Latest TobaccoScam ad: "New Orleans is coming back strong And going smokegree is part of our city's special welcome."

Robert Broughton

Sep 11, 2007, 8:19:50 AM9/11/07
See the full ad at http://www.tobaccoscam.ucsf.edu/ads/pop_ad_large.cfm?ad=newOrleans

"New Orleans is coming back strong And going smokegree is part of our city's
special welcome." - Susan Spicer | Bayona & Herbsaint

"If making hospitality smokefree really held back business, the way the
tobacco industry has claimed, would Louisiana have gone smokefree right
after Hurricane Katrina?

Of course not.

"Coming back from a disaster of that magnitude takes everything you've got.
No way that you'll put an obstacle in your own path."

Louisiana went smokefree on January 1, 2007 because it's now what people
expect. The future is smokefree - nationally and globally. So why not make a
fresh start?

"My restaurant Bayona has been smokefree since 1995. Cooking for me is a
sensual act: rubbing ingredients together, the association of smells, is all
part of the pleasure. Somebody else's smoke subtracts that dimension."

"If you've never experienced smokefree, it might seem fraught with risk. Once
you've gone smoke-free, you realize it's a no-brainer."

"Recovering from disaster puts things in perspective. You focus on the
essentials. In New Orleans, those include the simple human joys, treasured
fully."

Get the facts at TobaccoScam.ucsf.edu

tobaccoscam
Big Tobacco