I'm back to square one. hmm... maybe a square!
> >
> >Nah.
> >
> >'Kate
>

> I see you sign yourself 'Kate is the ' significant? maybe you should work
> on a prefix sig. like
>
> "The original with no dupli Kate" No, too much like Peterd's or
>
> "This is what I advo Kate"
>
> Any more suggestions?
>
> Dennis

ROFL!!! To be honest 'Kate, your name *is* actually a pretty cool .sig you
know : )

(sorry about piggybacking on your post Dennis...my newsreader seems to be
skipping some posts).

Maureen

'Kate

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

> 'Kate wrote in message ...
> >>

> >I'm debating....
> >
> >What would you do with a brain if you had one? - Dorothy, "The Wizard of
> Oz"
> >
> >But that seemed somewhat insulting. heh.
> >
> >then I thought I could go the prince route and just use a symbol...
> >
> >" Ś ĽOťoMâbĆ-Ç+ßV
> >
> >too many to choose from...
> >So I'm back to square one. hmm... maybe a square!
> >
> >Nah.
> >
> >'Kate
>

> I see you sign yourself 'Kate is the ' significant? maybe you should
work
> on a prefix sig. like
>
> "The original with no dupli Kate" No, too much like Peterd's or
>
> "This is what I advo Kate"
>
> Any more suggestions?
>
> Dennis

Replikate came from needing a new identity on the 'net because of a
stalker - the one I was married to and used the 'net to get away from. He
use to post nasty things after my posts... I got fed up. After numerous
tries to get a hotmail addy name I liked led me to try duplicate (as in I
was duplicating my efforts in getting a name to work), replicate, and
finally replikate. 'Kate stuck 'cause it was easier to type on IRC. So
you're not so far off. :) My real name freaks me out when I see it.

'Kate

'Kate

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

"sammiegirl" <sammieg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> ~Dennis in his infinite wisdom typed~
>
> ..."this is what I advo Kate"
>
> *chuckle*
>
> Kate - I think that is pretty cute myself...
>

> Dawn

So... what's sammygirl from? Or am I prying? Oh heck... I pry a lot. Why
should this be any different? I'm practicing for when I have teens in the
house again. heh.

someone save me from them!

'Kate

'Kate

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

> Dennis Here wrote:
>
> > 'Kate wrote in message ...
> > >>

> > >I'm debating....
> > >
> > >What would you do with a brain if you had one? - Dorothy, "The Wizard
of
> > Oz"
> > >
> > >But that seemed somewhat insulting. heh.
> > >
> > >then I thought I could go the prince route and just use a symbol...
> > >
> > >" Ś ĽOťoMâbĆ-Ç+ßV
> > >
> > >too many to choose from...
> > >So I'm back to square one. hmm... maybe a square!
> > >
> > >Nah.
> > >
> > >'Kate
> >
> > I see you sign yourself 'Kate is the ' significant? maybe you should
work
> > on a prefix sig. like
> >
> > "The original with no dupli Kate" No, too much like Peterd's or
> >
> > "This is what I advo Kate"
> >
> > Any more suggestions?
> >
> > Dennis
>
> ROFL!!! To be honest 'Kate, your name *is* actually a pretty cool .sig
you
> know : )
>
> (sorry about piggybacking on your post Dennis...my newsreader seems to be
> skipping some posts).
>
> Maureen

Woo hooo! someone smart thinks I'm cool! ;)

'Kate

deacon blues

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
surfing home wrote:

> Well I can't blame peter for this (if he *did* say it)... 99.99% of people
> ARE selfish...*me* included...

then maybe peterd is in the 0.01%? i mean, if practically everybody
is selfish then it makes absolutely no sense to call people selfish
if that's the default condition. i mean would you go around calling
people "air breathers"?

to that extent given the number of times that i've seen people tossing
the "selfish" label around on this newsgroup either there are several
people here who are in the "0.01%", or there are several hypocrites on
this newsgroup.

i'm betting on the latter...

--
__ ______ __ / __/ |
_/ (_(_) / (_(_/_/_(_/ .
be optimistic! you can win,
as long as you keep, your head to the sky
-the sounds of blackness

deacon blues

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
Shannon_35 wrote:

> this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person
> who has no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are parents.
> can't seem to find the logic in that--- on top of this you are always
> putting the people in this group down, so why you continue to post is
> beyond me----- shannon

of course when i first posted here it was in the context of asking
about others who might have considered the single parent by choice
option. i was rather set upon for my inquiry and have noticed that
others posting similar inquiries have also been set upon by many of
the same people. as i've said before, i post here because it is
my intention to see that behavior change. this group is not the
private sandbox of a small group of people, and people have a right
to discuss single parent by choice topics without being criticized
by those who became single parents by divorce who are too narrowminded
to realize that other people can make decisions other than the ones
that they made. ya got all that?

but nonetheless, you've got 3 options:

1. learn to live with it.
2. stop reading my posts. of course, if you post something
i may comment on what you've written but since you wouldn't
be reading them, you wouldn't know the difference.
3. go to "private" mailing list option; then you and others
can have you own private sandbox and you can keep me out.

deacon blues

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
Didi wrote:

> Shannon so observantly questioned Ronald:

> >this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person who has
> no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are parents. can't seem to
> find the logic in that--- on top of this you are always
> putting the people in this group down, so why you continue to post is beyond
> me----- shannon
>
> He is a loser!! He actually considered having a child, purposefully, on his
> own -- decided that it was better for him to NOT do it -- but now he wants to
> criticize US because we have children. Sour grapes is all......

i suppose people evaluate others by what's important to them. from
what i read here, your criteria for distinguishing "winners" from
"losers" is the presence of children. that's your definition, maybe
because it's the one thing that you've done in this life.

i however have done others things with my life. so while it's true
that i have no children, i am *definitely* not a loser. but then
that's my criteria and not your's apparently.

for instance, how many books have you written and had published?
how many degrees do you have and where did you get them? what do
you do for a living? these are all rhetorical questions so i'm
not asking them for you to answer so much as to suggest that there
are more ways to determine whether a person is a "loser" than
whether they have children or not.

deacon blues

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
Kathryn Litherland wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000, Annie Mouse wrote:

> > Shannon_35 wrote:
> >
> > > this IS a parenting group -- still haven't figured out how a person
> > > who has no children can dole out advice to those of us WHO are parents.
> > > can't seem to find the logic in that---
> >
> > Maybe he thinks that since he has a cat, he qualifies. :)
>
> Hey, waaaaaiiiit. I gotta ideeeea! He's single! He's got parents! He
> must thing this is a NG for single folk who have parents!

with the "cleverness" of these replies, i'll have no difficulty
telling this from the "mensa" newsgroup!

deacon blues

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

it is also kinda wrong.

Dennis Here

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00

Cheystar2

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
>Mae West
>I wrote the story myself. It is all about a girl who lost her reputation
>but never missed it.
>
>Nora Ephron
>If pregnancy were a book they would cut out the last two chapters.
>
>Elizabeth Gaskell
>I'll not listen to reason.....Reason always means what someone else has to
>say.
>
>Colette
>What a wonderful life I've had! Only wish I'd realised it earlier
>
>Charlton Whitton
>Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as
>good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
>
>Rita Mae Brown
>if the world were a logical place, men would ride side-saddle.
>
>Madeline Cox
>Parenthood:... that state of being better chaperoned than you were before
>marraige.
>
>Lady Astor
>The penalty of success is to be bored by the people who used to snub you
>
>And one of my favourites:
>
>Eleanor Roosevelt
>No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
>
>Dolores

Wow-these are great Dolores. :-)

Cyrene

Ksoa650

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
Ronald wrote:

<< ya got all that?

but nonetheless, you've got 3 options:

1. learn to live with it.
2. stop reading my posts. of course, if you post something
i may comment on what you've written but since you wouldn't
be reading them, you wouldn't know the difference.
3. go to "private" mailing list option; then you and others
can have you own private sandbox and you can keep me out. >>

Yep, sign my name to this, too. Makes perfect sense and I agree.

Karen O'

Peter F. DeMos

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
"deacon blues" wrote:

> with the "cleverness" of these replies, i'll have no difficulty
> telling this from the "mensa" newsgroup!

Hey. Goofball? You wouldn't know from Mensa if it came up and bit you in
the arse.

Moron.

Peter F. DeMos

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
"deacon blues" wrote, amongst other things:

> i however have done others things with my life.

ROTFLMAO!!! Yeah. May I attain to post where I'm not wanted, and
ridiculed, with nigh on every post I make. You, and your mommy, must be
vewy pwoud. What "other things" to do with your life do you have,
anyway?

Loser....

> what do you do for a living?

All of this is secondary to "how many children do you have?". You see,
moron, this is a group for single parents, and those who have bean
single parents.

Now, I couold CHOOSE to post in a support group devoted to parents of
autistic children. Why, I could even profess to have a desire to ADOPT
an autistic child. But once I'd decide to NOT adopt n autistic child,
and I reMAINED a person who is not a parent of an autistic child?
Why.... "deacon blues"? All the friggin' book smarts, all my flippin'
degrees, and YES, my valid membership in Mensa (of which you and I can
compare membership numbers and chapters) would tell me I probably didn't
beLONG in a support group for parents of autistic children.

And if said parents were to reMIND me that I probably didn't understand
their plight, and was furthermore not welcome, why.... all my good
learnin', and all my social skills, would tell me to grow up, move on,
and quit fighting windwills.

But then, I'm an adult.

:-)

deacon blues

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
"Peter F. DeMos" wrote:

> "deacon blues" wrote, amongst other things:
>
> > i however have done others things with my life.
>
> ROTFLMAO!!! Yeah. May I attain to post where I'm not wanted, and

no, you're incorrect - i'm posting to a newsgroup where *you* don't
want me to post. however, i don't make the faulty assumption that
your wishes are *everyone's* wishes. for you to infer such is faulty
logic on your part, or narrowminded thinking on your part...take your
pick.

> degrees, and YES, my valid membership in Mensa (of which you and I can
> compare membership numbers and chapters)

i personally don't belong to mensa. it would again be faulty logic
on your part to assume that just because you wanted to join mensa
that everyone who *could* join wants to join.

> But then, I'm an adult.

well if that's what you think, then you DEFINITELY undercounted the
number of children in your household by 1 on your census form!

Peter F. DeMos

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
"deacon blues" wrote, amongst other things:

>>> i however have done others things with my life.

>> ROTFLMAO!!! Yeah. May I attain to post where I'm not wanted, and

> no, you're incorrect - i'm posting to a newsgroup where *you* don't
> want me to post.

Au contraire, oh deluded one; not that that is a new state of mind,
obviously. Any man who can't find a woman to spend the time necessary to
exchage DNA so she can get on the deluxe gravy train and never work
again, obviously has some *SEVERE* problems. No prob here, kiddo. You
continue to count Lorain, Vicky, and the like, as your friends.

I'm quite sure that's gotten you very far in the world so far (how many
kids you say you have?!?!?!), and who am I to argue with success!!!

Lololol.

>> degrees, and YES, my valid membership in Mensa (of which you and I
>> can compare membership numbers and chapters)

> i personally don't belong to mensa.

WHy.... why..... I'm SHOCKED AGAIN! Moron that you are!

Lololol

> it would again be faulty logic on your part to assume that just
> because you wanted to join mensa that everyone who *could* join wants
> to join.

BBBBZZZZZTTTTTT!!!! Faulty logic alert! Faulty logic alert!

I've bean a member since the early 80s (once my drug-addled mind cleared
and I was able to smell the t00lips. Why in spite of being in a coke
injected-haze 5 hours after taking my SATs, my scores were still 12th
overall in the nation.

You, the hillybilly, or the lamppost think I'm postulating? Then bet me
:-) I'll be happy to compare SATs.

But it'll cost ya.

See ya :-)

Moron.

'Kate

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00

"Peter F. DeMos" <pet...@peterd.com> wrote in message

> "deacon blues" wrote:
>
> > with the "cleverness" of these replies, i'll have no difficulty
> > telling this from the "mensa" newsgroup!
>
> Hey. Goofball? You wouldn't know from Mensa if it came up and bit you in
> the arse.
>
> Moron.
>
> peterd
> --The original peterd. Accept no Substitutes.--
> http://www.peterd.com

Damn... should I get my membership card out? Give the secret handshake?
LOL What a pretentious group. They certainly prove that being intelligent
has no bearing on success.

'Kate

'Kate

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00

> YES, my valid membership in Mensa (of which you and I can
> compare membership numbers and chapters)

Er... oops then, Peter. I wouldn't join Mensa because I saw them as a self
serving group. I'd rather spend the volunteer time affecting others lives
for the better.

'Kate
suffering from foot IN mouth disease this morning

Peter F. DeMos

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
'Kate wrote, after peterd shared:

>> YES, my valid membership in Mensa (of which you and I can
>> compare membership numbers and chapters)

> Er... oops then, Peter. I wouldn't join Mensa because I saw them as a
> self serving group. I'd rather spend the volunteer time affecting

> thers lives for the better.

Nensa is filled with a bunch of l00zers who try to imagine themselves
better than the masses, due to ONE factor.Their meetings are filled with
"my degree is better/bigger than your degree" cr*p.

In my opinion? They're nothing but a bunch of sad morons. But "deacon
blues".boy made the st00pid reference, and I'll TAKE Shove Anthything
down Goofball Boy's Throat for $500 that I can.

Don't worry. We're on the same page, if not for the same reason.

:-)

It is loading more messages.