CAPD treatment with supplements - partial success

capdman

May 28, 2012, 4:57:26 PM5/28/12
Hello all CAPD / APD sufferers (Central Auditory Processing Disorder)

I might have found a treatment for CAPD. This is an ongoing research of
mine so I might follow up with additional information in the next years.

Here are the things that appear to work for my CAPD. Each one seems to
work on its own so you can try with fewer of them if you can't find all.

I will also mention the brands, forgive me for potential spam, I think
this is important in this testing phase so you can check and verify if
this also works for you or not. Please follow up if it works, and also
if it doesn't.

A bad news is that I did not have time to double check I have totally
minimized the list of supplements, i.e. there might be a few entries in
the list which cause no good effect, but not many. In particular I am
not sure about the first two.

1) Liquid Emulsified Vitamin D3 by Life Extension lef.org - 3 drops per
day (note this is on the high edge)
2) Selenium (Sodium Selenite Solution) by Life Extension lef.org - 3
drops per day
3) DMAE-H3, DMAE Liquid 1.66 oz from Twinlab - 1 drop per day (note I am
particularly sensitive to this so you might need to up the dosage
significantly)
4) 100 to 200 mg of caffeine before the event you want to listen. This
effect doesn't last a whole day. Use caffeine tablets, don't trust real
coffee, because caffeine concentration in coffee is too variable.
5) Cicatridina Pomata by Farma-Derma - in the ear lobe and around it,
morning and evening. Sorry this is an Italian OTC med, you can try to
buy it on the internet if you can. Unfortunately it has many ingredients
and I don't know which is the important one. Here is the ingredients
list: water, vaseline oil, cetilstearic alcohol, sweet-almond oil,
stearyl (2) OE, stearil (21) OE (can't translate "OE" from Italian,
sorry, any chemistry expert here?), glycerin, sorbitol 70%, silicone
oil, chlorhexidine digluconate 20%, imidazolidinil urea, hyaluronic acid
sodium salt (0.2%), EDTA disodium salt, BHT.

Compared to no-treatment I'd say I can hear people speak from almost
double the distance, in nosiy places like pubs etc.
Clearly people without CAPD still hear better than me.

If you want to follow up on this subject insert the following string in
your post
CAPDTREATMENT12131415ABACAD
google search will find all posts with this string.
I will use this string if I have to follow-up in the future.

Best luck with your CAPD.

Capdman

Ken

May 29, 2012, 7:59:59 PM5/29/12
On May 29, 6:57 am, capdman <capdman.DONTS...@NO.SPAMshiftmail.com>
wrote:
This the first time I recall CAPD being mentioned in the group. For
more background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_processing_disorder