Long-term suppression of hepatitis B in patients with HIV may lower cancer risk

%

May 23, 2021, 12:00:06 AM5/23/21
While the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) – primary liver cancer—is higher
among patients who have HIV, it's even higher among patients who have HIV and detectable
hepatitis B, according to research from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University
of Pennsylvania. Among participants with HIV and hepatitis B, suppressing detectable
hepatitis B infection with the use of antiretroviral therapy cut the risk of developing
HCC by 58 percent. These findings suggest that the best care for individuals with HIV and
detectable hepatitis B includes sustained hepatitis B suppression with antiretroviral
therapy in order to cut the risk of developing HCC. The study is published in the journal
Hepatology.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-05-long-term-suppression-hepatitis-patients-hiv.html

SynCity

May 23, 2021, 8:19:52 AM5/23/21
Found a new home for pissantbot. He'll be here posting indefinitely if
you want to visit his corpse. Think I will change his name to Silver
Slimer though.. LOL

--
==>> SynCity <<==
Sending idiots packing since 1997

Donald J. Trump - Still not in Jail
BWHAHAHAHAHA

Silver Slimer

May 23, 2021, 8:39:02 AM5/23/21

SynCity

Jul 1, 2021, 2:28:06 AM7/1/21
I had to put these plans on hold so that I can get my ass thoroughly
*SPNAK!ED* by kensi in alt.checkmate.

SynCity

Jul 1, 2021, 5:44:25 AM7/1/21
Why are you posting gay news, Slimer?