CHAMOMILE TEA - SUCCESS!!!!!!

boogie bear

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
Dear All,
Yesterday - burn from hell - had taken
2 really strong painkillers and was still suffering. I'm waiting for
some decent marshmallow root from the states but in desperation
I drank a cup of chamomile tea, very nervously as I was sure
that I had read somewhere that someone had found this bad for IC.
Bloody hell - within a few minutes of drinking this the burning
sensation had lessened - I could have danced round the room!

I remember taking this years ago and feeling no effect but
now that I am on the blandest diet out I think the herb was actually
able to do its stuff without interferance from spices, caffeine etc.

I know this isnt very scientific and I've only tried it once
but the relief was almost instant and up until now nothing I've4
tried will help burning pain. I went to bed at 9-30pm and didnt get up to
pee
until 5-30am.

As I said I'm not sure wether this is an IC friendly thing but
I had to share my success with you all.

Beast wishes Les

-**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

ICCORNER

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
I, too, have found chamomile to be very soothing for my bladder (and stomach).
I believe chamomile is related to daisies, so people who have that allergy
shouldn't use chamomile. I've found a lot of relief in herb teas that are
advertised for soothing the tummy. That includes peppermint and fennel. Oh, and
my latest find is catnip. That one helps with spasms, too, which is something I
always find hard to treat. These herbs are all considered reasonably safe for
human consumption, which is something that is important to consider. So is
marshmallow root.

Love,
Carole

Have you subscribed to the ICCORNER NEWSLETTER? It's free, full of information,
and has a Q&A section where urologist Dr. Casey is kind enough to answer YOUR
IC questions. To subscribe or submit questions, email ICCO...@AOL.COM .

Jay

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
Les,

I am absolutely thrilled for you that you found chamomile tea to be soothing
for your bladder. I can understand your excitement!!

I was surprised that you are having difficulty in locating marshmallow.
From your message, you are obviously not "in the states" as you say you've
sent off for some of the herb from there.

May I ask whether you've been reading the thread I started on my own "trial"
of Marshmallow Root?? The reason I ask is that I have a HUGE packet of the
herb sitting here in my kitchen - and mention that I would be delighted to
be able to share it with another group member for the cost of just the
postage (just 26p if you're also in the UK). I had to get my health food
store to order it in specially for me, but he said it's not difficult to
get - not that I'll need any more for ages and ages ....!!

Anyway, if you're happy with drinking chamomile tea - that's great! I
personally can't stand the smell - let alone the taste. The marshmallow tea
is not nice (not too bad with sugar, though!) but I can at least handle the
smell and - more importantly - the taste. It's too early to say if it's
helping me, but I do believe it may well be.

Take care!

Kind Regards,
Jay/UK

boogie bear <boogie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

boogie bear

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
Jay,
Hi! Yes I've been following your marshmallow thread.
I've actually written a couple of times to your connectfree
address but I'm a bit of a beginner with computers so you maybe
didnt get them. I too am from the UK.

I managed to get a little marshmallow root from a shop in Cambridge
but it looks as if its been there since time began so I'm
not too sure about using it!!!

Are you thinking of going to the ICSG in Cambridge - think its in
October?

I have also recently began posting on the ICN UK message board.
Anthony Walker has posted there. I think it only started recently
so theres not very many people using it just now - useful to
speak to other people in the UK.

Best Wishes Les

Mary Alberto

Oct 9, 2017, 6:38:26 AM10/9/17
On Monday, June 7, 1999 at 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, boogie bear wrote:
> Dear All,
> Yesterday - burn from hell - had taken
> 2 really strong painkillers and was still suffering. I'm waiting for
> some decent marshmallow root from the states but in desperation
> I drank a cup of chamomile tea, very nervously as I was sure
> that I had read somewhere that someone had found this bad for IC.
> Bloody hell - within a few minutes of drinking this the burning
> sensation had lessened - I could have danced round the room!
>
> I remember taking this years ago and feeling no effect but
> now that I am on the blandest diet out I think the herb was actually
> able to do its stuff without interferance from spices, caffeine etc.
>
> I know this isnt very scientific and I've only tried it once
> but the relief was almost instant and up until now nothing I've4
> tried will help burning pain. I went to bed at 9-30pm and didnt get up to
> pee
> until 5-30am.
>
> As I said I'm not sure wether this is an IC friendly thing but
> I had to share my success with you all.
>
> Beast wishes Les
>

> -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
> Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Hi Les,
Just like you, I have benefitted a lot by adding chamomile tea to my regular diet. There are a lot of other health benefits too that are associated with chamomile tea. For me, it is the perfect beverage that keeps me calm, especially after a tiring day. Recently, I started having chamomile tea from Halmari tea and found it to be really nice. The quality is good and moreover, it is very reasonably priced. If anyone wishes to try it, you can get it here - https://www.halmaritea.co.uk/teas/halmari-gold-chamomile-loose-tea/

Regards,
Mary