California woman denied manicure over lupus scars, she says: 'I've never felt more like a leper'

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jul 18, 2018, 8:18:55 PM7/18/18
Nobody accuses democrats of intelligence. Especially Laguna Niguel
democrats.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/07/12/california-woman-denied-manicure-
over-lupus-scars-says-ive-never-felt-more-like-leper.html

A California woman claims she was denied a manicure at a local nail salon
due to the inflamed skin on her hands and arms, a symptom of lupus.

Jeniffer Dreyer Brown, 47, posted an emotional testimony detailing the
incident on Facebook on July 6. That day, Brown said temperatures reached
over 100 degrees, causing scars from her lupus – an autoimmune disease
Brown said she's lived with for 15 years – to flare. The sun’s ultraviolet
rays have been known to worsen symptoms for those with the condition,
according to the Lupus Foundation of America.

In the video, Brown claimed a manicurist at Happy Nails salon in Laguna
Niguel refused to perform a manicure. When Brown asked why, the
manicurist, who has not been identified, allegedly commented on her
inflamed skin.

Humiliated, Brown left, later recording her emotional response to the
incident.

“People judge me because I have lupus and my skin is broken out,” she said
through tears. “I’ve never felt more like a leper or more judged in Orange
County.”

As of Thursday morning, Brown’s video had more than 1,400 reactions,
nearly 100,000 views and hundreds of comments.

“My heart is broken. I will never set foot in Happy Nails again,” one
Facebook user wrote.

“You are a strong, beautiful woman, Jeniffer! Keep wearing those
sundresses and showing off your battle scars!” another commented.

Brown told Fox News on Thursday she’s received “an outpouring of love and
support” from friends and strangers alike, and has also received “tons of
messages from other people who have lupus asking about the disease.”

There is no cure for lupus, “an autoimmune disease – in which your immune
system attacks healthy cells by mistake – that can potentially damage many
parts of the body,” according to the Lupus Research Alliance.

The Lupus Foundation of America estimates roughly 1.5 million Americans
have the condition, which can cause skin rashes, lesions, joint pain and
fatigue, among other symptoms.

The disease is not contagious – rather, it’s a result of a person’s
hormones, genetics and environment, the foundation said.

Brown specifically has “discoid lupus,” which, to put it simply, means she
is “allergic to the sun,” she said.

“I was born and raised in Laguna Beach – there is no amount of sunblock or
umbrellas [to prevent the flares],” she said, adding that she proudly
sports her scars “rather than covering up my life.”

“The scars on my skin get red when I go outside,” Brown said, explaining
that she doesn’t currently have any new “eruptions,” nor did she at the
time she went for a manicure.

“I showed her my hands and she still denied me,” she said.

Attorney Scott Wellman said in a statement to Fox News on behalf of the
salon that the business followed the California Board of Cosmetology’s
code which states, in part, "No person ... shall perform service upon a
surface of the skin or scalp where such skin is inflamed, or broken ... or
where a skin infection or eruption is present."

"We at Happy Nails feel bad for the customer that presented with Lupus
disease. We do not discriminate at Happy Nails. The customer interpreted
our inability to work on her nails as discrimination," the statement
reads.

"I’ve never been discriminated against or so humiliated in my life."

- Jeniffer Dreyer Brown
Wellman added separately that "the workers are very hard working
immigrants that would want nothing more than to provide the service."

"However, they must follow the mandates of the law," he continued.

Still, Brown doesn't plan on returning to the salon, despite the fact she
had been there “multiple times” before the incident. She also hopes her
experience will raise awareness about lupus.

“I’ve never been discriminated against or so humiliated in my life,” Brown
said. “There’s no reason that anyone should feel that way.”

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.