Pouch preferences

Mark Storkamp

Mar 1, 2016, 9:37:29 AM3/1/16
It seems there might be some life in this newsgroup after all, so I'll
pose a question / poll of peoples preferences.

I have a urostomy and the hospital started me on a 2 piece bag, but I
had problems where my waistband runs over the plastic snap ring joint
between the two halves. The bag would rub against the plastic ring and
wear through giving me leaks. I switched to a 1 piece and haven't had a
leak since.

But I don't get the pre-cut bags because they're opaque, and to put on
the one piece it seems easier to me to use a clear bag and that's only
available in cut to size.

How do people deal with lining up a one piece bag over the stoma when
you can't see around the entire opening to see if you got it on
centered? I typically have to lightly apply it, check if I'm centered,
and readjust as necessary until I'm centered. Then I press it in place.

Robin Bignall

Mar 1, 2016, 7:11:09 PM3/1/16
On Tue, 01 Mar 2016 08:37:28 -0600, Mark Storkamp <msto...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
I use a two-piece appliance for my extremely active ileostomy just to
avoid the accurate placement problem with a precut flange and opaque
bag. Luckily, my stoma is just below the waistband.
--
Robin Bignall
Herts, England

Mark Storkamp

Mar 2, 2016, 9:35:27 AM3/2/16
In article <onbcdbtcfd7mm2rg3...@4ax.com>,
I wonder if there weren't better options for where my stoma is placed. I
guess the trick is to do the best with what you've got at this point.