Some unanswerable questions...

o'Mahoney

Aug 28, 2021, 9:52:08 AM8/28/21
1. Does God know the last number?
2. Can God make a rock so heavy that God can't lift it?
3. Why don't we see discarded prosthetic limbs alongside
discarded crutches at 'faith healing' events?
4. We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?

Love

Aug 28, 2021, 10:36:40 AM8/28/21
In article <mnekiglokuc19evkr...@4ax.com>,
liber...@south.south.com says...
1. Yes.

2. Sure.

3. Because prosthetic limbs don't suffer from
original sin, obviously.

4. God IS infinitely funny and witty. He made
you unable to see it just to amuse the rest of us.

So much for the questions being unanswerable.

--
Love

Gregory Carr

Aug 28, 2021, 10:40:41 AM8/28/21
Unanswerable question:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.?

one

Aug 28, 2021, 10:42:15 AM8/28/21
Love wrote:

> He made
>you unable to see it just to amuse the rest of us.

Howard be his name.

aye

Aug 28, 2021, 12:47:21 PM8/28/21
Art Howard to be and not to be who was
him who was at the time being and made a
rock called the Rock which was not to be
moved and yet was moved by compassion.

Twas the Stone, aye, rejected and accepted
by those who threw the first one and then
suddenly at last it was that being the alpha
god of all gods and omega, omg, naturally.

- looking glass houses vary ... Cheers!

Noah Sombrero

Aug 28, 2021, 1:02:08 PM8/28/21
On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:36:36 -0400, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:

>In article <mnekiglokuc19evkr...@4ax.com>,
>liber...@south.south.com says...
>>1. Does God know the last number?
>>2. Can God make a rock so heavy that God can't lift it?
>>3. Why don't we see discarded prosthetic limbs alongside
>>discarded crutches at 'faith healing' events?
>>4. We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
>>and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
>>We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?
>

>1. Yes.
>
>2. Sure.

Also able to lift a rock to big that he would be unable to create it.
What a guy.

>3. Because prosthetic limbs don't suffer from
>original sin, obviously.
>
>4. God IS infinitely funny and witty. He made
>you unable to see it just to amuse the rest of us.
>

>So much for the questions being unanswerable.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Aug 28, 2021, 1:42:24 PM8/28/21
On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 13:02:05 -0400, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:36:36 -0400, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <mnekiglokuc19evkr...@4ax.com>,
>>liber...@south.south.com says...
>>>1. Does God know the last number?
>>>2. Can God make a rock so heavy that God can't lift it?
>>>3. Why don't we see discarded prosthetic limbs alongside
>>>discarded crutches at 'faith healing' events?
>>>4. We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
>>>and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
>>>We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?
>>

>>1. Yes.
>>
>>2. Sure.
>
>Also able to lift a rock to big that he would be unable to create it.
>What a guy.

All of which proves that god refuses to be concerned with what we
don't understand.

>>3. Because prosthetic limbs don't suffer from
>>original sin, obviously.
>>
>>4. God IS infinitely funny and witty. He made
>>you unable to see it just to amuse the rest of us.

But is god able to create a joke that would not make him laugh?

Noah Sombrero

Aug 28, 2021, 1:48:37 PM8/28/21
On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 13:42:21 -0400, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
better phrasing:
so funny that he would not be able to laugh?

ansaman

Aug 29, 2021, 12:48:30 AM8/29/21
On 8/28/2021 9:51 AM, o'Mahoney wrote:
> We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
> and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
> We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?

He is... you just don't get the joke!

--
**The AnsaMan**
Stupor Mundi!

Gregory Carr

Aug 29, 2021, 5:58:03 AM8/29/21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTd98xAERag

Hope they find a cure for schizophrenia I donate to BCSS on a regular basis off the medications for a year initially totally by accident orgasms coming back tourette's still a problem but way worse under the medication still have horrible nightmares had one today of drowning while walking on a pinball machine. Insomnia a problem but it was with the medication I once took the whole prescription capsule still couldn't sleep and hit a bar.

BC Schizophrenia Society – Provincial Office
1100 – 1200 West 73rd Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6P 6G5

604-270-7841
1-888-888-0029

in...@bcss.org you can send a donation there please specify research for a cure.

hmmm

Aug 29, 2021, 6:26:01 AM8/29/21
ansaman wrote:
>On 8/28/2021 9:51 AM, o'Mahoney wrote:
>>
>> We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
>> and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
>> We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?
>
>He is... you just don't get the joke!

https://theconversation.com/what-the-early-church-thought-about-gods-gender-100077

<< early Christian writings and texts, all
refer to God in feminine terms.>>

- hm3

Gregory Carr

Aug 29, 2021, 2:58:39 PM8/29/21
Genesis 2:7 ESV /
Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

Genesis 1:26-27 ESV /
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of GOD he created him; male and female he created them.

GOD is not feminine. Why would a deity make itself have menstrual cycles? The only SON of GOD was of course JESUS a male. GOD stated in the Bible that women were chattel.

o'Mahoney

Sep 5, 2021, 6:28:24 AM9/5/21
On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:36:36 -0400, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:

>In article <mnekiglokuc19evkr...@4ax.com>,
>liber...@south.south.com says...
>>1. Does God know the last number?
>>2. Can God make a rock so heavy that God can't lift it?
>>3. Why don't we see discarded prosthetic limbs alongside
>>discarded crutches at 'faith healing' events?
>>4. We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
>>and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
>>We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?
>

>1. Yes.

I should have clarified. Does God know the last *natural* number?
Does God know the last decimal of every *irrational* number including
Euler's number, the square root of 8, Pi and the golden ratio? Does
God know the largest irrational number? Does God know the final
prime? Does God know the final rational number?

>2. Sure.
>
>3. Because prosthetic limbs don't suffer from
>original sin, obviously.
>
>4. God IS infinitely funny and witty. He made
>you unable to see it just to amuse the rest of us.
>

>So much for the questions being unanswerable.

one

Sep 5, 2021, 7:54:38 AM9/5/21
o'Mahoney wrote:

>I should have clarified. Does God know the last *natural* number?
>Does God know the last decimal of every *irrational* number including
>Euler's number, the square root of 8, Pi and the golden ratio? Does
>God know the largest irrational number? Does God know the final
>prime? Does God know the final rational number?

A pair, a dime, a time can shifts a box in shadows made by frogs
when a boxing ring of truth claims worms beneath the lids there on.

The questions presuppose a last or final number exists
for the various categories of numbers contained
in the questions without question,
knot to mention the largest.

A number line mite might find ever sewn many points,
and between those points, more points, and sew on
adding between them all until one finds them all
or is unable to find them all really given a so-
so-called Real number line.

There and then may be an odd gee whiz aum a tree
thing when the square root of two appears in sand.

Being able to easily draw the length of such a critter
could lend a hand to rooting out an irrational thought.

- connecting dots ... Cheers!

Noah Sombrero

Sep 5, 2021, 7:56:24 AM9/5/21
On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 18:28:18 +0800, o'Mahoney
<liber...@south.south.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:36:36 -0400, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <mnekiglokuc19evkr...@4ax.com>,
>>liber...@south.south.com says...
>>>1. Does God know the last number?
>>>2. Can God make a rock so heavy that God can't lift it?
>>>3. Why don't we see discarded prosthetic limbs alongside
>>>discarded crutches at 'faith healing' events?
>>>4. We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
>>>and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
>>>We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?
>>

>>1. Yes.
>
>I should have clarified. Does God know the last *natural* number?
>Does God know the last decimal of every *irrational* number including
>Euler's number, the square root of 8, Pi and the golden ratio? Does
>God know the largest irrational number? Does God know the final
>prime? Does God know the final rational number?

Of course.

>>2. Sure.
>>
>>3. Because prosthetic limbs don't suffer from
>>original sin, obviously.
>>
>>4. God IS infinitely funny and witty. He made
>>you unable to see it just to amuse the rest of us.
>>

>>So much for the questions being unanswerable.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Sep 5, 2021, 7:59:48 AM9/5/21
On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 04:55:04 -0700, one <mit...@apolka.sign> wrote:

>o'Mahoney wrote:
>
>>I should have clarified. Does God know the last *natural* number?
>>Does God know the last decimal of every *irrational* number including
>>Euler's number, the square root of 8, Pi and the golden ratio? Does
>>God know the largest irrational number? Does God know the final
>>prime? Does God know the final rational number?
>
>A pair, a dime, a time can shifts a box in shadows made by frogs
>when a boxing ring of truth claims worms beneath the lids there on.
>
>The questions presuppose a last or final number exists

As for various other conundrums, the existence of a knowledge does not
mean that it is possible for humans to know it.

--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Sep 5, 2021, 8:16:43 AM9/5/21
On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 07:59:47 -0400, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2021 04:55:04 -0700, one <mit...@apolka.sign> wrote:
>
>>o'Mahoney wrote:
>>
>>>I should have clarified. Does God know the last *natural* number?
>>>Does God know the last decimal of every *irrational* number including
>>>Euler's number, the square root of 8, Pi and the golden ratio? Does
>>>God know the largest irrational number? Does God know the final
>>>prime? Does God know the final rational number?
>>
>>A pair, a dime, a time can shifts a box in shadows made by frogs
>>when a boxing ring of truth claims worms beneath the lids there on.
>>
>>The questions presuppose a last or final number exists
>
>As for various other conundrums, the existence of a knowledge does not
>mean that it is possible for humans to know it.

In other words, it is possible, unlike god, for humans to invent a
number (square root of 8) that they cannot know.

It might actually be that god does not count things. For all we know.
Wouldn't that be like you counting how many cells comprise your liver?

Gregory Carr

Sep 6, 2021, 3:20:53 AM9/6/21
On Sunday, 5 September 2021 at 03:28:24 UTC-7, o'Mahoney wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:36:36 -0400, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:
> >In article <mnekiglokuc19evkr...@4ax.com>,
> >liber...@south.south.com says...
> >>1. Does God know the last number?
> >>2. Can God make a rock so heavy that God can't lift it?
> >>3. Why don't we see discarded prosthetic limbs alongside
> >>discarded crutches at 'faith healing' events?
> >>4. We are good and God is infinitely good. We are smart
> >>and God is infinitely smart. We are kind and God is infinitely kind.
> >>We are witty and funny, so why isn't God infinitely witty and funny?
> >

> >1. Yes.
> I should have clarified. Does God know the last *natural* number?
> Does God know the last decimal of every *irrational* number including
> Euler's number, the square root of 8, Pi and the golden ratio? Does
> God know the largest irrational number? Does God know the final
> prime? Does God know the final rational number?

The Bible says he can wipe the tears from our eyes and count the hairs on our head and that he has a name for every star he created. I am not a crier and I ain't no weeper from that old metal song. How about a miracle? How about curing childhood cancer? Curing mental health problems? The skies we see at night are a great creation but we also get solar radiation and the sun can cause cataracts and skin cancer .

one

Sep 6, 2021, 6:41:40 AM9/6/21
Noah wrote:
>one wrote:
>>o'Mahoney wrote:
>>
>>>I should have clarified. Does God know the last *natural* number?
>>>Does God know the last decimal of every *irrational* number including
>>>Euler's number, the square root of 8, Pi and the golden ratio? Does
>>>God know the largest irrational number? Does God know the final
>>>prime? Does God know the final rational number?
>>
>>A pair, a dime, a time can shifts a box in shadows made by frogs
>>when a boxing ring of truth claims worms beneath the lids there on.
>>
>>The questions presuppose a last or final number exists
>
>As for various other conundrums, the existence of a knowledge does not
>mean that it is possible for humans to know it.

Especially if it does not exist such as, for example,
the last digit of the square root of two.

Geometrically, drawing a diagonal of a square
with a side equal to one, the square root of two
is easy enough visible but to calculate it numerically
brings a funny feature on the table placed.

one

Sep 6, 2021, 6:53:33 AM9/6/21
Noah wrote:
>Noah wrote:
>>one wrote:

>>>A pair, a dime, a time can shifts a box in shadows made by frogs
>>>when a boxing ring of truth claims worms beneath the lids there on.
>>>
>>>The questions presuppose a last or final number exists
>>
>>As for various other conundrums, the existence of a knowledge does not
>>mean that it is possible for humans to know it.
>
>In other words, it is possible, unlike god, for humans to invent a
>number (square root of 8) that they cannot know.

The square roots of 8 exists in various forms.
Take 2 times the square root of 2, for example.
One might take a minus two as a root too, prehaps.

A quest-
ion may form in terms of weather
and whether minus numbers actually exist or
arghh like maps which mathematicians like naturally.

>It might actually be that god does not count things.

It's possible gods do not exist
other than in the minds of those
for whom a god or gods do exist.

> For all we know.

Mathematics and sciences can be counted on, and are
counted on given various points, such as for example,
number lines and experimentally being able to repeat
phenomena and subsequently theorize to explain them.

>Wouldn't that be like you counting how many cells comprise your liver?

The cells in my liver are finite at a given time as are
the number of hairs on my head which exist and may
be said to be known by the Universal Being (UB).

That, UB, metaphysically speaking seeing
as how it's a category word, knows without knowing
intellectually. Similar to how water knows how to seek
and find its own level given a plane it's plain to see.

If, by definition, a god known as God is said to exist
and is known by the book known as The Book seeing
as how it says so, dogmatically, that's a form of being.

- of epistemology ... Cheers!

aye

Sep 6, 2021, 8:48:10 AM9/6/21
one wrote:
> Noah wrote:

>>It might actually be that god does not count things.
>
>It's possible gods do not exist
>other than in the minds of those
>for whom a god or gods do exist.
>
>> For all we know.

Can an actor be so involved acting
that he or she or it forgets it's an act?

Assuming a god, God, exists, it is possible
that before any scene was set a form of God
was there and formed all things to be performed
during the course of a history sewn in the Script.

In the Script as written before a time began some
readers are told to have a mind that was at a time
when, being in the form of God to hide that fact
and be in the form of an individual and then
a possibility exists for there to be rocks
so heavy they can't be moved, etc.

- by god, the god, God ...
-- John 1:1-3
--- Philippians 2:5-7

one

Sep 6, 2021, 9:02:48 AM9/6/21
aye wrote:
> one wrote:
>> Noah wrote:
>
>>>It might actually be that god does not count things.
>>
>>It's possible gods do not exist
>>other than in the minds of those
>>for whom a god or gods do exist.
>>
>>> For all we know.
>
>Can an actor be so involved acting
>that he or she or it forgets it's an act?

Once upon a time for a time beings were
time beings and didn't know about being
eternal beings let alone that they were
the Universal Being (UB) naturally.

>Assuming a god, God, exists, it is possible
>that before any scene was set a form of God
>was there and formed all things to be performed
>during the course of a history sewn in the Script.

When for a time that UB wrote a tale so tall that it
would be unbelievable to all except for those who
were chosen from before time began to believe it.

>In the Script as written before a time began some
>readers are told to have a mind that was at a time
>when, being in the form of God to hide that fact
>and be in the form of an individual and then
>a possibility exists for there to be rocks
>so heavy they can't be moved, etc.
>
>- by god, the god, God ...
>-- John 1:1-3
>--- Philippians 2:5-7

For all some so-
called individuals know their
epistemology is limited given there
are factors which prevent them from knowing.

At the end of an age a god, God, said that age
would change and from then on another age
known as science would reign instead of a
god or gods known to deists, theists, or
animists such as they were for a time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_28:20

While the Keys were given to Peter
and paganism waned when He who was
before the beginning arose from being dead
to spread the Word across the face of planet Earth,
that was for only those time beings who were written
in the Script who were called to have immortal souls.

Before the enlightenment age after time was reset
to zero, before the Common Era there was a BC
meaning calendars reflect the Script current
currently carrying people a Way that is
their Way which may be a TTC thing.

Ways are ways and yet
to say one is the One may
be to stretch a saying a bit
out of character given acts
that UB plays in parting.

- veils of temples in mind ...

Noah Sombrero

Sep 6, 2021, 9:54:58 AM9/6/21
God being granted for the purposes of the discussion.

>> For all we know.
>
>Mathematics and sciences can be counted on, and are
>counted on given various points, such as for example,
>number lines and experimentally being able to repeat
>phenomena and subsequently theorize to explain them.
>
>>Wouldn't that be like you counting how many cells comprise your liver?
>
>The cells in my liver are finite at a given time as are
>the number of hairs on my head which exist and may
>be said to be known by the Universal Being (UB).

No, no. The point is that a person would not bother to count tiny
parts of himself, and one supposes neither would god. Would god be so
silly? One never knows. He did create this silly universe after all,
as part of himself. Stop right there. Do not get entangled in
conundrums.

>That, UB, metaphysically speaking seeing
>as how it's a category word, knows without knowing
>intellectually. Similar to how water knows how to seek
>and find its own level given a plane it's plain to see.
>
>If, by definition, a god known as God is said to exist
>and is known by the book known as The Book seeing
>as how it says so, dogmatically, that's a form of being.

We need not consider such things, for the purpose of this discussion.

--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Sep 6, 2021, 9:56:40 AM9/6/21
On Mon, 06 Sep 2021 03:42:07 -0700, one <be...@apolka.sign> wrote:

>Noah wrote:
>>one wrote:

>>>A pair, a dime, a time can shifts a box in shadows made by frogs
>>>when a boxing ring of truth claims worms beneath the lids there on.
>>>
>>>The questions presuppose a last or final number exists
>>
>>As for various other conundrums, the existence of a knowledge does not
>>mean that it is possible for humans to know it.
>
>Especially if it does not exist such as, for example,
>the last digit of the square root of two.

For finite a being. For infinite beings, infinite things become
possible.

>Geometrically, drawing a diagonal of a square
>with a side equal to one, the square root of two
>is easy enough visible but to calculate it numerically
>brings a funny feature on the table placed.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Sep 6, 2021, 10:03:02 AM9/6/21
A marvelous slight of word.

--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Sep 6, 2021, 10:07:23 AM9/6/21
On Mon, 06 Sep 2021 06:03:15 -0700, one <be...@apolka.sign> wrote:

>aye wrote:
>> one wrote:

>>>It's possible gods do not exist
>>>other than in the minds of those
>>>for whom a god or gods do exist.

>>Can an actor be so involved acting
>>that he or she or it forgets it's an act?
>
>Once upon a time for a time beings were
>time beings and didn't know about being
>eternal beings let alone that they were
>the Universal Being (UB) naturally.
>
>>Assuming a god, God, exists, it is possible
>>that before any scene was set a form of God
>>was there and formed all things to be performed
>>during the course of a history sewn in the Script.
>
>When for a time that UB wrote a tale so tall that it
>would be unbelievable to all except for those who
>were chosen from before time began to believe it.

The conundrum consumes all. Isn't it wonderful. Watch out for the
ego traps though.
--
Noah Sombrero

one

Sep 6, 2021, 10:56:57 AM9/6/21
Noah wrote:
> one wrote:
>> Noah wrote:

>>>Wouldn't that be like you counting how many cells comprise your liver?
>>
>>The cells in my liver are finite at a given time as are
>>the number of hairs on my head which exist and may
>>be said to be known by the Universal Being (UB).
>
>No, no. The point is that a person would not bother to count tiny
>parts of himself, and one supposes neither would god. Would god be so
>silly? One never knows.

Jesus was said to say, the numbers are known.

Silly, kinda may be in September, an Happy Gnu's ear.

> He did create this silly universe after all,
>as part of himself. Stop right there. Do not get entangled in
>conundrums.

As if God were some he haw. A haw-haw-haw-haw saw puzzle.

>>That, UB, metaphysically speaking seeing
>>as how it's a category word, knows without knowing
>>intellectually. Similar to how water knows how to seek
>>and find its own level given a plane it's plain to see.
>>
>>If, by definition, a god known as God is said to exist
>>and is known by the book known as The Book seeing
>>as how it says so, dogmatically, that's a form of being.
>
>We need not consider such things, for the purpose of this discussion.

If a mountain were a mountain and then
there was a mountain then there was, then
a song by some Donovan was a song sung.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcMM5-zBCEc

- Cheers!

one

Sep 6, 2021, 10:58:14 AM9/6/21
Noah wrote:

>For infinite beings, infinite things become possible.

Assuming such beings exist.

- super! naturally!

one

Sep 6, 2021, 11:00:10 AM9/6/21
Noah wrote:

>The conundrum consumes all.

A pair of doxes once boxed in a ring.

> Isn't it wonderful.

The ring of Truth, know doubt.

> Watch out for the ego traps though.

Said the UB as it talked among its elves.

- Cheers!

Noah Sombrero

Sep 6, 2021, 11:05:04 AM9/6/21
Granted for the sake of this discussion. If we don't grant that, then
we cannot talk about what he knows.
--
Noah Sombrero

ansaman

Sep 6, 2021, 11:05:21 AM9/6/21
On 9/6/2021 9:56 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
> For finite a being. For infinite beings, infinite things become
> possible.

Provided there is an infinite being. As I have said,
I tend to favor the God as process idea, but who knows.
Not only that, the question is trivial.

ansaman

Sep 6, 2021, 11:11:13 AM9/6/21
I have theorized that God is the firmware
embedded in the hardware of the universe.

If there is any software, life itself is it.

The hierarchy I have theorized is:

Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Mind
Culture
Religion
Society
Information
Science
Technology

or something thereabouts.

o'Mahoney

Sep 6, 2021, 9:15:47 PM9/6/21
On Mon, 06 Sep 2021 15:33:42 +0100, slider <sli...@anashram.com>
wrote:
>### - (my sever doesn't allow cross-posting so he'll likely never see this
>reply anyway, but)

There you go. Fixed it for you.
Pay peanuts, get monkeys. However, if you toss aioe, you can use
eternal-september like most of these fellas, it's free too.

Or, you could use a paid block like me, only about $15 for a TB, will
last you for ages and you can access all the binaries too, like the
e-books, mags, a whole universe of shows etc.

Don't live in ignorance and darkness :)

>exactly! there's nada to consider!
>
>coz there IS no... philosophy!

Bullshit. It's only people like you who lack the ability to WONDER
who don't or can't understand what philosophy actually is. What about
the philosophy of logic, the philosophy of mathematics, metaphysics,
ethics and epistemology. Ever heard of a guy called Bertrand Russell?
I did an elective in my first year commerce degree called Phil 101. It
was predominantly logic - how to think. Then, the use of that tool in
dissecting very big subjects indeed. A very, very hard unit in which
to score anymore than a pass...and, no bullshit accepted.

Brian, as usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

>or do you really think the Universe (or 'god' if you really must
>anthropomorphise everything) sits there in its vastness: figuring things
>out?? (riiiight...)
>
>no! - it just IS - and is just doing ITS thing regardless of 'anything' we
>might ever wanna 'think' about it! it's too BIG to ever understand anyway!
>literally goes out of sight in every direction one looks!
>
>we'll NEVER understand it!
>
>don't even TRY! the universe doesn't 'think' - it's silent! :)

What on earth are you trying to say?

>as such: philosophy + anything else we might rationalise or come-up with,
>doesn't exist except in the heads of dumbass human beings who literally
>made up/invented ALL that crap themselves! putting OUR words in the mouth
>of the universe?? duh! (i think what god MEANT to saaaay? riiight...)

You are so fucking bitter. Old saying - life gives you lemons, make
lemonade.

>the simple + direct truth of the matter being: that we do not KNOW...
>anything!

Tell that to they who use electron scanning microscopy, particle
colliders and monoclonal antibodies.

>so why pretend? why get lost in useless conjecture that will never resolve
>anything!

Hey, I almost forgot. You evidently have an IQ of +160. Who am I to
argue with the great "you"

>it 'feels' nice so we keep doin' it, is that it?? lol :))))

>yeah well: STOP it! leave it alone! (or you'll stay blind? really laffing
>haha)

You know, I've never come across someone so scornful of practically
every other person on the planet, except some long dead poets. You
must really have a low opinion of yourself or have been dealt some
devastating psychological blows at some formative point.

I note these characters in this crossposted thread aren't like that.
Nor is anyone else in this froup, even Christopher. Wise up before
it's too late and the reaper reaps.

one

Sep 7, 2021, 8:41:38 AM9/7/21
ansaman wrote:
> one wrote:
>> Noah wrote:
>>
>>> For infinite beings, infinite things become possible.
>>
>> Assuming such beings exist.
>>
>> - super! naturally!
>
>I have theorized that God is the firmware
>embedded in the hardware of the universe.
>
>If there is any software, life itself is it.
>
>The hierarchy I have theorized is:
>
>Physics
>Chemistry
>Biology
>Mind
>Culture
>Religion
>Society
>Information
>Science
>Technology
>
>or something thereabouts.

Given what was theorized about God,
could that God do or know what was asked
in the original questions posed?

Is that God omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent?

If so, what do the three omni mean?

Does being all powerful prevent paradox?
Does being omniscient include last digits of irrational numbers?

If that God is omnipresent, and if last digits
of irrational numbers exist, then does that entail God is
present at the last digits of irrational numbers?

- for the sake of a theory ...

aye

Sep 7, 2021, 9:14:45 AM9/7/21
o'Mahoney wrote:
> slider wrote:
>> Noah wrote:

Questions are able to be asked
which have little or no meaning.

How high is up, for example.
An answer may deep end to a point.

Which direction is down, could be an other
for one who lives above or below an equator,
the imaginary line said to circle a pale blue dot.

>>> God being granted for the purposes of the discussion.

Is the god being taken for granted the tetragrammaton
of Abraham or the personal aspect of Brahman or some
other god of a sort being sorted out and through?

Is this god for the porpoises of the discussion a deist's god?
One who or which like a clock-maker who set a watch once
and then never touches the creation created by the god.

Does the god on the table intervene at times
or is the god in all things or is the god all things
as a theistic or panentheistic or pantheistic god?

Lots of gods have attributes once a mind is made up
in a fantasy of gods of pagan mind sets in cement.
From an a mist to a midst of invisible beings a fly
flying through gaps lands in an oin't meant.

>>> No, no. The point is that a person would not bother to count tiny
>>> parts of himself, and one supposes neither would god. Would god be so
>>> silly? One never knows.

If the god is the abba, the father of a man who
was said to be present at the creation, the logos,
in other words, that abba knows all the hairs on all
the heads of all the people all the time and watches
when a sparrow falls and like a father would not give
a child a stone who asks for bread either.

The man who was that god didn't know all things
naturally as a man and people, although they are,
in this version of a tale told to be like-minded to have
the mind that they as well were in the form of that god
but then took on people form forms and they don't know.

And if they don't know, then, as god, god doesn't know.

>>> He did create this silly universe after all,
>>> as part of himself. Stop right there. Do not get entangled in
>>> conundrums.

First, god is taken for granted, for purposes of a discussion.
Then, forget about discussing various attributes of the god.
Sounds like a quick end to a short discussion on the table.

>>> We need not consider such things
>>
>>### - (my sever doesn't allow cross-posting so he'll likely never see this
>>reply anyway, but)

Noah knows all, sees all, or not then and now he does.

>There you go. Fixed it for you.
>Pay peanuts, get monkeys. However, if you toss aioe, you can use
>eternal-september like most of these fellas, it's free too.
>
>Or, you could use a paid block like me, only about $15 for a TB, will
>last you for ages and you can access all the binaries too, like the
>e-books, mags, a whole universe of shows etc.
>
>Don't live in ignorance and darkness :)

Don't be like a hypothetical god invented for a discussion.

>>exactly! there's nada to consider!
>>
>>coz there IS no... philosophy!
>
>Bullshit. It's only people like you who lack the ability to WONDER
>who don't or can't understand what philosophy actually is. What about
>the philosophy of logic, the philosophy of mathematics, metaphysics,
>ethics and epistemology. Ever heard of a guy called Bertrand Russell?

Didn't he spill much ink over trying to prove 1+1=2?

Then, some other inventor sentenced some sentences proving how
some truths can't be proved within a system that takes them for
being granted, axiomatically, naturally, by definition?

>I did an elective in my first year commerce degree called Phil 101. It
>was predominantly logic - how to think. Then, the use of that tool in
>dissecting very big subjects indeed. A very, very hard unit in which
>to score anymore than a pass...and, no bullshit accepted.

A logical argument may be valid yet unsound.
Premises tend to make differences when added.

>Brian, as usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

Terms may be kneaded to be defined to make bread.

>>or do you really think the Universe (or 'god' if you really must
>>anthropomorphise everything) sits there in its vastness: figuring things
>>out?? (riiiight...)

Some gods in some tales may have known
their critters would do as they did prior to
saying: Lights. Camera. And, action!

>>no! - it just IS - and is just doing ITS thing regardless of 'anything' we
>>might ever wanna 'think' about it! it's too BIG to ever understand anyway!
>>literally goes out of sight in every direction one looks!

Kinda reminds one, aye, of a Tao.
For Tao Chia however, Tao is not god, a god, etc.

A said to be Tao of Tao Chia, according to the Chuang-tzu,
and the Tao Te Ching is in all things and every where going
without going and some may say being without being.

Neo-Taoists equated Tao with Wu, Nothing, Nonbeing.

Meanings of words are not fixed, says the Chuang-tzu,
yet are not simply hot air either seeing as how they may
and often do carry meaning. Conversations vary.

>>we'll NEVER understand it!
>>
>>don't even TRY! the universe doesn't 'think' - it's silent! :)
>
>What on earth are you trying to say?

He may be said to say, the Tao put in words isn't the Tao.
TTC 1 has many connotations as the word, Tao, can mean
words, walking, paths, doctrines, singular, plural, noun, verb.

http://www.bopsecrets.org/gateway/passages/tao-te-ching.htm

>>as such: philosophy + anything else we might rationalise or come-up with,
>>doesn't exist except in the heads of dumbass human beings who literally
>>made up/invented ALL that crap themselves! putting OUR words in the mouth
>>of the universe?? duh! (i think what god MEANT to saaaay? riiight...)
>
>You are so fucking bitter. Old saying - life gives you lemons, make
>lemonade.

The Vinegar Tasters arrived in mind yesterday, iirc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar_tasters

>>the simple + direct truth of the matter being: that we do not KNOW...
>>anything!
>
>Tell that to they who use electron scanning microscopy, particle
>colliders and monoclonal antibodies.

Rhetoric and hyperbole could lend their hands
bringing and wringing bells on a table when
semantics are at play and contexts the rulers.

>>so why pretend? why get lost in useless conjecture that will never resolve
>>anything!
>
>Hey, I almost forgot. You evidently have an IQ of +160. Who am I to
>argue with the great "you"

For me, to pretend can be to adopt
a paradigm to ease a weary soul.

To presume, for example, forgiveness exists.
Vengence belongs to a god, as another.

To believe consciousness survives physical death
or that reincarnation is a fact, could satisfy and/oar knots.

>>it 'feels' nice so we keep doin' it, is that it?? lol :))))
>>
>>yeah well: STOP it! leave it alone! (or you'll stay blind? really laffing
>>haha)
>
>You know, I've never come across someone so scornful of practically
>every other person on the planet, except some long dead poets. You
>must really have a low opinion of yourself or have been dealt some
>devastating psychological blows at some formative point.

Trauma isn't always fun.
There's nothing like a good except when bad exists as wells
well bringing up from beneath a depth at length for a while.

>I note these characters in this crossposted thread aren't like that.
>Nor is anyone else in this froup, even Christopher. Wise up before
>it's too late and the reaper reaps.

If there is no life after physical/material being
then there's no problem for those having shed skins.

- in the game ... thanks! Cheers!

Noah Sombrero

Sep 7, 2021, 9:16:14 AM9/7/21
More information that humans cannot know. But if we assume that god
created this contraption, it would make sense to us to assume that
this god is everywhere, knows everything. Not that making sense to us
is proof of anything. It merely shows us where our limit is.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Sep 7, 2021, 9:31:50 AM9/7/21
If life is a game. To me this all suggests a prescription for knowing
that I don't know anything. Fine, except that I don't know that
either.

... thanks! Cheers!
--
Noah Sombrero

eye

Sep 7, 2021, 10:08:59 AM9/7/21
Noah wrote:

>>Questions are able to be asked
>>which have little or no meaning.
>>
>>How high is up, for example.
>>An answer may deep end to a point.
>>
>>Which direction is down, could be an other
>>for one who lives above or below an equator,
>>the imaginary line said to circle a pale blue dot.

Really is
ore can be
an other word
added to a quest-
ion of sorts to be an-
swerable or unanswerable.

Which direction of the pale blue dot point
when it spins going basically round a sun known
as the Sun of all suns? Which Way is up, in other words?

Standing on the surface of what appears to be, really,
really appears to be flat, with a star able to rise and set,
moving higher or lower at times through a sky, Earth can be
proven using Ptolemaic astronomy to be at a center.

Science, with its inductive reasoning and empirical gathering
of phenomena brings to a point various points going beyond
the ability of its own methodology. Hypotheticals spring froth.

>>If there is no life after physical/material being
>>then there's no problem for those having shed skins.
>>
>>- in the game
>
>If life is a game. To me this all suggests a prescription for knowing
>that I don't know anything. Fine, except that I don't know that
>either.

This morning my Tao took me walking a round
several square and rectangular blocks when suddenly
a neighbor appeared who knew my name and called out
saying hi or hello.

I knew his name but didn't know it. His companion how-
ever, a four-footed friend, her name was recalled and,
asking how she, by name, was doing we conversed, he
and I, we did, did we, yes we did.

Then, after we'd passed like two neighbors at sunrise,
about half a minute amount of time later his name was
recalled and a wonder was, how did that happen?

A mind of mine works without me knowing how with
its elf and elves doing things unknown to me yet it,
they and them are all me, unless defined as not me.

- given: a school; life is ...

one

Sep 7, 2021, 10:14:57 AM9/7/21
Noah wrote:
Humans can know if they define their terms in a Way.
That very Way, by definition, entails their epistemology.

If, axiomatically, logically speaking, humans say their god
knows all things then that god is omniscient, by definition.

A valid logical argument may then follow and proven
using deduction which goes Way far beyond science
with its inductive reasoning abilities and is not super-
natural naturally. Ontology and metaphysics have
their know-hows and how evers.

> But if we assume that god
>created this contraption, it would make sense to us to assume that
>this god is everywhere, knows everything. Not that making sense to us
>is proof of anything. It merely shows us where our limit is.

We can assume such a god is this contraption that traps us
and is us and knows numbers that have infinite potentials
yet just as well infinity is not a number.

To the right of a decimal point, if a number extends without end,
and is infinite in that dimension on a line in a given reality, then,
to know the infinite in a finite Way, we may.

- like the radical two fer example ... Cheers!

Noah Sombrero

Sep 7, 2021, 10:23:07 AM9/7/21
You get to choose. This is a mystery. Or, if you like, there is an
explanation. This is a recent development. In ages past, there was
only the mystery.
--
Noah Sombrero

aman

Sep 7, 2021, 10:29:09 AM9/7/21
eye saw:
> Noah wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_root

Like, totally rad, man.

<< called the radical >>

It's a sign! A sign!

<< The term (or number) whose
square root is being considered is known
as the radicand. The radicand is the number
or expression underneath the radical sign >>

So, the term (or number) is a who, given: the above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_root_of_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi

Some numbers may be algebraic. Others, transcendental.

God knows pi is easy enought to show and see simply
via drawing a line, a curved line naturally, in the sand.

Socrates could have proved a boy who didn't know how
had the know how to show a diameter and a circumference
is well known enought to know how a circle goes.

>>>Questions are able to be asked
>>>which have little or no meaning.
>>>
>>>How high is up, for example.
>>>An answer may deep end to a point.
>>>
>>>Which direction is down, could be an other
>>>for one who lives above or below an equator,
>>>the imaginary line said to circle a pale blue dot.
>
>Really is
>ore can be
>an other word
>added to a quest-
>ion of sorts to be an-
>swerable or unanswerable.

Does the sun known as the Sun really rise?
Is the earth known as the Earth really a blue dot?

How does a sound sound to an ant who is a number
of units away from a tree falling when the sound sounds
different to a dog ten thou sand-units farther further?

What is a sound, really, when an it waves?

>Which direction of the pale blue dot point
>when it spins going basically round a sun known
>as the Sun of all suns? Which Way is up, in other words?
>
>Standing on the surface of what appears to be, really,
>really appears to be flat, with a star able to rise and set,
>moving higher or lower at times through a sky, Earth can be
>proven using Ptolemaic astronomy to be at a center.
>
>Science, with its inductive reasoning and empirical gathering
>of phenomena brings to a point various points going beyond
>the ability of its own methodology. Hypotheticals spring froth.
>
>>>If there is no life after physical/material being
>>>then there's no problem for those having shed skins.
>>>
>>>- in the game
>>
>>If life is a game.

Life is a bowl of cheerios
kids and alpha-omega bit soup as
well a well wells as life being a prison camp.

> To me this all suggests a prescription for knowing
>>that I don't know anything. Fine, except that I don't know that
>>either.
>
>This morning my Tao took me walking a round
>several square and rectangular blocks when suddenly
>a neighbor appeared who knew my name and called out
>saying hi or hello.
>
>I knew his name but didn't know it. His companion how-
>ever, a four-footed friend, her name was recalled and,
>asking how she, by name, was doing we conversed, he
>and I, we did, did we, yes we did.

Her name was and is Dotty, by the Way.

>Then, after we'd passed like two neighbors at sunrise,
>about half a minute amount of time later his name was
>recalled and a wonder was, how did that happen?
>
>A mind of mine works without me knowing how with
>its elf and elves doing things unknown to me yet it,
>they and them are all me, unless defined as not me.
>
>- given: a school; life is ...

When a pronoun stands in for a noun, me, for example,
what the noun is may escape without notice and if one
does not exist one could be invented, two suffice.

When a pronoun, say, my, is attached to a noun, to
modify the noun as for examply, my mind, soul, body,
then who is one might be the number of a man, aye.

- aman ... Cheers!

liaM

Sep 7, 2021, 10:40:44 AM9/7/21
How is something created from nothing? I always loved that as a proof
the universe is unfathomable. Except today, eureka. The answer to
existence can be found by finding a convenient definition of what
"nothing" is.

Nothing is what I say it is, since I'm so full of myself!

one

Sep 7, 2021, 10:41:22 AM9/7/21
Noah asserted:

>You get to choose. This is a mystery. Or, if you like, there is an
>explanation. This is a recent development. In ages past, there was
>only the mystery.

In one age, there was only, dogma.

In a New Age, there is woo
so may say a materialist/physical type
of dogmatic persona as one wells and dwells
in a land ruled by ists of a scientific religion of sorts.

For me, being a Taoist of all ists in Usenet of all nets,
being able to choose is a beautiful feature film of Tao Chia.

Perspectives enable a Tao to be a Tao.

Given: a Tao Te Ching as a source; the Tao, aka, Way
that is a Way is not always nor necessarily the,
in other words, the one and only, Way.

One of the ones of Tao Chia may be an uncommon Way.

- go figure figures on ice thick and thin ... Thanks again!

one

Sep 7, 2021, 10:45:00 AM9/7/21
liaM asked:

>How is something created from nothing?

Ways may vary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy

> I always loved that as a proof
>the universe is unfathomable. Except today, eureka. The answer to
>existence can be found by finding a convenient definition of what
>"nothing" is.
>
>Nothing is what I say it is, since I'm so full of myself!

No thing is a value able
Two be a thing too
Emerging ringing from
The one and only

One is born of Tao
Tao is of its Elf sew

- prepositional phases ...

mite

Sep 7, 2021, 10:47:43 AM9/7/21

Is God the Omega?

- naturally ...

ansaman

Sep 7, 2021, 10:48:59 AM9/7/21
On 9/7/2021 10:09 AM, eye wrote:
> This morning my Tao took me walking a round
> several square and rectangular blocks when suddenly
> a neighbor appeared who knew my name and called out
> saying hi or hello.
>
> I knew his name but didn't know it. His companion how-
> ever, a four-footed friend, her name was recalled and,
> asking how she, by name, was doing we conversed, he
> and I, we did, did we, yes we did.
>
> Then, after we'd passed like two neighbors at sunrise,
> about half a minute amount of time later his name was
> recalled and a wonder was, how did that happen?
>
> A mind of mine works without me knowing how with
> its elf and elves doing things unknown to me yet it,
> they and them are all me, unless defined as not me.

In my experience it seems to take two to three
minutes. I think it is like something being stored
in a zip file that has to be decompressed.

ansaman

Sep 7, 2021, 11:01:23 AM9/7/21
The God I am referring to is not a being.
That God is an event and/or the underlying
structure of the universe with its precesses
that we know more about all the time.

> Is that God omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent?

Remember the invisible hand of the market that
is explained in economics? God is like that.
Acts without acting, Knows without knowing. Does without doing.

> If so, what do the three omni mean?

The three omni reflects the efficient action of the
underlying structure and processes that have created
everything that exists including ongoing processes.

> Does being all powerful prevent paradox?
> Does being omniscient include last digits of irrational numbers?

The power is virtual. The knowledge is virtual. Therefore,
these questions lose meaning.

> If that God is omnipresent, and if last digits
> of irrational numbers exist, then does that entail God is
> present at the last digits of irrational numbers?
>
> - for the sake of a theory ...

Given what I have posited, God is everywhere
and everywhen, but at the same time nowhere and
nowhen. God is a manifestation of the system and
the system is a manifestation of God.

God knows everything because all knowledge is part
of the system. God is all powerful because all processes
are included in the system.

The scripture hinted: "I am that I am" in a way
of personifying the underlying events and processes.

The nature of God, in a sense, is ineffable because
one is so restricted in time, space, and capacity
as to never appreciate the totality of the system
or the processes.

Noah Sombrero

Sep 7, 2021, 11:23:18 AM9/7/21
*Nothing* is what I say it is.
Nothing is what *I* say it is.
*Nothing* is what *I* say it is.

Physicists don't posit a nothing from which the universe was created.
They propose another turtle on the way down. The universe was created
in a big bang. A tiny dot of something that exploded most violently
and expanded to be the universe which is still expanding. But since
we know that there cannot be a limit while there must be a limit,
physicists are lifting the skirts of that tiny dot to peer inside.
Genitalia in there?
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Sep 7, 2021, 12:02:57 PM9/7/21
There's this book which W.B. Yeats said was related to him by his wife
in a transe, called "A Vision", in which the medium in contact with his
wife asserted that the universe oscillates from nothing to something
through a process of reciprocating cones, I wish I could remember their
names and concepts, "Body of Fate" being one.

One thing I recall concerning the book. Sex was nowhere mentioned :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Vision