Actor To Marry Angel/Wife is PWMS

cowboy

Feb 17, 2001, 10:39:54 PM2/17/01
ANGEL ROMA PLANS TO WED STAR NOURI
She wants ceremony in Ireland
NORTHERN Ireland star Roma Downey has moved in with handsome actor Michael
Nouri - and they are planning to wed.

The 40-year-old Derry-born actress and the star of the blockbuster 80s film
Flashdance are living together in her $4million mansion in Malibu.

Sources say she wants to hold the wedding ceremony in Ireland.

Nouri, who is separated from his disabled wife Vicki, has lived in the
mansion before - almost two decades ago when he was dating Cary Grant's
ex-wife Dyan Cannon. The 55-year-old actor fell for double divorcee Roma
last year when he made an appearance on her hit show Touched By An Angel.

The couple launched into a steamy romance, but it was months before he could
bring himself to leave wheelchair-bound Vicki, who suffers from multiple
sclerosis.

Nouri and Vicki, 53, have been married since 1986. She filed for divorce in
1997, citing irreconcilable differences, but the case never proceeded.

The couple allegedly came to an agreement at the time that he was free to
date other women as long as he didn't leave her.

Now a publicist for Nouri - who stars with Sean Connery in the new film
Finding Forrester - says they are finally planning to divorce.

A source in Hollywood claims that Roma and Nouri plan to wed later this
year.

The insider says: "She's hoping it will be third time lucky."

Roma divorced director David Anspaugh in 1998 after three years of marriage.

They had a four-year-old daughter Reilly Marie.

She also had a brief marriage to American actor Leland Orser in her early
20s.

David/Janet Bell

Feb 18, 2001, 1:44:46 AM2/18/01
He is a creep!!! She isn't any better! Karma will get em.......

Tracy B.

Feb 18, 2001, 4:26:25 PM2/18/01
Roma downey wasn't even in "Flashdance" as far as I know. I saw the
moive on cable last year. I can't remember the starring actress's name,
but I'm positive it wasn't Roma Downey.

Tracy

Gayle

Feb 18, 2001, 5:39:57 PM2/18/01
It was Jennifer Beales in Flashdance
Gayle and Chris

flock here.

Jan & Larry Enders

Feb 18, 2001, 10:49:45 PM2/18/01
I have always felt that the only two people qualified to judge a relationship are the two people in the relationship.  Rather than pass judgement, I wish well for both parties in the divorce and hope only for the best in both of their new lives.

I will probably need assistance with my daily living in a few years.  While everyone has a right to their own opinion, I would rather be in a long term care facility than be looked after by a spouse who feels an obligation, rather than looking after me because she wants to.

David/Janet Bell wrote:

He is a creep!!!  She isn't any better! Karma will get em....... it was months before he could bring himself to leave wheelchair-bound Vicki, who suffers from multiple sclerosis.
remember she is an actress and a human. none of us are angels

SYLV77

Feb 19, 2001, 2:09:29 PM2/19/01
<< The insider says: "She's hoping it will be third time lucky." >>

She had better be lucky. Or this creep will dump her, too.

What goes around comes around.

I have no good wishes for this happy couple. Sorry.

Sylvia

David/Janet Bell

Feb 19, 2001, 6:44:50 PM2/19/01
It was the GUY the article was about that was in Flashdance. Played the
rich guy that was pursueing Jennifer Beale.

David/Janet Bell

Feb 19, 2001, 6:47:41 PM2/19/01

Her having MS is only a sidebar. Any man who cheats is a creep. If your unhappy, separate first, then look around.

Eagle Way2

Feb 20, 2001, 7:58:48 PM2/20/01
>>He is a creep!!! She isn't any better! Karma will get em.......<<

I can never understand why it is that folks think that people with MS don't
have ordinary, every day marital woes!!!

They have as much right to get divorced as anyone does. And, it was the *wife
who first filed!!

Let's be realistic, folks. Just because someone is in a w/c, or has any sort
of disability, does NOT mean they are easy to get along with... or even
*likeable, for that matter. It takes TWO to make OR break a marriage!

Judith

內躬偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻內躬偕爻,虜,齯滌`偕爻齯滌`偕中滌`偕爻,虜,齯

Eagle Way2

Feb 20, 2001, 8:00:25 PM2/20/01
>>I have always felt that the only two people qualified to judge a relationship
are
the two people in the relationship. Rather than pass judgement, I wish well
for
both parties in the divorce and hope only for the best in both of their new
lives.<<

Sensibly put!

Kathi Matthews

Feb 21, 2001, 2:55:08 PM2/21/01
In article <20010220195848...@ng-cp1.aol.com>,
eagl...@aol.compost (Eagle Way2) writes:

>Let's be realistic, folks. Just because someone is in a w/c, or has any sort
>of disability, does NOT mean they are easy to get along with... or even
>*likeable, for that matter. It takes TWO to make OR break a marriage!

Supposedly 70% of men with wives diagnosed with cancer leave, while only 5 of
women do!
Kathi

hotw...@optonline.net

Feb 21, 2001, 6:35:56 PM2/21/01
On 21 Feb 2001 19:55:08 GMT, kamat...@aol.com (Kathi Matthews)
wrote:

I must be in the five percent along with two of my friends.

Bill McCartney
Farmingdale, New York 11735

~|__
( o )\_

email address: hotw...@optonline.net
or MrBi...@optonline.net
Instant Message: MrBill0726

Kathi Matthews

Feb 21, 2001, 9:14:12 PM2/21/01
In article <3a945eb8...@news.optonline.net>, hotw...@optonline.net
writes:

>>Supposedly 70% of men with wives diagnosed with cancer leave, while only 5
>of
>>women do!
>>Kathi
>
>I must be in the five percent along with two of my friends.
>
>Bill McCartney

That's too bad. I'm sorry.
Kathi

florid...@gmail.com