Acyclovir causing heart palpitaitons?

headsup

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
I wonder if anyone out there taking acyclovir has experienced any heart
palpitations (when your heart kind of "skips" a beat every now & then) as a
side effect. I've been on acyclovir for about 3 months & this wierd thing
started 3 weeks ago. I have no history of any heart problems.

Thanks for any feedback!

Take care all......

DebJ54

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00

Call your doctor asap....

--
Free audio & video emails, greeting cards and forums
Talkway - http://www.talkway.com - Talk more ways (sm)

Jill5840

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
Well, let me tell you...I believe that the herpes virus itself can cause these
palpitations. I NEVER had any problems like this. Several months after getting
H, I noticed with increasing frequency every day more and more palpitations. I
am NOT a histrionic or highly stressed out person either, so it was not
anxiety. In fact, it would mostly occur when I was at my most relaxed...vegged
out in front of the tv or in bed. It got so bad that I couldn't sleep at
night...the skipping and the pounding and fluttering feeling.

Now, I have taken Famvir on and off, however, these sensations persisted
whether I was taking it or not. So, I cannot say that it did or did not
contribute, but I researched Famvir and discussed it with one of their pharmacy
reps and heart sensations were never listed as a possible side effect.

I finally went to a heart dr. who monitored the situation and put me on
Toprol after finding I did have indeed, an unusually high number of frequent
episodes of all different types of arrythmias with no organic cause.

It really worked, and made me feel great. I have taken myself off it now,
and have not had the intensity of attacks. I truly believe the virus itself
has something to do with this.

MARYGMARY

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
Hi Jill,
I don't take meds but I have over the last couple of months had some
eurythmia..kind of a small pain in my chest also. I haven't had it checked as
I had something similar but much more infreuently some time ago and I had a
physical last year where my hear was fine so they tell me. Does anyone else
get anything like this???

Love,
Mary

>Subject: Re: Acyclovir causing heart palpitaitons?
>From: jill...@aol.com (Jill5840)
>Newsgroups: alt.support.herpes
>Date: 03 Jan 2000 22:53:28 GMT

Denise Elliott

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00
I have them too, they started about two years ago and have gotten worse and
worse. I had 60 per minute, sometimes more, for two weeks last month. (all
caught on tape, lol). I have had heart monitors and all of that and it
doesn't show any major problems with my heart, but I did read somewhere that
they had found the herpes virus in the heart valves of some people that had
arrythmias. Hmmph. It would definitely make for an interesting study.

karen

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
> but I did read somewhere that
they had found the herpes virus in the heart valves of some people that had
arrythmias.<

OK, Denise, time for you to help US. ; )

Can you remember where you read this? Since others here are expressing the
same thing, it would be a good thing for us to read!

Tim Fitzmaurice

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00

Weell, there is quite a bit of herpesvirus and heart work about, but
focusses mostly in AIDS and transplant patients, and on cytomegalovirus,
with a little side line into Epstein Barr (both bloodbourne herpesviruses)

However the following two papers did leap out on simplex.....

Yamashiroya HM. Ghosh L. Yang R. Robertson AL Jr.
Herpesviridae in the coronary arteries and aorta of young trauma victims.
American Journal of Pathology. Vol 130(1) (pp 71-79), 1988.

They looked here for HSV and CMV, the HSV was looked for by looking for
DNA by ins itu hybridisation., 6 of 8 were positive for HSv in the
coronary artery and 5/8 in the thoracic aorta. The association is with
areas showing atherosclerosis of various stages, and its was in occasional
cells. It does not differentiate between HSV1 and HSV2.

The second paper is......

Raza-Ahmad A. Klassen GA. Murphy DA. Sullivan JA. Kinley CE. Landymore
RW. Wood JR.
Evidence of type 2 herpes simplex infection in human coronary arteries at
the time of coronary artery bypass surgery.
Canadian Journal of Cardiology. Vol 11(11) (pp 1025-1029), 1995.

~They did actually look for both HSV 1 and 2, both by DNA and viral
antigen(proteins), a much more complete study than the first. 61% had
inflammation, 45% were HSV2 +ve, only one was HSV1 +ve. Correlation was
found between history of recent COLD SORES and HSV2 positivity
^^^^
Their conclusion is simply....A correlation exists between HSV-2 infection
and the inflammatory response associated with atherosclerosis

So in transplants they have something.....again its the age old question
of chicken and egg here, is the HSV reacting to the damage or what?

Not exactly palpitations, and I can;t yet find anything on that, but I;m
still looking, and also thinking along the lines of what immune chemicals
are sloshing around the body and if they could be contributing to the
idea...

Tim
When playing rugby, its not the winning that counts, but the taking apart
ICQ: 5178568

Denise Elliott

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
I will look for where I read it, I think it was a document I got off of med
line, when I was going through them the first time. Tim sited some good
stuff too!

Denise

karen

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
Bless you Tim for reading all this stuff! I would go nuts after about 2
paragraphs - I am so glad you are here!!!!!

MARYGMARY

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
Thank you Tim for finding this and for all your interest and concern...

Thanks,
Love
Mary

>Subject: Re: Acyclovir causing heart palpitaitons?
>From: Tim Fitzmaurice tj...@cus.cam.ac.uk
>Newsgroups: alt.support.herpes
>Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:01:15 +0000

Tim Fitzmaurice

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, karen wrote:

> Bless you Tim for reading all this stuff! I would go nuts after about 2
> paragraphs - I am so glad you are here!!!!!

Well so far I ahve only been digging in the abstracts which makes a
sensible workload.

I have done a quicky search on cytokines and the heart, there does appear
to be a link to palpitation possible there, but I have no idea which
specific ones, whether htey are the same ones as around in response to a
virus infection in particular and what levels of the chemical are needed
for this, anyone know a friendly cardiologist who could give a sensible
answer on that???

Todays black humour, during the search on the keywords 'heart palpitation'
and 'cytokine' one paper returned with those keywords was entitled "The
medical Use of Urine', hmmmmm.......

Tim Fitzmaurice

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, The Hurdy Gurdy Man wrote:

> Tim Fitzmaurice <tj...@cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Todays black humour, during the search on the keywords 'heart
> > palpitation' and 'cytokine' one paper returned with those keywords was
> > entitled "The medical Use of Urine', hmmmmm.......
>

> Well, at least it didn't turn up something worse like "the cooking uses of
> urine," right?

Heh,, well I want to know how that title returned and presumbly was
connected to the keywords I used.

Scrub that, I don't want to know.....

karen

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
>"The
medical Use of Urine', hmmmmm.......<

Well, I do know urine is good for sunburn, but I stick to the stuff that
comes in a bottle myself. LOL

PASTEL22

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
Hello headsup,

I have the same problem but I was getting the palpitaitons before I contracted
herpes. The palpitations were cause by a mild hyper thyroid problem. I took
meds for the thyroid problem and I went back to normal. About six months after
I contracted herpes the thyroid conditon returned slightly and I read that
contracting a virus could trigger a relaspe of hyper thyriod. Result- heart
palpitations returned. Sometimes I still beleive the palpitations are caused
by the herpes medication. At times I also feel a little dizzy with a sick
headache. I went to the doctor and they could not find anything wrong. I get
this sick headache at least once a month.

pastel

karen

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
Hi Pastel!

>I get
this sick headache at least once a month.<

I had a headache on and off for almost a year straight....turned out to be
allergies and Claritin cleared it up for me...this is after 6 mos. of being
poked, prodded, CAT-scanned, tested for HIV....and nothing!!!! So on a whim
I asked my dr. for the Claritin as I have always had hayfever....Just a
thought for ya!

crownspe...@yahoo.com

Jun 2, 2015, 1:04:28 PM6/2/15
It's definitely the Valtrex!! Had like 20 to 30 heart palpitations a day. Big ones. Took a few weeks after I stopped taking the medication for them to stop.

healthph...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2016, 12:26:42 PM12/15/16
понедельник, 3 января 2000 г., 10:00:00 UTC+2 пользователь headsup написал:
> I wonder if anyone out there taking acyclovir has experienced any heart
> palpitations (when your heart kind of "skips" a beat every now & then) as a
> side effect. I've been on acyclovir for about 3 months & this wierd thing
> started 3 weeks ago. I have no history of any heart problems.
>
> ThankWe sell a wide range of Pharmaceutical product online. We offer the best quality Pain Killers, sex pills, HGH, diet pills, sleeping pills, anti-depressants, anti-aging pills, weight loss pills .We Have the following in stock, ativan, ethylone, methylone a-pvp Fentanyl, Ketamine , Actavis, methylone, Morphine, Oxycontin, ALP-Alprazolam, ethylone, methylone, a-pvp, Oxycodone, Rivotril-clonazepam, Xanax, crak, Methadone, Ambien, Amphetamine, methampetamine, MDMA, Ecstasy, Adipex, Duromine, Hydromorphone ,onax, Ritalin,sibutril,Suboxone,and other research chemical. We do 4 days for standard shipping and 24 Hours Express Delivery Available. Fast, safe and reliable delivery .We Provide Tracking Numbers And Free sample To An Extent .  Hope you will enjoy our services. Your suggestion, we will highly appreciate.email .our contact for more detail
Hope you will enjoy our services. Your suggestion,  we will highly appreciate.email for more detail  .our contact

email: healthpharmacyhp (AT) gmail.com
SKYPR: pharmacystock  TEL: 1 (928) 476-7485
web:www.bestcarepharmacys.com/s for any feedback!