need practical advice

daughter....@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2006, 9:03:05 PM11/15/06
I need advice on how to approach my 57-year old mom about quitting
smoking (or at least not smoking in my presence). I don't think that
presenting her will the statistics on how secondhand smoke effects my
health (causes headaches, labors breathing, etc) will work. She'll
just get defensive, or say that she has a right to smoke in her own
house. We recently bought a home together after not living together
for 12 years. In the last month or so, I have become very resentful of
her exposing me to secondhand smoke. I was exposed throughout
childhood and don't think I should have to put up with it anymore.
Moving is not an option until the mortgage is refinanced in her name.
She has tried to quit smoking at least twice.