Re: not getting medicine

Thip

Aug 20, 2015, 1:12:15 PM8/20/15
Be glad you don't need Harvoni.  I guess I would be upset if I were in your shoes, but I'd much rather have a working liver than a new drug.

Having said that, the virus was undectable at 4 weeks and again at 8 weeks.  That's not to say there isn't one lurking somewhere that will show up once I finish my 24 weeks (October), but I'll take what I can get at this point.

SF

Aug 20, 2015, 1:56:42 PM8/20/15
I agree with what you say Thip I am glad that I don't need it! Of course if
I'd get it eventually and will get 100% better and also get rid of this
forever fatigue I would also be glad, but I take what I got. I am glad it is
still looking good for you too, fingers crossed!
SF
ps I wonder how it is with Brian now

"Thip" <m...@privacy.net> schreef in bericht

SF

Sep 2, 2015, 7:30:25 AM9/2/15
got the follow up call today from the doctor after the echo and blood test
from 2 weeks ago. Slightly elevated blood values and slight fibrosis of the
liver but no serious damage, so still not getting the medicine. She hopes
that perhaps at the end of next year it will be available for all patients.
I know my geno-type now: it's 1a.
Don't have to come back for a year now.

SF

Thip

Sep 2, 2015, 7:02:53 PM9/2/15
"SF" <S...@example.nl> wrote in message
That means Harvoni. Compared to the old tx it's a walk in the park. Here's
hoping it becomes more widely available.