Documentary on Scrupulosity

rinkjustice

Apr 1, 2003, 4:51:45 PM4/1/03
Hi all,
I'm floating the idea of filming a documentary on those who suffer
from Scrupulosity (OCD regarding religious themes)... particularly
those who feel they've at one time commited the Unpardonable Sin. I'd
like a few volunteer subjects who would allow me to film them and hear
their stories. I have filming equipment and an editing system at my
disposal, but no funding at this embryonic stage of the project.

As some of you know, I personally suffer from Scrupulosity and have
felt at one time I have commited this awful sin against God. You can
read about my experiences here:
http://www.geocities.com/rinkjustice1/ocd.htm
I think it's a compelling subject matter and I've personally done alot
of research and praying about this, I just need people who suffer from
this crippling fear to help me tell the world about it.

If you're interested, email rinkjustice@rocket_NO_SPAM_PLZ_mail.com

Ann R Quay

Apr 2, 2003, 6:17:11 AM4/2/03
My favourite jesus freak, rinkjustice, wrote:
> I'm floating the idea of filming a documentary on those who suffer
> from Scrupulosity (OCD regarding religious themes)... particularly
> those who feel they've at one time commited the Unpardonable Sin. I'd
> like a few volunteer subjects who would allow me to film them and hear
> their stories.

I've don't think I've ever commited the 'Unpardonable Sin' since I don't
believe in God, which I suspect is a prerequisite. Maybe not. I really
don't know. Either way, if you ever need 'sinners' of other sorts, I'd
be happy to help you out.

--
ARQ
Add a dot on each side of the 'r' in my name

rinkjustice

Apr 2, 2003, 4:52:03 PM4/2/03
> My favourite jesus freak, rinkjustice, wrote:
> > I'm floating the idea of filming a documentary on those who suffer
> > from Scrupulosity (OCD regarding religious themes)... particularly
> > those who feel they've at one time commited the Unpardonable Sin. I'd
> > like a few volunteer subjects who would allow me to film them and hear
> > their stories.
>
> I've don't think I've ever commited the 'Unpardonable Sin' since I don't
> believe in God, which I suspect is a prerequisite. Maybe not. I really
> don't know. Either way, if you ever need 'sinners' of other sorts, I'd
> be happy to help you out.

I like being called a Jesus freak (note the capital "J", ahem). It
tells me I'm doing something right :)

I'll try and squeeze you in somehow Ann darling... maybe as a Satan
worshiper. Hmmm.

Ann R Quay

Apr 3, 2003, 3:40:33 AM4/3/03
rinkjustice wrote:
> I'll try and squeeze you in somehow Ann darling... maybe as a Satan
> worshiper. Hmmm.

Does being a worshiper of Satan mean you also believe in the existence
of God since the concept of Satan a Christian concept?

I believe in the existence of Satan about as much as I believe in the
existence of Santa.

Bryan Kilgallin

Apr 3, 2003, 8:41:37 AM4/3/03
Okay, I'll go with this (agreement in principle), but not with the medium, that
excludes distant participation (I'm in Australia).

<filming a documentary>

Publishing an article would be more straightforward.

<on those who suffer from Scrupulosity>

My problem is that people are not interested in this topic. They don't want to
be told that they are morally sloppy.

<OCD regarding religious themes>

My belief system is eclectic, but I have serious scrupulosity that has caused me
enormous employment suffering. It doesn't have to be religious; any kind of
moral system will do.

<particularly those who feel they've at one time commited the Unpardonable Sin.>

This is severe self-blame, a psychologically significant problem. Discuss it
with your treating therapist.

<I'd like a few volunteer subjects who would allow me to film them>

As I said, this is a bit impractical. I can record .AVI videos and e-mail them.
But more than a few seconds and my correspondents complain of too big file-size!

<hear their stories.>

I have some exerpts in my support group page.
http://www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/support/
But I am more interested in behaviour therapy for treating this problem.

<I have filming equipment and an editing system at my disposal>

I think that for you this is a solution seeking a problem.

<no funding at this embryonic stage>

Save your money and use a less demanding medium.

<have felt at one time I have commited this awful sin>

The antisocial personalities can commit serious criminal acts without remorse.
What you have is a disease.

<I think it's a compelling subject matter>

I think, from the reactions I've gotten to my own scrupulosity problem, that
it's a bloody bore. Get on with your life despite your problem, and stop
wallowing in it!

<I've personally done alot of research and praying about this>

That's it! Quit worrying, and get on with living, instead.

<tell the world about it.>

No, the world does not want to know. I found an academic plagiarising, and
called in the university's Copyright Officer. I got a reference from the Head Of
Department, saying that he never wanted me back there! Martyrdom is not as
rewarding as the Moslems might have us believe.
:/
[Sigh]
Never tell a lie when you can bullshit your way through.

Ann R Quay

Apr 4, 2003, 1:09:06 AM4/4/03
Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> <I've personally done alot of research and praying about this>
>
> That's it! Quit worrying, and get on with living, instead.

That's a very good point!

rinkjustice

Apr 8, 2003, 11:33:49 PM4/8/03
I think you've missed the gist of the documentary entirely. This
particular project will focus soley on the Unpardonable Sin, with
interviews with actual Sons of Perdition as well as those who suffer
from scrupulosity. If that doesn't sound like a barrel of monkeys, I
don't know what does!
Seriously tho, I think it's grossly involving stuff that has a
"market".

>Quit worrying, and get on with living, instead.

This IS how I live, this is what I do. Some people sit on the porch
watching cars go by, (or read newgroups all day, adding their two
cents *ahem*).
I ruminate - not wallow - about matters of a spiritual nature.

myboarder...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 1:03:37 AM10/18/17
I think you should definitely do it and send me a copy of the film. I want to teach a work shop about the different types of O.C.D.