rehabilitation for back pain

Dhruv Parmar

Aug 26, 2011, 4:31:52 PM8/26/11
Hello,

I am a student of IIT Bombay, actually I am doing a project on
"rehabilitation'. and had lot of questions for people who are working
in this area. thanks you for accepting me part of this group.

Actually my main interest of work is, rehabilitation for back pain.
There are lots of people who are having back problem, may be because
of different reasons.
Also different type of exercises are there. people do yoga, use
different types of belts and all.

Still people are facing this problem, so the idea could be some device
which monitor persons daily activities and while doing daily activity
their exercise are done. In this wire less communication can play
magical role.

But to move further, I need to have clarity about back problems, in
which you could help me very well. So following are some of the
questions which are popping up, and could help me in deciding my
design insight.

• Reasons because of which, back pain occurs

• Types of back pain or different challenges patient face

• Is there any permanent solution for this

• How, regular exercise / rehabilitation can be helpful in back
problems

• Are these practices different for different back problem?

• Different types of belts are available in market, how
successful
they are in solving back problem?

• Is there any exercise which can be followed in all type of
buck
problems?

• According to you, how many patients follow rehabilitation for
back
problems?

• Why people don’t follow rehabilitation

• Is there any exercise which can be helpful for in emergency
cases?

Thank you
-Dhruv
+91 9820688107