Pets for Kids with ODD?

Doug&Michelle

Feb 24, 2006, 1:15:26 PM2/24/06
This is my first time posting here, my 6 year old has been diagnosed with
ODD just a few months ago, but probably has had it for a couple years. We
have done everything we can think of to help her, starting with positive
parenting, taking sugar out of her diet, and putting her in a special class
called Structured Success. It seems like there will be a string of fairly
good days, then all of a sudden there will be bad days, awful temper
tantrums and there is no way to deal with it.

It seems like there is no support for this and we feel so alone. I wish my
daughter could just be a happy child.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with children with ODD and Pets,
specifically cats. Does having one help them? Does the child show
improvement in her/his attitude as a result of having a pet?

Thanks for any help,

Michelle Giordano